10+ Year Old Account

Beth'tilac healing woes

Hey hey
    I'm looking for advice for my guild's 10man Beth healing strat.
    We run with a holy paladin, resto shaman and myself (disc). All three of us are over 365ilevel and having issues in phase 2.
    Usually we put the holy paladin, tank and 1 dps up top. I heal down below with the shaman. That goes well, no real issues. But by time Beth comes down and we start to burn, it just gets overwhelming around 10-20% health left on the boss. All three healers are bone dry, no CDs left.

I've been wondering if we don't have enough dps to burn her? Most attempts all of our dps have been doing 16-20k. As for HPS, all three healers are between 14 and 18k. It still doesn't seem like enough. Is there something we're doing wrong healing wise? Or is it more of a dps problem?

This is more likely a fine balance of DPS not hitting the benchmark and Healers blowing mana/cds healing mistakes.
    DO NOT ASK 4 NINNERVATE!>?

Deleted
    When phase 2 starts, what % is the boss?

We did it 100->0 the first time we downed it but we have good healers.

14k hps seems a bit low imo

10+ Year Old Account
    We have our mana/cd turns tuned pretty well, haven't had any accidental usage there.

Most attempts Beth is at 70-80% when she comes down for the burn phase.

14k HPS was the lowest and came from the resto shaman. I usually hit 18-20k as disc and the holy paladin is round 15-18k

What is the dps benchmark for the burn phase? I figured all 5 dps doing 16-20k was decent =\

Is this Normal? Those sorts of healing numbers and damage numbers seem more than adequate for 10man Beth.

All I could think of is that your healers are not being as mana efficient as they could be - overhealing a lot on AoE heals? Possibly try Holy rather than Disc for the boost in AoE healing in P2, PW:B shouldn't really be necessary for normal. Have your Paladin focus on the tank while using Radiance when possible and HP on Light of Dawn while Priest + Shaman focus on the raid. Healing Rain, Chain Heal and PoH should be more than adequate to heal Bethtilac's pulse unless you're getting absurd stacks on her, which given your DPS you shouldn't be.

My guild 2 heals it. I play resto shammy, and can raid heal for ages in p2. With 2 points in telluric currents, i can stay at about 100% mana till the boss is at about 50% health or so. I dont really see why you would 3 heal it on reg though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steady View Post
    Is this Normal? Those sorts of healing numbers and damage numbers seem more than adequate for 10man Beth.

All I could think of is that your healers are not being as mana efficient as they could be - overhealing a lot on AoE heals? Possibly try Holy rather than Disc for the boost in AoE healing in P2, PW:B shouldn't really be necessary for normal. Have your Paladin focus on the tank while using Radiance when possible and HP on Light of Dawn while Priest + Shaman focus on the raid. Healing Rain, Chain Heal and PoH should be more than adequate to heal Bethtilac's pulse unless you're getting absurd stacks on her, which given your DPS you shouldn't be.

Hmm yeah, probably absurd stacks. She usually hits 20-30 stacks with 10-15% life left =\

p1 is all about shortening p2, it sounds like your p2 is running long and your ooming because of it. You might want to consider sending 2 dps up top in p1. Depending on your raid comp this can cause some trouble getting the drones down. What my guild does is our hunter solos the spiderlings, while the other 2 bottom dps kill the drone. They are always slow on the drone but we make up for that durring the Smoldering Devastation(when the top group jumps down). The two top dps help burn down a drone, it usually dies really fast with 4 of us there. Then repeat, we usually push p2 with under 60% left depending how fast the top group can get back up.

One more tip to get the top group up faster is to taunt the spinners off their webs rather then killing them. We have it kinda easy since or dk tank taunts one then death grips a second, then our dps dk does the same thing insta 4 webs down for everyone.