Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I am a huge music nut, but I would rather be deaf then blind. You can still drive a car and be deaf, though you would actually have to watch the gauges to shift rather then just listening to the RPM.

I'd go blind before deaf.

I can deal with darkness, but not silence.
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, being that I'm blind and deaf on my left side, I'm not sure which I would chose. I mean...I think if I had to chose, I'd probably go fully deaf. Too many smiling faces I'd miss if I was fully blind.
    "I do not concern myself with gods and spirits, either good or evil, nor do I serve any."

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrinn View Post
    But yeah, I'll give you Glwys' soul in exchange for answers, Boub!
    And that's how I lost my soul...

Imo I'd go with losing my sight. When you go deaf you not only lose you sense of hearing but you also lose the ability to communicate. Sign language is an impractical and and almost useless form of speech. inb4 writing down everything you do

Deaf, no question about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather not be any, both are really important factors in my life right now and I couldn't see myself living without them.

I'd rather be blind. Being stuck in the dark forever sucks, yeah, but think of everything you'd miss.

Music, conversations with friends/family. Truth be told, I'd miss seeing my girlfriend's beautiful face, but I'd miss hearing her voice more.Sight < sound for me.

Deaf would be fine sign language would just take awhile to get the hang of.

@ the OP,

You should make a poll out of this!

I'd personally choose to be blind. I don't think I could stand being able to play my guitar and not hear the sound resonating from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dead. I love music as much as I love sight.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by cwine View Post
    It is scary to think about isn't it? Its the little things in life we take for granite...I can't imagine not being about to look around at the world.
    Please tell me you did that on purpose. I'd vote to be deaf.
    Keep The Beats!

Poll - deaf will win by far..

I'd be deaf because you can still communicate and enjoy life, TBH I have both sight problems(miopy) and I also can't hear THAT WELL. But I'd choose my long-range blurry sight everyday over hearing.

L.E.: Look at Beethoven. He deafened in the end and still created masterpieces..

Quote Originally Posted by cwine View Post
    It is scary to think about isn't it? Its the little things in life we take for granite...I can't imagine not being about to look around at the world.
    The expression is "to take something for granted".

Well actually im already deaf in one ear (if i cover the other up i cant hear a thing) and i can deffinatly say id keep my sight. Seeing darkness wuld be hell, and hell i already know what its like to be deaf.
    -My advice is to chill a little, sit back, and watch Deathwing destroy your world.
    -DID YOU KNOW that the declaration of independence contains 1337 words??

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Poll - deaf will win by far..

I'd be deaf because you can still communicate and enjoy life, TBH I have both sight problems(miopy) and I also can't hear THAT WELL. But I'd choose my long-range blurry sight everyday over hearing.

L.E.: Look at Beethoven. He deafened in the end and still created masterpieces..
    Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles are/were blind.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Deaf. At least you can still drive lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Geary View Post
    The expression is "to take something for granted".
    I'm sorry but the phrase is:

That's a gneiss rock, don't take it for granite!
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd choose to become deaf. Music and voices will always play in this mind of mine.
    "After dealing with about 10 000 patients over the last 15 years, I would say that over 200 different medical conditions respond favorably to cannabis."
    - The late Dr. Tod Mikuriya, MD, interview in The Union: The business behind getting high
    Former national administrator of the U.S. Government's marijuana research programs
    http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/home

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Going with Deaf here for sure

Being able to see and feel would be the worst two senses to lose for me. I love music but I could handle being deaf. If I was forced to choose what senses to lose my pick would be taste/smell. I love to taste new foods and drinks, but I could see the loss of such a sense an easy way to control weight as well. If it doesn't taste then prob I will just eat to fulfill my hunger then stop.

Deaf or Blind. I choose Deaf.