Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Suggestion: The Millionare

Having stocked up on obscene amounts of gold lately (I am at 768k atm) I decided to spend it all as quickly as I can, I am doing alot of random shit on all my alts now, you wouldn't believe how much fun you can have with gold.

So here is my suggestion, give an actual incentive to make alot of gold in WoW, as it stands there is no purpose, after a set ammount gold loses its value, if you have gold above a treshold you can do whatever you want and there is little reason to get more. My suggestion is make a title for those that reach the cap of one million wow gold. The Millionaire would be an awesome title.
    I liek fysix

Deleted
    The incentive is that you never have to "worry" about needing gold. You can buy whatever you like for yourself.
    Plus a lot of people find playing the AH/making gold fun.

Also, the problem with achievements where you 'have gold' as opposed to looting it, is that its easy to manipulate. I have 250,000g, and I have several close wow-friends that do also. We could simply pool our gold, trade it around in a circle, and then split it up when we're done to 'cheat' the achievement.

Deleted
    Yup, as above, people who trust each other will just pool gold, get the title, and then split it back up again, essentially making it a meaningless and inaccurate title. You'd have to make it so you only had the title whilst you had the gold on you, which would mean you couldn't spend it, which damages the economy anyway.

The statistics page tracks "Total Gold Aquired", "Most gold ever owned" and "Gold Earned from Auctions". Any of these are viable but all are up for exploitation or are limited when it comes to earning a possible achievement. "Total Gold Aquired" could be used since it totals up what the character has made over its existance but like Tordek said people can trade around gold and it would count towards this(I'm fairly sure it does anyway). For "Most Gold Ever Owned" the exact same thing is possible but requires all of your gold to also be stockpiled and not spent. "Gold Earned From Auctions" could be exploited by two people but in the end there would be a large loss of money and time the major drawback of this is that it is limited to auctions while many people do face-to-face trades.

The achievement could just track how much gold is currently possessed and instead of being a 1 time achievement it could require you to always have the gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloshman View Post
    The achievement could just track how much gold is currently possessed and instead of being a 1 time achievement it could require you to always have the gold.
    That is a cool idea. Better get saving.

Deleted
    Or you could just buy the title for 1000000 gold, similar to the "of the Shattered Sun" one. Of course it may seem expensive, but if you are truly Millionaire you will make that gold back again

Not to mention the awful target painted on your back. I already have people randomly whispering me for gold... I guess because they look at my gear first. Wearing a title "the millionaire" - although a great idea - I can just imagine the ... awwww com on bruh whats 10g to you? you are a milllllynair.

It would make sense that you have to buy the title but that would annoy me personally.

More uses for gold would be fun. Especially cattering to perhaps the truely rich that made a sport out of making gold. A chopper for 15k is nothing to a true tycoon. He could make that in a day's effort.

-Some ideas would be to convert gold into reputation. You "donate" to the war efforts of, aw hell... Gnomeregan, they deserve it the little buggers. And for a mere 1k donation you gain reputation.

-More cool but very expensive mounts.

-Other gimmicky or aestetic rewards for gold.

the incentive is what you wrote OP - simply spend it on EVERYTHING sundays i like to just go to the ah and buy all kinds of crap just to spend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloshman View Post
    The statistics page tracks "Total Gold Aquired", "Most gold ever owned" and "Gold Earned from Auctions". Any of these are viable but all are up for exploitation or are limited when it comes to earning a possible achievement. "Total Gold Aquired" could be used since it totals up what the character has made over its existance but like Tordek said people can trade around gold and it would count towards this(I'm fairly sure it does anyway). For "Most Gold Ever Owned" the exact same thing is possible but requires all of your gold to also be stockpiled and not spent. "Gold Earned From Auctions" could be exploited by two people but in the end there would be a large loss of money and time the major drawback of this is that it is limited to auctions while many people do face-to-face trades.

Hehe the statistics bugs after a certain amount. I been in the negative #s for quite a while.

Ya mine bugged recently and went into the negative billions of copper >< why copper idk lol. But when i went to go look at my statistics page just now it has been fixed and seems to be accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by goki View Post
    Having stocked up on obscene amounts of gold lately (I am at 768k atm) I decided to spend it all as quickly as I can, I am doing alot of random shit on all my alts now, you wouldn't believe how much fun you can have with gold.

So here is my suggestion, give an actual incentive to make alot of gold in WoW, as it stands there is no purpose, after a set ammount gold loses its value, if you have gold above a treshold you can do whatever you want and there is little reason to get more. My suggestion is make a title for those that reach the cap of one million wow gold. The Millionaire would be an awesome title.
    What kind of fun stuff have you found to do with your gold? I'm in the same boat, I've got about 800k and have absolutly nothing to spend it on. i wish people would bring some cool TGC mounts or something to my server but that never happens so my gold just sits on my bank toon going up and up.

It would be awsome if blizz put in some mounts that cost a boat load of money, having "show off" items is much better than having a grip of gold in the bank.

Yes, I went and spended some 60k the other day cause I reached new milestone in gold.. tough it was time I just found something.. Now Im out of ideas, cant think of anything but TCG loot witch dosent interest me much.. got a code pet trough a guild for 15k... never gonna buy another one since ill have 150 pets easly now.. so no point imo

I could see people selling this to their friends for a decent price - so long as they think the person is trustworthy that is
    I run a satire / humor blog site very The Onion-esque. It's like taking trolling to another level.

www.spinatlantic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Weed View Post
    Or you could just buy the title for 1000000 gold, similar to the "of the Shattered Sun" one. Of course it may seem expensive, but if you are truly Millionaire you will make that gold back again
    good idea, i like that

10+ Year Old Account
    That's actually a quite good idea.

the Millionaire does sound like an awesome title though I'll probably never get within 990,000 gold of it.

Blizzard doesn't want you to stock pile gold so why would they encourage anyone to do it?