Page 48 of 94 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    this small fee is just in place so that people wont spam the ah with useless crapitems... get real

Blizzard is dead to me. If they try to apply this bullshit to WoW, which I just know they fucking will at some point, any faith I had left in them will be shot. Fuck everything about this.

Item selling for real money is inevitable, Blizzard can do little to stop it. So they embrace it instead.

Fuck You kotick, and fuck you morhaime.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiroRX View Post
    They're making a profit. They are now officially capitalizing on it. How is this to people's advantage? Are you so eager to give them more money?
    You are blinded by your own "in-game greed" to be "in-game superman" equipped in the best gear possible. Very sorry if I offended you with that statement.

Try to look from the other side. You can sell your own gold or items (RANDOM DROPS!!!) to help mitigate you own "Diablo 3 / Battle.net" or even RL cash issue.

Deleted
    everyone managed to do well without embracing it, and items felt more special =/

Thinking more about this, I'm ok with it but Blizz better step up the security on the battle.net wallet or whatever is used by the player to pay for the AH purchases. As it is, the hackers have systems in place to scam accounts, now some of these accounts will have people's own bank accounts at risk. Now you can not only lose your toon and gear, but your paycheck too. Scary thought.

Reposting my earlier statement.

This looks absolutely sweet. I have no plans of actually using the ingame shop to buy items, but if I do get lucky after a ton of hours of playing, I would be happy knowing I'd earn like five bucks on an item I wouldn't use anyway. Plus, I'm making someone else that really wants the item happy by fair trade. Why the hell would you even bother complaining?

Quote Originally Posted by xile View Post
    I'm actually considering picking up diablo 3 now, if i could transfer the money making skills from WoW over to D3 it would be at least a nice 10 dollars a day for playing a game.
    You, sir, obviously didn't played any of Diablo games before. Goodluck with farming 3 months for 10$ item which farmer companies/groups already put on ah/are keep putting and decreasing it's price. Yeah right...you're going to make 300 bucks per month from diablo just by playing 36(!) hours per day.

let's hope for they keep gold-based auction house competitive to Real-Money based one and I highly doubt they will do otherwise since gold is also part of real-money based ah and if gold is worthless that means less auctions for gold-real money exchange, less money for activi$ion.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2011-08-01 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Great change.This already happened in Diablo 2 but the market was controlled by untrustworthy sites. Blizzard has just taken control of the market and made it official, destroying those sites and providing a legitimate avenue for real money transactions.

Blizzard had 3 options really:
    1. Fight the sites. Send lawyers after them and battle through legal battles just to have another one pop up 10 minutes later.
    2. Ignore them. Just ban people who do it slowly, one by one, if proven.
    3. Control the market themselves.

They picked the smart option. -Very- impressed.
    I would like to quote a very famous man:

The Simpsons" Blood Feud (original title)
    Homer: Marge, you're my wife and I love you very much. But you're living in a world of make-believe. With flowers and bells and leprechauns, and magic frogs with funny little hats.
    Bart: Yeah, Mom. We got hosed!

All the people defending this like "You know you're not forced to use this." make me sad, big time. How can you be such a fool to approve this kind of things in such a nice game..
    The fact that rich guys have advatanges in getting items way more easily than me sure makes me hate it, a lot. I don't care if it's not an MMO or shit like that, I hate giving advantages to rich people, completely ruins the joy of getting items, knowing that some other noobs could just get them by paying, perhaps way earlier, and without effort.
    It does affect who don't want to use it, psychologically. Frustrates me.
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

10+ Year Old Account
    So yeah, I'll see all of you on launch day.

Your paying 60 dollars for the game! most games that have real money attached to them are F2P. If the reason for the real money AH is to soley combat the illegal sites, then why would Blizzard take a cut? The fact of the matter is, Blizzard is using third party illegal sites as an excuse to make money on a game that once you pay 60 dollars for, your almost forced to spend more money on if you want to stay ahead of the curve. Not to mention that when the ladder resets, your money is really wasted. C'mon, honestly im a little worried about the absence of commom sense in a lot of these posts.

I just came up with a great idea. Make an in game Botting service you charge an hourly rate for. Ka-Ching!
    Last edited by headies; 2011-08-01 at 01:07 PM.
    been pimpin since pimpin been pimpin

geez its not that blizzard sells items to you, its players only. and if you trade your item for gold or money totally depends on the players, so everything thats going on in the auction house will be caused by the players themselves... dont like to trade with money? then uhm... dont do it? dont like to buy items rather than finding them? then yeah why caring about the ah anyways? and so on.... yeah i know most people like decisions be forced upon them, but theres also people who dont like that :> who like to have a choice in what they do... and now theres 3 choices! usually you only get 2 :B

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebthet View Post
    The fact that rich guys have advatanges in getting items way more easily than me sure makes me hate it, a lot. I don't care if it's not an MMO or shit like that, I hate giving advantages to rich people, completely ruins the joy of getting items, knowing that some other noobs could just get them by paying, perhaps way earlier, and without effort.
    100% this.

I wonder how many other people decided not to buy this game in the last few minutes?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzinjoe View Post
    Anybody complaining has never played D2. This doesn't ruin "the economy" Diablo doesn't have a real economy to begin with. When I played D2 I bought items through 3rd parties. Hell half the playerbase did. This gives me a safe way to do so. People would have sold D3 items through 3rd parties, if Blizz hadn't implemented this, anyway. This changes nothing aside from it being visible in-game now. Besides if you play a lot you sell stuff, make some money then buy some upgrade you might want. You can pimp out your character without spending so much as one dollar. Stop complaining. Get informed instead of jumping on the QQ bandwagon.
    I'll admit that I haven't played D2, however as far as I know D2 doesn't have any AH to begin with. Because there's no system people make their own system, which inevitably ends up using real-life money. Unlike D2, D3 WILL have an AH, so I would imagine that a lot of people wouldn't bother using real-life currency to get their items, the amount of real-life money trades in D3 would pale in comparison to what is being done now in D2 because people just won't bother as the in-game system will do.
    However, instead of just keeping it like that and have the real-life money trades be a minority compared to the gold trades (similarly to buying gold on WoW and such), they are promoting the real-life money trades. Any valuable item will be put on there for real money rather than gold, just because they're promoting it themselves.

Didn't look too bad until I read this:
    We are also planning to allow players to buy and sell characters in the auction house at some point in the future
    This is just going too far.

I think it will be pretty intresting. Wonder what stuff will be worth. I also wonder how many parents will get "ripped off" by their kids. "I just need your creditcard for the montly fee, just like in WoW mama" =)

I think it's pretty boring. I play games to escape IRL and relax. Now it will get less relaxing since I will have to think about money when I play. Im in my thirties and go a job. So it's not like I cant afford to buy stuff. But a wicked sword might be a couple of beers at the pub or some extra money for my vacation.

It will be intresting and it's most likely the future. You just have to watch all of those bad facebook games. But it bring IRL class and IRL capitalism to gaming. Which is kinda boring in the long run. I will however buy the game and play a bit.

The problem I have with all such game cash = real cash equivalence systems, is that spending any money in game is costing you money out of game.

If I get an epic drop and sell it for 1k gold, I would always be faced with the fact that I could have got £20 for it or whatever, and so have effectively just bought 1k gold for £20.

The idea of a game world/economy and game currencies is that you can squander the resources (as if playing some kind of game) and not feel the consequences in the real world.

I don't really mind people spending real world money on optional in game stuff, that kind of micro transaction p2p stuff is great for developers and time starved gamers and if you don't want to take part then don't. If the 'stuff' becomes mandatory or the currencies trade-able then it is just a bit too close to the wallet.

I'm really not sure I want to play this game anymore, Why on earth would they allow micro transactions like this? slippery slope indeed. EVE's plex for ISK system is one thing, but to straight buy gold and gear? advantage for the rich? yep GTFO BLIZZ