Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best Spec for Rogue PvP?

Just started my first rogue and was wondering what was the best spec for pvp for Rogue's for 4.2?
    Tried looking it up but all I could really find were ones for PvE/Raiding.
    So I was wondering if anyone could help me with maybe links to PvP Rogue guides and/or talent builds, or maybe just some advice from your experience.
    Thanks in advance, your help is very much appreciated!

Combat...

no.. wait. Assassination?

Maybe Subtetly

Probably Subtetly since being subtle in pvp is good?

Don't spam, post constructively.
    Last edited by Myrrar; 2011-07-31 at 06:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paigeyotto View Post
    Just started my first rogue and was wondering what was the best spec for pvp for Rogue's for 4.2?
    Tried looking it up but all I could really find were ones for PvE/Raiding.
    So I was wondering if anyone could help me with maybe links to PvP Rogue guides and/or talent builds, or maybe just some advice from your experience.
    Thanks in advance, your help is very much appreciated!
    Sub is really the only way to go if you want to be competitive. There's a good guide on ArenaJunkies.com but I believe it's a bit outdated.
    Big thanks to Shyama for the sig!

Quote Originally Posted by AQrunnr View Post
    Sub is really the only way to go if you want to be competitive. There's a good guide on ArenaJunkies.com but I believe it's a bit outdated.
    Still a start though, right? Thanks, I'll look into it(:

---------- Post added 2011-07-31 at 12:45 AM ----------

Looks like a toss up between 10/0/31 and 8/2/31
    I'm pretty positive I'll be using recuperate pretty often, so which is preferable for the 2 talent points; Quickening or Improved Recuperate?

Still a start though, right? Thanks, I'll look into it(:

---------- Post added 2011-07-31 at 12:45 AM ----------

Looks like a toss up between 10/0/31 and 8/2/31
    I'm pretty positive I'll be using recuperate pretty often, so which is preferable for the 2 talent points; Quickening or Improved Recuperate?
    I logged back onto my laptop just to get you a quick answer.

The difference between the 2 specs in damage vs. survivability. With the former spec being damage, skipping Cheat Death and Imp Recoup. The latter is more survivability oriented - Better used in (R)BGs and with Arena comps where you will get focused a lot. The 10/0/31 spec is used when you can openly attack your target without being trained.

TLR - 8/2/31 w/ Imp Recoup + CD for survivability and less damage. 10/0/31 for more damage and less survivability.

0/10/31 will make you a casters worst nightmare
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/tool/tal...Yejd!bfThlOmoI

And no matter what sub spec you go don't rule out Imp Rec.
    As Sub you can virtually have 100% rec. uptime, giving you 6% less damage all the time, and it matters.

Quote Originally Posted by ordhor View Post
    0/10/31 will make you a casters worst nightmare
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/tool/talent-calculator#cc02!!gjTg!YkSZTQYejd!bfThlOmoI

And no matter what sub spec you go don't rule out Imp Rec.
    As Sub you can virtually have 100% rec. uptime, giving you 6% less damage all the time, and it matters.
    Erm, wrong. That spec isn't even viable... Don't take it.

And yes. You do rule out Imp Recoup in a 10/0/31 spec - Which happens to be one of the only 2 viable specs for Sub right now.

Am I being trolled?

[..]Which happens to be one of the only 2 viable specs for Sub right now[..]
    So you see some forum or w/e saying there's only 2 viable specs for rogue pvp and you just follow it like sheep? How about try out for yourself?
    I've tested loads of talent combos and the one I showed is viable. but ofc, you gotta know how to use it properly.
    pvp isn't about doing most damage like pve, it's about killing your opponents and staying alive.

Am I being trolled?
    You just trolling yourself

Well, as a sub rogue in pvp, what will my rotation be like? (priority abilities, etc)

Well, as a sub rogue in pvp, what will my rotation be like? (priority abilities, etc)
    Depends on what opponent you facing and what he'll do. You cant just stunlock someone to death and not expect some fighting back. And not to mention most of the times you wont be fighting just 1.
    But for openers I mostly stick with garrote for casters (mages can even just blink if you stun them for example) and rest ambush

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no form of rotation in pvp, barely even a priority system. Its about action and reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by ordhor View Post
    Depends on what opponent you facing and what he'll do. You cant just stunlock someone to death and not expect some fighting back. And not to mention most of the times you wont be fighting just 1.
    But for openers I mostly stick with garrote for casters (mages can even just blink if you stun them for example) and rest ambush
    Lol? You can stunlock someone to death? I didn't know we were back in Vanilla...

You just trolling yourself
    It's a dream within a dream.. Inception...

OT: Use that guide on AJ for openers. Otherwise - It's like Holo said.

This is slightly off topic, but is there a mod (or way to integrate into DBM) that flashes a warning when my target uses their PvP trinket? As a rogue, I find it is paramount to work my actions around the trinket. Nothing hurts more than to have my 5 point KS trinketed out of, or a caster immediately trinketing out of my Garrote's silence without me realizing it.

I think Gladius has something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by enojy View Post
    This is slightly off topic, but is there a mod (or way to integrate into DBM) that flashes a warning when my target uses their PvP trinket? As a rogue, I find it is paramount to work my actions around the trinket. Nothing hurts more than to have my 5 point KS trinketed out of, or a caster immediately trinketing out of my Garrote's silence without me realizing it.
    I think Gladius has something like this.
    Exactly. Get the Gladius addon.

humm

Lol? You can stunlock someone to death? I didn't know we were back in Vanilla...

It's a dream within a dream.. Inception...

OT: Use that guide on AJ for openers. Otherwise - It's like Holo said.
    Last I checked he said you "Can'T stunlock to death anymore" If you are gonna jump down peoples throats please read more closely without just getting confrontational....

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    There is no form of rotation in pvp, barely even a priority system. Its about action and reaction.
    Alright thanks(:

---------- Post added 2011-07-31 at 03:11 PM ----------

Exactly. Get the Gladius addon.
    Will do! Any other good addons for rogues?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoonire View Post
    Last I checked he said you "Can'T stunlock to death anymore" If you are gonna jump down peoples throats please read more closely without just getting confrontational....
    My apologies. Misread and that was completely my bad. Long day at work thus far. Jumping down your throat and getting confrontational is a bit excessive though, eh?

Will do! Any other good addons for rogues?
    Quartz to track enemy casts easier as well as GCDs.

Healers have to die for BGs. Very nice addon. Marks enemy healers so you can spot them quicker.

I Interrupted That tells your friends what you just kicked so they know your kick is down for a bit.

PitBullUnitFrames is always nice to clean things up and make it easier to see.

Dominos to move your action bars.

These are just off the top of my head - There are so many more you can use.

First rule in PvP.

There is no rotation.

You do certain abilities depending on your positioning and what cds you have and your opponent.

Quartz to track enemy casts easier as well as GCDs.

Healers have to die for BGs. Very nice addon. Marks enemy healers so you can spot them quicker.

I Interrupted That tells your friends what you just kicked so they know your kick is down for a bit.

PitBullUnitFrames is always nice to clean things up and make it easier to see.

Dominos to move your action bars.

These are just off the top of my head - There are so many more you can use.
    Thanks I'll go install those :]