Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Lesson? I suggested you weren't very observant in college to not notice how immature people are. Also, your actually going to go out in the hallway walk to the RA's room past all the people doing the shit and not expect to get your ass beat later? Lol, your special.
    It's "you're", by the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smashzu View Post
    Nerf guns don't even look like real guns.
    Wow i wasnt sure what a nerfgun was (was picturing a airsoft or something) but that's a Nerfgun? Wow... getting arrested for that is just messed up.
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralamus View Post
    nobody respects cops except 80 year old senior citizens who like to complain to them when someone is setting off fireworks on the 4th of july.
    and 99% of cops don't deserve an ounce of respect. they're a complete joke, nothing but meter-maids and losers trying to make themselves feel better after whatever long, sad life they've lived.

Sigh heres my 2 cents....

Honestly, im seriously concerned about the overall lack of maturity in this thread, and VERY worried about the lack of adult behavior coming from college kids overall now adays.

1. Campus police are just doing their jobs. If you weren't breaking the rules (which are there for a reason) you wouldn't have anything to worry about. Why some on this thread expect to be able to do whatever they want with no consquences for there action is not what I would expect from grown adults in a academic enviroment. Most calls to the campus police come from noise complaints, and disorderly conduct. Not everyone wants to hear your music, or listen to your firends get drunk and vomit.

2. Your shooting nerf guns around your dorms, not exactly murder, but still in violation of the established rules. firearms of any sort are typically frowned upon on school campuses (zero tolerance) I don't exactly agree with the way the rule was enforced in this instance, but honestly what did you expect the campus security to do?

I'm sure im generalizing here (please forgive me) but it seems that everytime I see college kids around town (Manhattan KS) they are acting like a bunch of 16 year olds whose parents have gone on vacation for a month. Where is the mature behavior that is expected from adults enrolled in a academic institution? Is this everywhere or am I just seeing them at there worst?

I've been in the Army for the last 8 years, and i look forward to getting out and going back to school. I pray I will have the paitence to deal with some of the childish behavior that I see going on daily.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^ agreed, but still getting arrested for playing with nerf guns is a bit much :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mulled View Post
    ^ agreed, but still getting arrested for playing with nerf guns is a bit much :P
    thanks Mulled I was half expecting to hear the "herp, your in the army, go kill someone facist derp"

I understand that at that age people tend to over indulge while having fun, but there is a time and a place for everything. I agree that being arrested is a bit much, I have a feeling that some of the story may be left out (how many times has the op been in trouble already) not saying that this is nessesarily the case, but i do furl my eyebrows at this one a bit.

I can't even go out to a bar in town on the weekends here without some chode trying to start a fight or just acting like a general douche the second they get some alcohol in them.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    1. Campus police are just doing their jobs. If you weren't breaking the rules (which are there for a reason) you wouldn't have anything to worry about. Why some on this thread expect to be able to do whatever they want with no consquences for there action is not what I would expect from grown adults in a academic enviroment. Most calls to the campus police come from noise complaints, and disorderly conduct. Not everyone wants to hear your music, or listen to your firends get drunk and vomit.
    So I take it you're authoritarian? Nazis like you make me sick.

User was infracted for this post.

2. Your shooting nerf guns around your dorms, not exactly murder, but still in violation of the established rules. firearms of any sort are typically frowned upon on school campuses (zero tolerance) I don't exactly agree with the way the rule was enforced in this instance, but honestly what did you expect the campus security to do?
    In a sane world: nothing.

I'm sure im generalizing here (please forgive me) but it seems that everytime I see college kids around town (Manhattan KS) they are acting like a bunch of 16 year olds whose parents have gone on vacation for a month. Where is the mature behavior that is expected from adults enrolled in a academic institution? Is this everywhere or am I just seeing them at there worst?
    What the hell is wrong with having fun? What, did you get fun sucked out of your brain or something?

I've been in the Army for the last 8 years
    Oh, that explains it. Go take life way too seriously somewhere else, please.
    Last edited by mmoc0fc091fcb6; 2011-08-05 at 05:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wild thornberries lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    So I take it you're authoritarian? Nazis like you make me sick.

In a sane world: nothing.

What the hell is wrong with having fun? What, did you get fun sucked out of your brain or something?

Oh, that explains it. Go take life way too seriously somewhere else, please.

LOL, i knew one would come out.

1. Not paticularly I just expect people to respect one another. Like I said before, there is a time and a place for everything. You wanna shoot nerf guns, fine go do it somewhere people aren't living. Have respect for another students living in the dorms and actually trying to recieve a higher education. Expecting people living in a building with others to respect others is not authoritarian, its mature. Don't want a run in with campus police, don't be a selfish jerk.

2. I agree, I do not think being arrested was nessesarily the right answer but the OP has a responcibility to know the rules of where they reside. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

3. Nothing at all wrong with having fun, but subjecting other people to your douchery just because you can't control your liquor doesn't make me a killjoy, it just makes you a jackass. Of course as i stated I was also generalizing, basing my generalizations off observed behavior.

4. I take life seriously where it is nessesary, and have fun when I can. Guess I'm just disappointed when I see the future civilian leadership in my country acting like a bunch of drunk 14 year olds. I'm sure its not always the case, but damn if it doesn't seem like it everywhere I go in this town.

Plz take your backwards hat wearing, sandal sporting, non-liquor handling immature personage somewhere else, please. (sarcasim FTW :P )

Deleted
    Wow, you Americans have real issues with guns. Perhaps if you didn't let everybody have them you wouldn't be so paranoid. I never thought I'd see a nerf gun called a firearm.

Depending on what time you were messing around they may or may not have a case. Causing a disturbance at 2am is probably against campus rules, 8pm? Yeah, they're just being jobsworths. I'm also pretty amazed by this whole "campus security" crap. I remember living in halls and we had a BB gun to shoot passers-by. We also had a megaphone for heckling. Nobody said a word.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hilarious considering at my school every semester there is a campus wide game of Humans vs. Zombies with over hundred people running around for a week with nerf guns.

15+ Year Old Account
    get there and take back your toys.

Honestly, im seriously concerned about the overall lack of maturity in this thread, and VERY worried about the lack of adult behavior coming from college kids overall now adays.

I've been in the Army for the last 8 years, and i look forward to getting out and going back to school. I pray I will have the paitence to deal with some of the childish behavior that I see going on daily.
    Well I pray that I can shoot you with a nerf gun in the future. Just my two cents. God forbid anyone having fun nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Khazard View Post
    Well I pray that I can shoot you with a nerf gun in the future. Just my two cents. God forbid anyone having fun nowadays.
    Geezz.....

Bud its not about whether or not its fun. The overall point I was trying tomake was that:

1. Theres a time and a place for everything, the OP is not the only person living in the building. Did the OP stop and think for a second about the right of the others living in the building to study and live in relative calm? I understand how young adults (i'm only 29 BTW) want to have fun and stuff can get out of hand. It just doesn't seem to me that alot of college age adults really think about the consquences of their actions, or the effects there actions may have on others.

2. I don't understand the animousity some have for campus security. They do not just show up randomly for no reason to harrass people. They are typically responding to complaints of some sort or another I.E. noise, public drunkeness etc etc. Instead of being so pissed at the people enforcing the law, why not just try and not break the law to begin with?

I love to have fun as much as the next person. I just do so without disturbing the persons next to me, or acting like a general douche in public.

Absolutely nothing.

Firearms have a very specific definition. The are a weapon that ignites gunpowder to propel a projectile.

Nerf guns don't use gun powder, they are not firearms, they are toys.

I could understand their beef with ASG weapons being used but Nerf? Seriously? How lame.

10+ Year Old Account
    you got into trouble because you were playing with nerf guns? As in the toy?

/facepalm
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like you got...
    /sunglasses
    ... nerfed!

YYYYEEEEEHHHHHAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy crap, we're talking about a freaking toy here!!
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

arent nerf weapons the plastic weapons that can not even push a glas of water of the table?
    i mean you can through a ball much harder than this weapon can shot there softprojektils
    thats soooo...