Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    First of all, the name. Pandaria It has the word Panda in it. We all know what a panda is. It's a unique animal, that only lives in China.
    so? what's the problem with that?

How does this fit into WOW universe? Yeah ok they were a sideshow in WC3, but to make them the them for a whole expansion?
    the same way they managed to make several other humanoid+animal races fit in the game. and believe me, we got PLENTY of those. The most absurd is perhaps the racoon+men (Wolvar)

They are basically going to be freaking teddy bears. It's way too cutesy and doesn't fit well within the WOW universe, the more I think about it the more I hate it.
    ohh REALLY? Its blantanly obvious you've never ever EVER seen, or interacted with a real panda before. They may look cute with their wee little sad eyes, but beneath the cute face, they are MEAN MOTHERFUCKERS, very very VERY mean montherfuckers.

I still love them, but believe me when I say it, unless u're shaq DO NOT try to cuddle one if you value your life.

Just because they are pandas, doesn't mean they are cute gummy bears that defeat their enemies with rainbows of sugar and happy faces. Pandas are actually some of the most aggresive mean animals of nature. A big irony really, since despite their sharp claws, and massive sharp fangs and theeth they aren't carnivores (Like the rest of the bears).

Also, point in case: They added a bear-race already (Furbolgs) and are THEY cutesy animals and harmless critters? the many many MANY skeletons surrounding stillpine hold seem to think not.
    I can see it now, everything is going to have a Chinese theme
    and what's so wrong with it? several parts of wow have a theme regarding real-life civilzations. WOTLK had a VERY strong Nord theme, and it was awesome. Uldum has a strong egiptian theme, and it is awesome. China is one of the most facinating cultures in the world, with a very rich story, folklore, and legends. If you haven't really bothered to read some chinese literature like "Journey to the west" or "Romance of the three kingdoms" then please refrain from trying to generalize them as......." cute pot belly teddy bears everywhere.".

/cheers.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

imagine a warlock panda with all that cutiness summoning demons, epic fail

Nothing is official, so lets settle down before we start hating on the poor Pandaren.
    Excited

Which faction would get pandaren? If it's Horde then I want Alliance to get dryads. :P

I can dream can't I?

| Pm Signature Requests Closed. | My work |

I have one thing to say.

WotLK wasn't only about the undead. Not every zone in Northrend was focused around the undead.

Everyone has their own opinion on this but as for me, I will just continue to play WOW but will I roll a Monk or a panda toon? Naw. Feel free to play them if you like.

---------- Post added 2011-08-03 at 03:53 PM ----------

WHOA WHOA WHOA.......

I just realized something.... this Mist expansion if its true, it would be Furry fetish's dream comes true!!!!

A lot of people thought Worgens were going to be fluffy furries, too. Blizzard fashioned them so they're not. They appeal to the furry fandom, but so did Tauren, which were in the game when it was first released. I'm sure they'll fashion the Pandaren so they're not walking teddy bears.

Now we're looking at Pandaren. We don't even know if it'll be a playable race. I doubt it will be. What side would the Pandaren be on? Assuming it's the name of the next expansion, that would mean they're the center of attention, and I highly doubt Blizzard is going to play favorites. The lore would be left out for the half that can't play the race.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

I dislike the fact that they're giving precedence to a stupid race of Pandas over Queen Azshara/the Legion in the expansion name.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
    The whole thing is a big mistake if you ask me.

First of all, the name. Pandaria It has the word Panda in it. We all know what a panda is. It's a unique animal, that only lives in China.

How does this fit into WOW universe? Yeah ok they were a sideshow in WC3, but to make them the them for a whole expansion?

They are basically going to be freaking teddy bears. It's way too cutesy and doesn't fit well within the WOW universe, the more I think about it the more I hate it.

I'd be ok with pandarea being a single zone, and the panda men being an npc faction within that zone (like the tuskarr). But they've named the whole expansion after them.

I can see it now, everything is going to have a Chinese theme, and cute pot belly teddy bears everywhere.

Maybe the 5th expansion will be called the red sands of Australia, with koalas and kangaroos as the new playable races..
    We have the name of the expansion. That's it. Calm down until we get some more info.

---------- Post added 2011-08-03 at 12:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by caninepawprints View Post
    A lot of people thought Worgens were going to be fluffy furries, too. Blizzard fashioned them so they're not. They appeal to the furry fandom, but so did Tauren, which were in the game when it was first released. I'm sure they'll fashion the Pandaren so they're not walking teddy bears.

Now we're looking at Pandaren. We don't even know if it'll be a playable race. I doubt it will be. What side would the Pandaren be on? Assuming it's the name of the next expansion, that would mean they're the center of attention, and I highly doubt Blizzard is going to play favorites. The lore would be left out for the half that can't play the race.
    I would imagine they would be a neutral playable race. You have no idea the kind of rage that would occur if Pandaren got an expansion but didnt become playable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mylune View Post
    Which faction would get pandaren? If it's Horde then I want Alliance to get dryads. :P

I can dream can't I?
    To be honest, I guess they will be neutral (in the beginning) and you will choose if you want to be Horde or Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream101 View Post
    I LoL at that Cata has been so bad comparied to BC and WoTLK in all aspects of the game.
    Ummm...no. Especially on the wotlk point.

I'm not sure what the problem is, but I doubt it will be a playable race.

Quote Originally Posted by ArreatSR View Post
    could easily be a book
    nope, the trademark specifically says its software, complete with box, manuals, and the whole package. PLus the international code used is for online games.

this is a game, and its an ONLINE game. Since Titan is a new IP (Intellectual Property, so its not warcraft, or starcraft, or diablo) and blizz hasn't announced any other online game, this has to be an expansion.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Quote Originally Posted by Ap0calypse View Post
    Naxx has more bosses and loot than BWD + BOT Combined. Blizzard got lazy in Cataclysm, they only want our money now and are putting in just enough effort to keep us entertained untill D3/Titan comes out. All their good developers went over to Titan, blues telling us otherwise is BS, the proof is in the game quality which has hit an all time low.

Because 90% of the first tier content in LK was recycled, they clearly put more effort to make the raid complicated with awesome mechanics and hard encounters. /sarcasm

10+ Year Old Account
    all i got say is this.

a) those who say will quit WoW if Panderen will be a race...Good! Your QQ/Bichin is not welcome anyways...you wont be missed trust us
    b) Pandas are NOT bears...they are in the same family as Koalas...u know marsupials? Learn your animals b4 u compare panda to a teddy bear
    c) Those who have anything to say negative about an epic Panderen race shall face the wrath of Pandemonium!!!
    d) there is laughter in Manslaughter but its no laughing matter is it? so your Panda in Pandaria point is moot
    e) too cutesy? Female gnomes with pink hair say hello
    f) Furbolgs/Centaurs were in WC3 and they don't have an faction/lore dedicated to them right? so why would panderen would?...oh wait
    g) You dont know if this is related to wow-expac or the titan project blizz has and already you are Raging/QQing...really?
    h) Last but not least im going to go reserve Sxualhrsmntpnda name just in case =P

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Everyone saying pandas are too cute and cuddly for World of Warcraft need to get a grip for several reasons.

First, pandas are in fact bears, and are in fact very very capable of mauling the crap out of you if you piss them off.

Second, there is far goofier BS in WoW than a race of anthropomorphic panda.

For example what? Pandas have few traces in whole WC universe. Few bonus heroes in campaign which have nothing to do with the lore, and 1 quest in wow which used to have Chen's empty keg in it

Unfortunately I have no idea who actually created this since I just got it off a very old mmo-champion thread (http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ciation-thread), but Pandaren aren't necessarily cutesy in any way. Like the relationship between Cows and Tauren, the art for Pandaren can make pandas look quite fierce.

Pandaren also aren't necessarily playable or even visible in the game. For all we know, during the Cataclysm, the Pandaren race got wiped out and some new evil took it's place on Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Klahkeme View Post
    Unfortunately I have no idea who actually created this since I just got it off a very old mmo-champion thread (http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ciation-thread), but Pandaren aren't necessarily cutesy in any way. Like the relationship between Cows and Tauren, the art for Pandaren can make pandas look quite fierce.

Pandaren also aren't necessarily playable or even visible in the game. For all we know, during the Cataclysm, the Pandaren race got wiped out and some new evil took it's place on Pandaria

Give us source or GTFO.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahcake View Post
    Give us source or GTFO.
    He doesn't need to provide a source because he wasn't making a claim, he said "For all we know", which shows that it is just an idea.