Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How much spirit do you run with in raids (Disc)?

As the title says, how much spirit / mana regen do you have, and what content are you working on? I'm curious to see what other Disc Priests are running with at this time.

I'm running with about ~2650-2700 raw spirit in 10m FL. I currently have my 2set and I have been using my Tsunami Card and Alchemist Stone for the longest time (didn't use my normal Eye of Blazing Power when I got it), since the spirit on the card is awesome and the raw stats on the stone is also awesome. I've just picked up the heroic Eye of Blazing Power and haven't exactly decided which trinket I'll be swapping out yet (do I want more haste + int with the stone, or more spirit with tsunami). None of the normal encounters push my mana any longer, but I do worry about how my mana will hold up in heroic encounters (I'm currently 3/7HM, I'm worried specifically for Beth'tilac and Majordomo atm).

2/7HM.

Running 1900 spirit~ 22% haste, and 20% crit. Working out great, 0 mana issues on any fights.

15+ Year Old Account
    Intellect regen ftw, hu?

Deleted
    im running with about 2300 .. was 2650 spi but i decided to drop some to see how it worked ... so far after several fl trash runs its not bad , With rapture timed properly i think i can afford to go lower . Allthou would like to know are u guys going haste or full mastery or mix , atm im around 1340 hst and 15 mastery and 12 % crit trying for a mix

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...emara/advanced

Deleted
    1800 spirit + DMC:T (25man 1/7 HM, 136k mana buffed, haste>crit>mst)

I got rid of all excess spirit on my paladin for Firelands and regemmed pure intellect. I have 3250 OOC (Out Of Combat) regen unbuffed and nearly 3K in combat I believe (Need to look again). I have no issues healing and don't ever go OOM except for intensive fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Reakash View Post
    I got rid of all excess spirit on my paladin for Firelands and regemmed pure intellect. I have 3250 OOC (Out Of Combat) regen unbuffed and nearly 3K in combat I believe (Need to look again). I have no issues healing and don't ever go OOM except for intensive fights.
    This... is the priest forums.

I run with about 2100 spirit atm only fight i have problems with is baleroc, coz i just panic heal so much that its silly

Stood in the Fire MeleeSpriestDK's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The more spirit the better but never sacrafice int for it. IE use static int trinks. More regen where ever you get it = more heals end of story. There is no reason to not get as much int>spr u can get all other stats take 3rd rank.

Gamers never Die

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MeleeSpriestDK View Post
    The more spirit the better but never sacrafice int for it. IE use static int trinks. More regen where ever you get it = more heals end of story. There is no reason to not get as much int>spr u can get all other stats take 3rd rank.
    At higher Int levels this rule doesn't always apply. When you can finish a progression fight with mana to spare, it could be time to reforge out of Spirit for a better throughput stat.

Deleted
    6/7 10m hc

2957 spirit as human.

Not sure how people are getting away with these sub 2500 spirit numbers. I'm struggling a bit with beth, baleroc, domo (only killed once) and lord rhy (though lately we've been having good kills with little healing required). But then again I should probably run with imp shadowfiend talent tbh.

Alysrazor and Shannox don't really require spirit from my experince, but they are really not "healing intensive" fights.

I have been thinking about dropping socket bonus' but i'm still a bit unsure wether 1 int is really better than 2 spirit.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2011-08-05 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmesiah View Post
    im running with about 2300 .. was 2650 spi but i decided to drop some to see how it worked ... so far after several fl trash runs its not bad , With rapture timed properly i think i can afford to go lower . Allthou would like to know are u guys going haste or full mastery or mix , atm im around 1340 hst and 15 mastery and 12 % crit trying for a mix

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...emara/advanced
    I've been stacking more Haste over Mastery, with my stats currently at 2058 Haste, 11.86 Mastery, 13.16% Crit. I prefer to get my heals off faster in Firelands since there tends to get a lot of heavy damage going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    6/7 10m hc

2957 spirit as human.

Not sure how people are getting away with these sub 2500 spirit numbers. I'm struggling a bit with beth, baleroc, domo (only killed once) and lord rhy (though lately we've been having good kills with little healing required). But then again I should probably run with imp shadowfiend talent tbh.

Alysrazor and Shannox don't really require spirit from my experince, but they are really not "healing intensive" fights.

I have been thinking about dropping socket bonus' but i'm still a bit unsure wether 1 int is really better than 2 spirit.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this way! I have not killed H Beth, Baleroc, or Domo yet (for Rhyo I go Shadow, so I can't speak for 2 healing it), though we've thrown a fair number of attempts into Beth, but the healing required for these fights do frighten me mana wise. I don't think I'd be willing to drop under 2500 spirit on progression fights despite what others say they're running with.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellumina View Post
    I've been stacking more Haste over Mastery, with my stats currently at 2058 Haste, 11.86 Mastery, 13.16% Crit. I prefer to get my heals off faster in Firelands since there tends to get a lot of heavy damage going on.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this way! I have not killed H Beth, Baleroc, or Domo yet (for Rhyo I go Shadow, so I can't speak for 2 healing it), though we've thrown a fair number of attempts into Beth, but the healing required for these fights do frighten me mana wise. I don't think I'd be willing to drop under 2500 spirit on progression fights despite what others say they're running with.
    I think it really depends on how vigilant you are with keeping rapture on CD. For example 3 healing Rhyolith i was able to pull 17.5~k healing per second, ending the fight with extremely high mana. In recount, my mana gained over the course of the fight sat at around 300k.

I should note, i typically run inner will in very mana intensive encounters. Also; i run both rep intellect on use trinkets in order to maximize mana gains.

Deleted
    running with 2177 spi + dmct (2577) + T12 2P and 132k mana raidbuffed. Usually i've about 30-80k mana left after the fight finishes. I've to mention I run with nearly no haste on my gear (2000 mst, 1000crit) and i cant complain about ineffective or to slow healing

Deleted
    13/13
    1/7hc
    25man guild.

running a haste stacking, non AA/A disc build. no set bonus (main spec shadow, but really i spend my time half and half between specs).
    ~2.8k with tsunami stack
    about 145k mana fully buffed (before engi gloves + PT)

lol. Thanks for the correction.
    Last edited by gigglepants; 2011-08-07 at 03:21 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gigglepants View Post
    The 2 set bonus scales directly with the amount of mana you have. Now its just 2% of your total mana every 5 sec ontop of what combat regen you have. As a result, Int is even more powerful a stat for regen than it was in 4.1 per the 2 set bonus. I'm Approx 130k mana, 2560 spirit with 2720/5sec combat regen. The t12 2set bonus, with my total mana, provides an additional 2600/5sec combat regen.
    All of this is 100% wrong because it's your base mana, not actual mana. They're completely different.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Posix View Post
    All of this is 100% wrong because it's your base mana, not actual mana. They're completely different.
    That is true.

The 2set is however still like 100mp5 more than the 4set for disc

Deleted
    In 4.2 your total regen is now much less about how much spirit you have.
    True but only because mp5 from spirit increases as intellect increases. (so increasing item level will increase mp5 even if your spirit remains constant).

Once you get the 2set bonus you're basically set and you can do away with much of your spirit.
    This statement relies on so many other factors there's no way you can truthfully say that applies to everyone, or even most people.

The 2 set bonus scales directly with the amount of mana you have.
    Simply untrue in every respect. It's base mana. It will be 412mp5 always.

Unlike combat regen, (combatregen=constant*(squarerootof[INT])*[Spirit]).
    This isn't even a sentence.

Now its just 2% of your total mana every 5 sec ontop of what combat regen you have. As a result, Int is even more powerful a stat for regen than it was in 4.1 per the 2 set bonus.
    again, 2% of total mana has nothing to with anything. int becomes more powerful as you acquire more spirit in relation to spirit. int is always good anyway. I'm not sure what the 5% crit on 'heal' has anything to do with this debate. I would also argue that the value of int relative to spirit was higher with the 4set t11 bonus than with the t12 2set, although I've done no math on it.

I'm Approx 130k mana, 2560 spirit with 2720/5sec combat regen.
    Super

The t12 2set bonus, with my total mana, provides an additional 2600/5sec combat regen.
    No it doesn't, it provides 412/5sec combat regen.

I find myself keeping spirit gear around for healing intense fights though, such as 2 healing 10HM Lord Rhyolith/beth. On other HM fights, shannox and alyzrazor, mana is never and issue and Ill go for all burst throughput gear(no spirit).
    Gz on 4/7hc. I hope that 3k mp5 from the 2set t12 wasn't carrying you; I wouldn't want you to fail to kill those bosses next reset after reading the tooltips.

Find the length of the fight and plan accordingly(time your CDs). If you havent already, make a power auras buff check to make sure the buff from the t12 2set stays up the whole fight.
    Agree.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    This topic interests me. I'm starting to raid seriously again on my priest, and I run with about 2900 spirit with fully procced DMC:T (my other trinket is the regular Eye from Alysrazor, so no extra regen from that). While I dont find myself running into any mana issues, I'm kind of wary as to how much spirit I can stand to drop if I alter my playstyle. Currently, I kind of just spam greater if the damage isn't on 4 or more people in the same group and spread bubbles around when I know they will be taking damage, regardless of rapture. This seems to net me a decent 10-13k HPS depending on the fight. but I can't help but feel that I could be getting more from the amount of mana I spend and dropping spirit doesn't help me feel better about it.