Poll: Who would win in a fight?

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kckttk View Post
    you guys are forgetting the fact that ali is was used to taking blows and punches.
    im sure they he could beat Lee.

all guys saying Lee is fast yeah he was but so was Ali, im sure it would take more time taking Ali down then Ali taking Lee down

you guys are also forgetting some things about Ali
    his height he was 6"3
    and his reach is like 2 meters which is even longer then Lee himself

and taking in Alis weight when measuring the strength of his punches im sure there is even a chance of him being stronger then Lee
    Ali was also an amazing athlete.
    As I said, Ali has more mass than Lee, but Lee has way more speed. Having that extra speed counts as much towards how hard a blow hits than mass does, maybe even moreso. As others have said, Lee could kick a 300lb heavy bag into the ceiling while standing stationary. I bet Ali doesn't even come close to that. Which means that Lee's hits way harder, all due to his speed. Which is also why he could do a 1 inch punch. It can't be denied that Lee just had way more force behind his attacks. Some of the things he did scientists still don't understand.

Also, Ali has a lot of trouble even hitting Lee because of his speed. His incredible speed is both offensive as defensive.
    I'm inclined to say that anyone who votes Ali just doesn't know enough about physics or Bruce Lee's achievements.
    Last edited by mmoceb1605b3cd; 2011-08-03 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    As I said, Ali has more mass than Lee, but Lee has way more speed. Having that extra speed counts as much towards how hard a blow hits than mass does, maybe even moreso. As others have said, Lee could kick a 300lb heavy bag into the ceiling while standing stationary. I bet Ali doesn't even come close to that. Which means that Lee's hits way harder, all due to his speed. Which is also why he could do a 1 inch punch. It can't be denied that Lee just had way more force behind his attacks. Some of the things he did scientists still don't understand.

Also, Ali has a lot of trouble even hitting Lee because of his speed. His incredible speed is both offensive as defensive.
    I'm inclined to say that anyone who votes Ali just doesn't know enough about physics or Bruce Lee's achievements.
    I think you need to stop watching so many movies if you think Ali isn't stronger then Bruce Lee. And speed is nice but Ali got much more reach besides the fact that he has very desent speed. He could keep Bruce in jab range all day and I am sure bruce doesn't want it to be a fistfight.
    Bruce can dot he one inch punch but ali's jab would then already be at the other end of his head. Also, the lenght difference between Ali and Lee will make it hard for him to hit him in the face. Out of 10 fights bruce might win 1 in this way.
    I only seen the small guy really be dominant once and that was kaennorsing vs mighty moe. Mighty moe is definatly no Ali in boxing while Kaennorsing would definatly be dominant in a kickboxing match with bruce.

Bruce has a good chance of winning if he floors Ali since Ali doesn't have any ground techniques. Also a chance of winning by attacking the legs continuesly.

Anybody who thinks bruce would win by some crazy technique is just silly. Do you think Ali is not protecting the weaker spots on his body? Do you think Ali cannot give a kidney or livershot to Bruce?

A high school wrestler would beat them both if there was ground game.

Deleted
    This is getting silly.

I see one way that Bruce Lee could pulls this off: If Ali was restricted to gloves-on, boxing only and Lee was allowed to go full blow kung fu monkey on his ass. Then, maaaybe. Just maybe.

Bare-knuckle, anything-goes brawling? Bruce would be a stain on the floor.

Ali has reach, power and certainly isn't slow. One centered bare knuckle hook from a heavy weight world champ will certainly leave him more than dazed and confused - while Ali is used to getting hit by guys who are much bigger than Bruce.
    Bruce Lee was gifted and definitely a hard ass, but made of the same flesh and blood as everyone else.

Really.. why do you think there any fighting sport has weight classes to begin with? Due to the simple fact that bigger people have an unfair advantage over smaller people.

if you have no idea how to use any body part other than your fists, you are going to lose to someone like bruce lee. His speed is unparalelled, he would keep you out of distance to get any decent punches, and if a boxer was to grapple with him for a second, he would be fucked. Plus, lets remember, bruce lee was fascinated with street fighting more than anything else, street fighting aka, the most effective real life fighting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bruce Lee would win, I'm only about 70% sure though. Ali would have far more stopping power and be able to take punches better. Both were good at defense and counter attacking but Bruce Lee's sheer arsenal of attacks would eventually overwhelm.

Would be a good fight for sure but would much rather see Bruce Lee Vs. Jackie Chan, both in their prime of course.

Deleted
    Come on guys I know you all love Bruce but lets be realistic here, goggles of wishful thinking off, it might be close but no sorry if you really think Bruce would wipe the floor with Ali you know nothing of how a fight would go, MMA or pure boxing Ali would win; and don't think that's to Bruce's detriment he would put up a very good fight; better than anyone else his size or weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Astarte View Post
    Come on guys I know you all love Bruce but lets be realistic here, goggles of wishful thinking off, it might be close but no sorry if you really think Bruce would wipe the floor with Ali you know nothing of how a fight would go, MMA or pure boxing Ali would win; and don't think that's to Bruce's detriment he would put up a very good fight; better than anyone else his size or weight.
    Please explain how a boxer who only knows one style of fighting, and would only expect or be prepared for one style of fighting would match up to someone with the skills of Bruce Lee?

I only see extreme amounts of ignorance from people believing Ali would win.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Monkey View Post
    Please explain how a boxer who only knows one style of fighting, and would only expect or be prepared for one style of fighting would match up to someone with the skills of Bruce Lee?

I only see extreme amounts of ignorance from people believing Ali would win.
    from experience first hand of Karate, judo, Vale tudo, boxing and jiu-jitsu. The ignorance is on your part but I wouldn't expect anything less from you

hahahaha

dude punches like a gnat... the odds of him doing any damage to Ali is so small it's beyond funny.. one jab from Ali would of broken Bruce in half..

It's like the incredible hulk, fighting a 5 year old girl..

Why do you people think weight classes even exist..

Deleted
    1. That was probably a video when he was like ... 16 years.
    2. Bruce masters a variety of fighting styles while Ali has but 1.

Let's see Ali dodge kicks like that.

Deleted
    I would like to see either take on "Dr. Steelhammer" :P

Deleted
    Lee... Obviously.

this sums it up I think
    A man chooses, a Slave obeys. OBEY! - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

well i think you need to sit back and look at what we really dealing with. you have Ali who was def one of the greatest boxers who ever lived. how ever he was a ring fighter boxing had rules and limitations. as where bruce lee and his art was no rules and you did what ever it took to stop your enemy. so it really depends on the kinda fight we having here, yes if you was to put lee in a boxing ring with the same rules Ali would have it, but you put Ali in the street different story. same thing goes for this mma and the shit you see in ufc. mma is made for the ring plain and simple it is a sport. i once talked to a marine combat instructor and he said put him i the cage with chuck liddle or who ever they gonna kick his ass, but take that mma fighter and put them into a marines world the marine gonna kill them.
    either way this fight can never happen all we can do is tell what we think, but at the end of it all both of these men are by far 2 of the best fighters the world has ever known and they both have done alot for the styles that they practiced.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    1. That was probably a video when he was like ... 16 years.
    2. Bruce masters a variety of fighting styles while Ali has but 1.

Let's see Ali dodge kicks like that.
    Theres no power behind that kick plus in the stance he is standing he would get punished bad.

---------- Post added 2011-08-05 at 12:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelkyri View Post

this sums it up I think
    Thats a movie not an actual fight.

Quote Originally Posted by HoX View Post
    I'm quite suprised Bruce is winning this one.
    Then you are an idiot.

Ali would only stand a chance if it was boxing rules.

Deleted

Bruce lee's words, and I know your going to think of some excuse why it's wrong; but Bruce said this himself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolson13 View Post
    Theres no power behind that kick plus in the stance he is standing he would get punished bad.

---------- Post added 2011-08-05 at 12:37 PM ----------

Thats a movie not an actual fight.
    Why on earth would he break this guys leg when it isn't even an actual fight?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Astarte View Post
    Exactly this. If you think bruce would win, you most likely base your knowledge on fighting on kung fu movies where they can run on rain drops and karate chop through 2x4s by the dozen.

It doesn't work like this. Real life is not a hollywood movie where you can take repeated fists to the face and just carry on. In real life noses crumble, teeth get knocked loose and jaws break. A well directed punch from your average joe will shatter your jaw, upper and lower, and leave you spitting teeth with a concussion - Imagine the assault of punches from a world champion boxer, with no gloves and no mouth guard and no rules. You, me, bruce or anyone at all will not be standing for more than a couple of seconds, and there is a very real possibility that the person would be dead or at the very least unconscious.

And also, size matters. In fights, size matters A LOT. Why else are there weight divisions in fighting sports? Why dont men fight women and seniors fight juniors. Due to the plain and painstakingly obvious fact that size and strength > skill alone.

Yes, Bruce Lee might win if Ali is restricted by silly rules. But then it's not really a fight. I can also beat up a grizzly bear if its just tied up and gagged.

It's actually a little bit frustrating that people just refuse to understand it.