Deleted

I am a greedy MF....Or not (Enchanting)

Okey - So I have all the current and most, If not all , old enchanting spells.

I never advertise , I just click whoever screams out "LF Enchanter!!!" or whatever.

I charge between 30 and 45g, and I pickup customers like a little fungirl each time I cross stormwind.

For mongoose etc., il charge like 150g - people pays. I am kind to everyone, I provide help if they are about to enchant "wrong" - and they are happy. Spec if they save gold on money, and ofc i rise my fee with like 20g.

At the same time, I see 525 enchanters spamming trade that they enchant for free, but that tips are welcome.

Just tell me why, really.

Also, opinion on this:

I needed a Obsidium Cleaver for my prot specc. I had 2x Living embers, and there where only 1x on the ah for like 26k. The cleavers where up for about 35k.

Found someone that where willing to trade 2x embers for the cleaver ( After I sold him how good profit he could make - Even tho, I knew he would not )

I made a good deal, did buy 3x Embers with the Gbank money for 21k from another guild and the "dude" where really upset. Started to spam trade that I where scammer - He got banned for 72 hours.

So, did I scam, or just made a good deal?
    Last edited by mmoc88588e6bcf; 2011-07-27 at 07:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people just have no business sense.
    You don't eat a meal and expect it to be paid for by the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

I can understand giving free enchants while leveling the skill but I also don't understand why people give others free enchants when there 525. Doesn't affect me but I too find it quite odd when I see someone posting free enchants at 525.

Deleted
    Some people just need to feel they are needed by someone more than they need gold.

Deleted
    Yeah, Maybe.

Some people start to bitch - First they ask me for a fee. For like Peerless or M. Reci on chest, I always say its 50g fee. People have never ever complained.

For others - If they ask what the fee is like, I respond its 35g and then they just try to give me 20g, I infact tells them to give me what i asked for, and also asks them why they ask about the fee if they don't even care. If they go on, I just say that I keep a shard, a crystal or 3-4x dusts of the mats or whatever for take up my time. And everyone in fact agrees and trade me the gold.

This and that have in fact made me really like to haggle like a mad man while buying expensive BoE;s from FL trash. Someone always need gold more then me. Profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Linneeaa View Post
    For others - If they ask what the fee is like, I respond its 35g and then they just try to give me 20g, I infact tells them to give me what i asked for, and also asks them why they ask about the fee if they don't even care. If they go on, I just say that I keep a shard, a crystal or 3-4x dusts of the mats or whatever for take up my time. And everyone in fact agrees and trade me the gold.
    Be careful about keeping their mats against their will or without an agreement. They can report you for scamming.... and while they're being idiotic, you're the one who will have walked away with their mats.

Not saying you're wrong or right, just commenting really. I have no issue with people who ask fees, and in fact it's a pet peeve of mine when people work for tips and require said tips (if it's a tip, it's not required; if it's required, it's not a tip).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Be careful about keeping their mats against their will or without an agreement. They can report you for scamming.... and while they're being idiotic, you're the one who will have walked away with their mats.

Not saying you're wrong or right, just commenting really. I have no issue with people who ask fees, and in fact it's a pet peeve of mine when people work for tips and require said tips (if it's a tip, it's not required; if it's required, it's not a tip).
    Yeah, but its like more of a threat then something I would do. Lets say I tell them I would keep 2x Hypnotic dusts - its...4g. They in fact just don't bother and upfronts the cash, since they see that its reasonable if they refuses to pay the asked fee - its a win win situation. They think.

Deleted
    It might be worth considering leaving the tip amount to the customer. Depends what type of market your server has. I find if i say tips welcome. They ask how much and I say whatever they think is fair. Sure some smart ass will give 1g but i've had tips of 400g and such.

I've got my own enchanter, and most of what I use him for is personal stuff and enchants for my friends/guildies. I never advertise in trade, but I will respond to two types of requests posted by other people.
    1 - those looking for obscure/expensive enchants. I collect recipes so I can cover this market nicely, along with keeping a steady stock of the related mats/scrolls on the AH. I ask them to tip me what they think is fair, and it's almost always more than what I would have asked for.
    2 - leveling enchanters who are willing to pay per skill-up. If there's something on there that I can sell for a profit, I'll double-dip and make 20-50g on top of my normal profit for that item. Win-win, imo.

If it is their mats, i normally just ask for tip. Plus what Destron said, sometimes i get tips for way more than i would have asked for a fee. But honestly I can make more gold selling scrolls than doing enchants in trade. Even if i did have a fee.

During the portal selling craze, I think I made double the ammount of $$ that others did by offering mine for free. People were trying to get away with 15-25g per portal, I offered for free, simple straight up, no nag for tips or anything.

A lot of people appreciated it and gave me tips, random enchanting mats, whatever, and had some nice chats for the hour or so I was doing it.

A few k gold later and all the 'sellers' had packed up after sending me a few angry /w about the fact that they had lost all their 'business'.

By offering it for free you make everyone happy, and in that mood they are often far more generous than they would be otherwise. A few people asked if I could port all their alts out of Dalaran, ofc I said yes and was tipped 100g once and 150g the second time, for like 3 portals, some of which were still up when the next alt came on-line and got invited.

I gave up selling enchants in trade a long time ago, I simply buy mats when cheap and list scrolls when they get low or overpriced. The markup of 30-200% over mats cost is plenty and also takes care of all the mats I get while VP farming. Charging a fee makes sense when enchants are expensive to obtain and you need to recoup your investment, but in the long run I much prefer doing it all for free and being tipped way more than I would ever charge makes up for the times that people don't offer any tip.

Deleted
    If i want to make money with my prof, i use the AH.
    Most of the time, i enchant/craft for free.

The other day i have a dude who spammed trade that he needed full bloodthirsty set, i pm'd him, link'd my BS, and he said - "how much fee", i said "as much as you want", so instead getting 50g, the dude tipped me 350g and became very happy, and still contact me from time to time to craft some stuff for him.

Isnt what's all about? Making friends and being polite with others.
    Yes you spend money to level your prof, and you do whatever you want with it, but personally i don't feel comfortable asking 150g from someone to enchant his weapon.

Everything its up to you.

The cleaver was basically a scam. If you have to ask, you know it was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linneeaa View Post

Found someone that where willing to trade 2x embers for the cleaver ( After I sold him how good profit he could make - Even tho, I knew he would not )

-snip-

So, did I scam, or just made a good deal?
    You didn't scam. Not technically. But you talked up the embers like a slimy used car salesman, knowing they weren't worth what you claimed, and used that inflated opinion of them as currency to trade them away. Underhanded and dirty, but not scamming. The buyer could have been more diligent in finding out the prices for the Embers himself.

Personally i've never asked for gold when enchanting for random people out of trade. I just let them tip whatever they feel like/can afford.
    Sometimes i get a 10g tip and sometimes 500g+.
    I generally don't go spamming trade LFW though, if i see someone who's been asking for an enchant for more than 5 minutes or so and obviously can't find any enchanters i'll pipe up and tell him to meet me somewhere. If you ask for 50g then he will jut give you 50g, if you leave it open then if they're grateful they will tip alot more.
    In my experience it evens out between those who tip low, and those who are very happy to have their enchant and tip accordingly.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as you don't lie, you aren't scamming. I buy BOE JP boots for 500g, and resell. Sometimes people ask why im buying mail when I wear plate. I don't say I'm buying to flip, but I don't lie either.

You did something like this: http://goldgrubs.com/298/wow-scams-1...gear-or-items/ Knowing the AH was overpriced. Scam? No. Deceitful/slightly illicit, sure. Would I do it? No.
    Last edited by Darkfriend; 2011-07-29 at 06:21 AM.