Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yeesh....900K subs lost in less than a year?!? You can try and defend blizz all you want, but that a shiton of subs! Wonder how long before they start to close/merge servers.

Well if we only have the seven firelands bosses untill Nov, Dec, lots more will jump ship. Makes me wonder where the 2.5 billion pounds a year goes when it comes to content. Trion are PUMPING out content like no tomorrow, while it looks like Blizzard are on for another 5-6 month gap.

Quote Originally Posted by atrixx View Post
    I am willing to bet, historically, WOW hasn't seen a massive subscriber shift during the conclusion of the school year. Some, but not 600K worth. I would expect a dip in the summer however, but it is going to be tough for them to get people back in the fall with competition ramping up from TOR. It is probably going to be flat to negative growth for the next 12 months until the Xpac rolls out.
    They actually have always had noticeable drops in summer. Either people don't play or they burn out. With the return of the school year they can't play half as much and it therefore more appreciated. I'm guilty of this last year, but I did come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    Notsureifsrs.jpg
    lol your reply made me laugh for real. Something about the "not sure if serious" replies always make me laugh. But yes I was a little serious. Just saying there are other factors (maybe not the kind I exampled) that people leave. Im sure not everybody was like "grabble grabble this game sucks, im leaving"

*Maybe hard to tell but not being sarcastic

tbh i compleatly board atm i cant find a job to keep me preocoupied all the ppl in my area are half my age and i dont drive so i cant go out any where when i want to realy, 2 buss services 1 hr is crap not to mention i got hayfeaver

so im left with wow that may be boaring as hell since during the summer no1 wants to raid im lucky to even have 2/4 of our firelands raids going ahead, but i dont wana quit coz after the summer things are bck to normal and ill be enjoying my self and dont get me started on the zul agains

as for 4.3 im hoping for at least 2 raid with between 5 and 8 bosses each 3 5 mans with say 4-6 bosses each and they are all in 1 cycle with a hidden ilv req like in woltk so we dont get sice of then so we can keep up

that way every1 has viarity

now im not much of a pvper but an additional bg would be nice

i know i said im not much of a pvpr but this deathmatch idear thats been thrown around sounds like a good idear

as for the 300k sub loss like me there proberly board of thee game but unlike me thay got other stuff to fill their time

good job on the near $2 bilion raised for the japan relief

sorry for the wall o' text
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2011-08-04 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goranhir The Furious View Post
    I got nothing against the game, or Blizzard, or normal players, but for some reason I like seeing butthurt idiots in denial yelling 'no it's not dying 900 000 players lost is NOTHING, NOTHING arrrrrghhhh!' It's like they can't stand people saying that 'players are leaving the game you like muahahahhaha' and they go into some sick rage making excuses why are players leaving lol. Hope another 3 million go away just to see more irrational nerd-rage on the forums, it's delicious!
    You take joy in wanting to see a game die? Wow that just proves how much better you are then everyone else (sarcastic face)

Quote Originally Posted by Tidycat View Post
    lol your reply made me laugh for real. Something about the "not sure if serious" replies always make me laugh. But yes I was a little serious. Just saying there are other factors (maybe not the kind I exampled) that people leave. Im sure not everybody was like "grabble grabble this game sucks, im leaving"

*Maybe hard to tell but not being sarcastic
    Q2 is not summer, Q3 is summer.

Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    How can the 4.2 resubs be included in the Q2 report if 4.2 was released in Q3?

Keep in mind they also announced releasing content patches more frequently just before releasing 4.1, so we really have nothing yet to seriously judge them on for this announcement as we have yet to see the next major patch after 4.2. So far they're keeping their word, by releasing a 5 man and then a raid shortly afterward while typically having only done that every 6 months before.

4.2 has been out for 5 weeks now and you expect a 4.3 announcement already? Some of you have seriously flawed expectations of what they should be able to accomplish.
    The didn't release "a raid shortly afterward", they actually delayed the release of Firelands and put out 4.1 as a quick measure to keep people amused. Firelands came out 6 months and 3 weeks after the release of cataclysm, so by your own statement of "every 6 months" they actually did fall behind. Whether or not a trend will show up or not is anyone's guess at this point, but you can't say that they have kept their word at all so far either.

not surprised at all. i for one quit the game after they pulled that stunt by adding a higher ilvl honor gear a week after release. Wouldn't be surprised if more did to, they shure wasted my time enough to make me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by IfOnly View Post
    You take joy in wanting to see a game die? Wow that just proves how much better you are then everyone else (sarcastic face)
    WoW dying and no one can stop this except Blizzard... WoW needs whole new gameplay design to bring back the players who they lost... But this will never happen... Just wait Guild Wars 2, StarWars The Old Republic or Tera or TITAN or Diablo 3.... Everything has got to an end....

ONLY I CAN LIVE FOREVER!
    Last edited by el3mentz; 2011-08-04 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beyond2 View Post
    I'll go ahead and throw in one last reply to all the people telling me to "suck it up and raid if you want your tier gear" No. I'd rather unsub than be forced to do things I don't enjoy. That sub money can go to another game like League of Legends or something else. I'll say it again, clearer this time: I will not be forced by a GAME that required a MONTHLY FEE to do something I DO NOT FIND FUN to enjoy said game. Its a waste of money. And its funny, because you can argue your "tier should be raiders only derp derp" point on the forums all you want. I've spoken with my wallet. So have nearly a million others. Guess what blizzard is going to listen to? I'll give you a hint: It isn't the people on the forums, its the people who stopped paying. "YOU SHOULD HAVE TO WORK FOR IT YOU ENTITLED BLAH BLAH BLAH RAGE" Yes. I should. I had to work for my tier 9/10 in WotLK. It took me three months of grinding heroics to finish my sets. That's work. Sorry if you don't agree, but it is. That system worked, that system kept me playing. I do not give two fucks if you think I'm acting entitled. I'm a paying customer. Blizzard can either cater to me, and get my subscription fee, or they can ignore me, and i'll spend my money elsewhere. And no, this HAS worked in the past, it was called WotLK. I subbed through most of WotLK from the end of ulduar on. The system for tier worked from ToC onward - I had a gear set to obtain. I had a goal I could reach. This continued through ICC. If you wanted your vanity gear, you got it doing 25m raids, getting tokens, and what not.
    Notice how many times he uses "I", yep we know what your all about, bud.

Quote Originally Posted by kindbuddy View Post
    Notice how many times he uses "I", yep we know what your all about, bud.
    This is the best reply you can come up with to a completely logical, supported, and valid argument? Why don't you go have a seat over there, away from your computer. You sound like you could use a break.

2am GMT... yeeeeah... not going to stay up for documentary about people who raid this amazingly "hard" pve content and cry about failures... Even authors don't believe in it since they know they have to give something away for people to bother to watch...

Wow is dying and I'm certainly not crying.sad about the game itself but the moral wasteland of players can rot.

Not surprising. Cata is by far the worst expansion ever released. Between the class changes, i.e. paladins, and the new crap, linear content, they have pretty much destroyed the game. The only thing that will save it now is another complete overhaul.

Well guys let's admit it; Wow has passed its prime. >_>

Honestly I'd be concerned if WoW wasn't losing subscriptions at this point. The game is 7 years old. It's certainly not 'dying', but it's definitely slowing down. What's more concerning is the industry hasn't pulled out another truly competitive MMO in all this time. Rift came close, but the handling of it was utter garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowrin View Post
    I really dont think it is all that surprising. If you look at it, Wotlk statistically was the best time in wow, when the subscriber population peaked at around 12 mill. Something in wotlk raised the player "population cap" of wow. That said, cataclysm was suppose to bring back a burning crusade / vanilla feel to the game. By the looks of it, the game is easing back into Burning crusade / pre-early wotlk levels.
    I think this is pretty much correct. It's almost as if Blizzard listened to the more 'elite' players and tried to make things harder and burned the more 'casual' players so they're quitting.

You can mock WOW for being too easy all you want, but easy does bring subs. So if your opinion of a game is based on how many subs it has, you have to also consider what that means for it's relative difficulty level.

Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    Wow is dying and I'm certainly not crying.sad about the game itself but the moral wasteland of players can rot.
    While I don't think wow is "dying", you do have to ask yourself: If wow is losing subs this fast when the competition is low (with only RIFT), What will it be like when the BIG GUNS are launched? I think GW2 and SWTOR will take a huge slice of the WoW pie, unless they pull something amazing and fresh out of the bag.

That being said, investors don't care how many subs wow has, only how much money they are making. If wow is making them money .. everything is seen as fine and dandy.

The game has gotten tired, boring, and either restrictive or too easy (depending on your guild or raid group).. Blizzard has made it clear that they have no intentions of further innovating WoW and are actually trying to streamline a lot of the game play to be even more simple.. You can't put in raid content that even mediocre guilds can clear in the first week and then expect them to want to farm it for 6 months.. There are many MANY guilds that don't have any interest in the frustration of heroic mode raiding.