The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Too much Hypnotic Dust - Ridiculous! (and Zephyrite Rant)

So I'm ending up with a LOT of Hypnotic Dust - I mean boat loads. I probably have 2,000+ even with my feeble attempts at selling at the AH. Is there anything people suggest to do with it (aside from shoving it up my . . . .)? At this point I'd take crafting something with it and then DE'ing that item - but I can't find any reasonable outlet for it. (Hyp Dust on my server is selling, when it does sell, at 1.7g per - practically free)

[Another Zephyrite Rant] - nothing to do with them except vendor or sell for next to nothing on JC daily day! (can you say daily day? - is that legal?).

And ore prices are ridiculous atm. 70g+ for elementium stacks, more for obsidium. Crazy!

What we really need is something to craft from Hypnotic Dust and Zephyrites. Who is with me?!?!?!

If you have a surplus of dust, try selling Heartsong scrolls. They sell exceptionally well on my server for the amount of mats needed and they cost 9 dust each so it's a good way to bleed off all the excess you've gathered =D.
    primum non nocere

yeah but for that you need heavenly shards which are ridiculously priced atm since nobody does normal dungeons anymore since zandalari has so many better rewards.

As it happens, zephyrite is the lowest milled gem I get

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    And ore prices are ridiculous atm. 70g+ for elementium stacks, more for obsidium. Crazy!

What we really need is something to craft from Hypnotic Dust and Zephyrites. Who is with me?!?!?!
    not here.
    Obsidium ore goes for less than 1g each, elementium about 1.2g each, even pyrite at 2.33g each today.
    depends how many people stock pilled and are now selling.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Ret was broken. If you don’t see eye to eye with us on that, then it’s understandable why the degree of change might be surprising to you
    i7 920@ 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte X58A-UD7, 6GB Ram Triple Channel OCZ @ 1900Mhz, CrossFire HD 5850 1Gb, Vertex 3 240Gb, BenQ M2700HD. G15 Keyboard

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ragingsoul View Post
    not here.
    Obsidium ore goes for less than 1g each, elementium about 1.2g each, even pyrite at 2.33g each today.
    depends how many people stock pilled and are now selling.
    '

What are your Greater Celestials and Heavenly Shards selling for?

I was selling my excessive Hypnotic Dust for a while in the form of Embersilk Bags (15 bolt of cloth + 15 dusts), but that doesn't work as weel as its used to. Either more people are in the bag business now, or there is simply less demand now. Maybe in a few weeks when people get bored with Firelands they will start more new alts that need bagspace.

Deleted
    I have no problem with either of these materials. I use hypnotic dust for crafting a lot of enchantment scrolls and bags, and zephyrites I transmute to shadowspirit diamonds or ocean sapphires and cut and sell those.

Quote Originally Posted by Reiga View Post
    I have no problem with either of these materials. I use hypnotic dust for crafting a lot of enchantment scrolls and bags, and zephyrites I transmute to shadowspirit diamonds or ocean sapphires and cut and sell those.
    What do you cut Ocean Sapphires into? I have roughly 350 taking up space in my bank.. would be more if i transmuted Zephyrites. Would love to get rid of them.

Deleted
    I have all three designs which are Solid (stamina), Rigid (hit) and Sparkling (spirit) Ocean Sapphire, and I can sell all those cuts for over 20g each. Just be patient, the cuts might not go for as high price every day as some people like to push them low regularly. Gems stack these days so you are not pressured to sell them as fast as before when you were running out of bag space. Having an alt to do all your jewelcrafting related auctions helps a lot.

Deleted
    You got a lot of dust? i have like 40 greater essence but <10 dust and i allways have to buy it if i have to enc something on my gear.

Deleted
    If you have a JC: I make jasper rings and alicite necklaces which I disenchant to dust. Sometimes hessonite bands and nightstone pendants too if transmuting ember topazes isn't more profitable and I have a bank load of nightstones taking up the space. Carnelian Spikes is the only commonly crafted JC item that disenchants into a lot of greater celestial essences, other ones I've mentioned in this post disenchant into dust and lesser essences.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reiga View Post
    If you have a JC: I make jasper rings and alicite necklaces which I disenchant to dust. Sometimes hessonite bands and nightstone pendants too if transmuting ember topazes isn't more profitable and I have a bank load of nightstones taking up the space. Carnelian Spikes is the only commonly crafted JC item that disenchants into a lot of greater celestial essences, other ones I've mentioned in this post disenchant into dust and lesser essences.
    Hm, that's probably what he is doing already. And when you are doing that you get tons of dust and zepphs cant be crafted into anything. And he was wondering what to do with that stuff.

OT: I don't know bro, my friend got same problem. Seems like there's not much to do. I hope they add something useful for zeps in some patch, but then again in Wotlk there was some green gems you didn't use as well and it was just cut and vendor for 50s-1g each

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Hm, that's probably what he is doing already. And when you are doing that you get tons of dust and zepphs cant be crafted into anything. And he was wondering what to do with that stuff.
    I think Reiga was replying to Farec with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    OT: I don't know bro, my friend got same problem. Seems like there's not much to do. I hope they add something useful for zeps in some patch, but then again in Wotlk there was some green gems you didn't use as well and it was just cut and vendor for 50s-1g each
    I highly doubt you'll be able to do anything useful with them. I keep them around though, unless I'm lacking bag space, because it's not like I'm in a rush to get a few silver for them as their vendor price won't change... @OP: I must say that I find the Zephyrites to be much more annoying than the dust. At least the dust is used for something. Do you not have access to an enchanter?

Deleted
    If you have an Alchemist+JC it might be worth trying to sell Bloodthirsty Sapphire Rings

T
    ransmute the Zeph into Ocean Sapphires. 8 V.Air will set you back quite a bit, but it can turn in a profit. The rings sell for 1k on my server. Test the waters by listing one and see how it does on the AH.