Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    Some time ago, I had a macro a friend made for me to randomly summon one of my mounts (flying or nonflying depending on the area) every time I press the macro. When Blizz changed the Castrandom option for macros, this broke and I've yet to find a good replacement for it.

Could you please help me figure out how to cast a random mount when I click the button (preferred flying/nonflying where applicable)?

Thank you very much for the help.
    /castrandom [flyable] Flymount1, Flymount 2, ...; Groundmount1, Groundmount2,...

Thank you much,
    Then I just link the mounts, right?

Since I have so many mounts, is it possible to tie this together with another macro for more options, or should I start looking into an addon in that case?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    This is a rarity - me asking for help on these forums. ;-)

I recently re-started playing my 85 paladin. For convenience, I have an all-in-one equipset/fishing/repentance macro.
    Only one problem - if I hold down Alt when I hit the keybind, nothing happens.
    If I hold down Alt and left-click the macro, nothing happens.
    If I hold down Alt and RIGHT click the macro, then and only then will it change me into my fishing gear.

It happens on any slot on my actionbars - whether it's bound to 1 or v or even ;. I've bound the alt-<key> combination to an unused action in the Blizzard keybindings, and then cleared it. I've used Domino's hoverbinding to bind that key combination to another actionbarbutton and then removed that binding.

The spell works normally - if I have a fishing pole, it casts fishing. If I don't, it casts Repentance.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nomod, equipped:fishing pole] Fishing; [nomod] Repentance
    /equipset [mod:alt] Fishing; [mod:shift] DPS; [mod:ctrl] Tank
    Does anybody have any other ideas? This is becoming rather annoying. I use similar macros on every character I have that does Fishing, and this is the only one having this problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    Thank you much,
    Then I just link the mounts, right?

Since I have so many mounts, is it possible to tie this together with another macro for more options, or should I start looking into an addon in that case?
    From the top of my head, I don't know. I myself have more mounts than fit into the 255 characters; so I have to choose anyway -.-
    My macro (schematically) looks like this:

/castrandom [flyable,btn:2]Sandstone Drake;[flyable]other fly mounts;[btn:2]Chopper;other ground mounts

so I can directly summon the "taxi" mounts with right click.

Edit:
    Taryble, I have no real idea what's happening there. Have you tried it without any Addon enabled that could interfere with the keys (mainly Domino^^)?
    Last edited by mmocdd8e41448a; 2011-07-29 at 07:48 AM.

Deleted
    Hey, i found this feral charge, pounce, ravage macro on wowwiki

#showtooltip
    /castsequence [stealth] reset=5 Feral Charge(Cat Form); Pounce(Cat From); Feral Charge(Cat Form)
    /cast Ravage(Cat Form)

It uses the Ravage from the Stampede talent, only problem is, it won't let me pounce.
    I can feral charge then use ravage but how do i get it to pounce first?

Thank you in advance

Code:
    /castsequence [stealth] reset=28 Feral Charge(Cat Form), Pounce
    /cast [combat] Ravage
    Try this one instead.

---------- Post added 2011-07-29 at 06:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
    This is a rarity - me asking for help on these forums. ;-)

I recently re-started playing my 85 paladin. For convenience, I have an all-in-one equipset/fishing/repentance macro.
    Only one problem - if I hold down Alt when I hit the keybind, nothing happens.
    If I hold down Alt and left-click the macro, nothing happens.
    If I hold down Alt and RIGHT click the macro, then and only then will it change me into my fishing gear.

It happens on any slot on my actionbars - whether it's bound to 1 or v or even ;. I've bound the alt-<key> combination to an unused action in the Blizzard keybindings, and then cleared it. I've used Domino's hoverbinding to bind that key combination to another actionbarbutton and then removed that binding.

The spell works normally - if I have a fishing pole, it casts fishing. If I don't, it casts Repentance.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nomod, equipped:fishing pole] Fishing; [nomod] Repentance
    /equipset [mod:alt] Fishing; [mod:shift] DPS; [mod:ctrl] Tank
    Does anybody have any other ideas? This is becoming rather annoying. I use similar macros on every character I have that does Fishing, and this is the only one having this problem.

I see no reason why this macro isn't working for you. I changed the set names/spells around to fit my own and it works perfectly for me. Are you capitalizing the equipment-set names right? They have to match the set's name exactly.
    Last edited by DesolatedMaggot; 2011-07-29 at 10:51 AM.

Deleted
    /castsequence [stealth] reset=28 Feral Charge(Cat Form), Pounce
    /cast [combat] Ravage

Thank you,

The old macro was able to feral charge when [nostealth] applies.

I guess this is asking to much from one button
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-07-29 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt View Post
    Thank you,

The old macro was able to feral charge when [nostealth] applies.

I guess this is asking to much from one button
    Maybe because the old one said (Cat From), even on wowwiki try:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence [stealth]reset=5 Feral Charge(Cat Form),Pounce;Feral Charge(Cat Form)
    /cast [combat]Ravage

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Deleted
    Hey guys,

My riptide mouseover keybind is't working so i deleted it, can you guys make one that is working, i was using:
    /cast [target=mouseover] Riptide
    But when i use it with my mouse button 5 it doest seems to work. (doest seem to work with any mouseover macro, any ideas how to solve this ?)

Greetins Hemrus
    Last edited by mmocffb391c945; 2011-07-29 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemrus View Post
    Hey guys,

My riptide mouseover keybind is't working so i deleted it, can you guys make one that is working, i was using:
    But when i use it with my mouse button 5 it doest seems to work.

Greetins Hemrus
    This is generally a better format for mouseover macros:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][]Riptide
    However only mouse button 1 and 2 are passed through when clicking on Unitframes in the default UI, you need something like
    Healbot\Clique\Vuhdo to pass extra mouse buttons onto unitframes.

Deleted
    Thank you Lawomous,
    Can you help me with this on aswell,
    Is it possible to have a druid macro for Swiftment,
    If there is a rejuv up and i press the macro he casts swiftmend
    If there aint a rejuv, he first cast rejuv and then swiftmend?
    They are both on global couldown

Thanks in advance,
    Hemrus

Deleted
    Macros cannot check for the presence of buffs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    Maybe because the old one said (Cat From), even on wowwiki try:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence [stealth]reset=5 Feral Charge(Cat Form),Pounce;Feral Charge(Cat Form)
    /cast [combat]Ravage
    Ah, lol how stupid of me not to notice.

This worked splendid.

Thanks alot!

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a way for me to cast tricks of the trade on a random target thats in range for bgs? :|

Hunter misdirect macro

i have been trying to make a macro that will target and cast misdirect on my focus when pressed normal or when holding shift casts it on my pet. i got them working sepratly but wont work when i try to combine them in one macro.

/cast [@ focus] Misdirection

/cast [@ pet] Misdirection

Thats what im using currently but i cant seem to find a way to stick em together. i tried [mod:shift] in it but no luck.
    ​MoBo: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | CPU: Intel 4770k @ 4.5Ghz | GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 4Gb | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB @ 1866Mhz | Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, ADATA SU800 256GB, Hitachi Deskstar 3TB HDD | PSU: SeaSonic X Series 80+ Gold 850W | Cooler: NZXT Kraken x62 | Case: NZXT H510 Elite

Deleted
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift,@pet][@focus]Misdirection

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift,@pet][@focus]Misdirection
    Thanks man. Does exactly what i wanted.
    ​MoBo: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | CPU: Intel 4770k @ 4.5Ghz | GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 4Gb | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB @ 1866Mhz | Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, ADATA SU800 256GB, Hitachi Deskstar 3TB HDD | PSU: SeaSonic X Series 80+ Gold 850W | Cooler: NZXT Kraken x62 | Case: NZXT H510 Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Marlon794 View Post
    Is there a way for me to cast tricks of the trade on a random target thats in range for bgs? :|
    You can probably try this,
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /targetfriend
    /cast Tricks of the Trade
    /targetlasttarget

Hey, trying to get an old macro back working again. Here is what I have:

/cast Shield Wall
    /p Shield Wall up.
    /in 10 /p Shield Wall Failing in 2 sec.
    /in 12 /p Shield Wall Down.

Apparently the /in command doesn't work anymore (I know, its been a while).

I was told there was a way to do this with DBM. I have the following attempt (using different ability so no confusion when discussing these two macros):

/cast Shield Block(Defensive Stance)
    /p Shield Block up.
    /dbm [Shield Block Failing in 2 sec.] [8]
    /dbm [Shield Block down] [10]

I was told the format for DBM is /dbm [txt] [time]. Any help would be appreciated.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok so I have a couple macro requests.

Firstly I'm boomkin and I'm looking for a macro to shift to on left mouse click cat+stampeding roar, then shift back to boomkin with another left mouse click, on right click shift to cat+prowl and back to boomkin again. Not sure if it is possible in one macro, if not then two separate macros would work fine.

Next, I have this macro...
    #showtooltip/stopcasting
    /cast [swimming] Aquatic Form; [indoors] Cat Form; [flyable,nocombat] Swift Flight Form; [combat,outdoors] Travel Form; [nocombat,outdoors,noswimming,noflyable] Winged Guardian;
    /dismount [mounted]
    which seems to work right most of the time, but sometimes after I have exited a building it won't shift me to flight form. Also, in some dungeons the Winged Guardian appears grayed out instead cat form/travel. Just looking for a little help. TY in advance.