Thread: 4.3 AQ remake?

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Idk, it sure looked like he died to me.
    Elementals do not die, they are banished to their elemental plane. What remains is the shell of their material embodiment. Killing them on their home plane (where they, naturally, are much stronger) will usually finish them off for good.

As for rehashs, I can't understand peoples hatred. I mean, it's not like it was Naxx, only thing copied over was the terrain. You get to go to place you did something in years ago, and see how the place turned out after that. The content is new, and the story gets told on. In many ways, they are actually BETTER than some completely new 5-man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too many remakes.

I would accept an AQ remake if they kept the bosses but changed all of the mechanics, though.
    I reported lamb of log twice, once for having a slow car and once for trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Jankes View Post
    Who really cares if bosses have the same name as they did x amount of years ago? The encounters aren't exactly the same, it is basically a new instance with new fights, with an end boss with the same name, stop complaining, you're being dumb.
    I don't think asking for 100% original content (down to the environment, and boss names/abilities) is too much to ask. Blizzard has clearly perfected the art of re-gifting, and making sheeple foam at the mouth defending the re-gift.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell no.. that would be too much, another 3months of old dungeons?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Noctus View Post
    They promised us a CoT: War of the Ancients raid, so, count on that.
    This. I'd take this over a recycled AQ.

Could be. Great way to make "new" content without actually doing anything.

The fact that when you die you get a flying mount in Ahn'Qiraj zone makes me feel like blizzard is planning something . I mean only Cata zones and Storm Peaks/Icecrown gave you a flying mount when you died

10+ Year Old Account
    Like I said in my post on page 3, in heroic mode HE DIES! RAGNAROS IS DEAD! FOR GOOD! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez1pRo1sywY Paragon's kill. Skip to 10 minutes. Malfurion, Cenarius, and the tauren bound him so he can't go back into the ground like he did in normal mode. Instead, he walks out of the lava in a last attempt to kill everyone, and in doing so, when he died, his body turned silver and froze up and evaporated.

I certainly wouldn't rule out a remake of at least one of the AQ raids in 4.3. Maybe the reason why we haven't seen the new Silithus quests that occasionally crop up on the PTR get implemented is because they decided to save them for when they finish remaking AQ. That way the new quests could get tied into the new version of AQ without leaving any plotlines open for several patches.

If 4.3 contains the War of the Ancients Raid as well, that should placate the people who want at least a little 100% new content.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    I don't think asking for 100% original content (down to the environment, and boss names/abilities) is too much to ask. Blizzard has clearly perfected the art of re-gifting, and making sheeple foam at the mouth defending the re-gift.
    And you, clearly, have an inherent inability to comprehend good storytelling.
    "Here, you have never heard of this guy, but next patch he will try to destroy the world and you're ognna stop him! And for the next patch after that, we'll invent ANOTHER villain nobody has ever heard of, and then you get to dispose of him, too, before we get to build any kind of a character on him and nobody will care.
    Also, once you have been to somewhere, nothing happens there ever again, and you'll never know what you actually accomplished by going there in the first place."

Yeah, no ty. Without the story, WoW would only be a shadow of what it is today. Boy am I glad people like you don't decide.

Quote Originally Posted by diesta View Post
    ragnaros never died though, he was just sent back to his own realm.

hé's dead bro he's dead omg
    [u

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    4.0: Nef comes back
    4.1: Trolls bome back
    4.2: Rag comes back
    4.3: AQ comes back?

*Sigh* I'd really rather prefer original content over this, but whatever :|
    This attitude is why we won't get anymore cool retro stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Complaining that a new raid with old boss names is 'rehashed and boring' is like complaining that the hot sister of a hot chick you banged a couple years ago wants to sleep with you now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Sheeple. You have got to be freaking kidding me. There has been 4 reused environments, total. In all of WoW's PvE content history, 10 times larger than Rift's, FYI. ZG, ZA, SFK, DM. All of which were released about 6 years ago, minus ZA. (ZA is the only one I can fault them for.) Nefarian is a reused boss name with entirely new mechanics. Ragnaros has a new model and has entirely new mechanics and finally finishes a 7 year old story. SFK and DM were both asked for by players.

In comparison, there has been a ridiculously large amount of new content, including the 1-60 EK and Kalimdor revamp, which basically makes them entirely new continents. Way larger than basically any expansion any MMO has put out, ever, unless you can find proof otherwise. They aren't faultless (far from it), but you people exaggerate excessively, and it's frustrating when you go parading this around as if it's proof that you being burned out is the end of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by kivipää View Post
    And you, clearly, have an inherent inability to comprehend good storytelling.
    "Here, you have never heard of this guy, but next patch he will try to destroy the world and you're ognna stop him! And for the next patch after that, we'll invent ANOTHER villain nobody has ever heard of, and then you get to dispose of him, too, before we get to build any kind of a character on him and nobody will care.
    Also, once you have been to somewhere, nothing happens there ever again, and you'll never know what you actually accomplished by going there in the first place."

Yeah, no ty. Without the story, WoW would only be a shadow of what it is today. Boy am I glad people like you don't decide.
    Words, mouth, my. Gief back.
    Moo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avarathis View Post
    hé's dead bro he's dead omg
    He meant the first time in Molten Core... Firelands IS his realm, he was sent back to Firelands, where we defeated him once and for all.

---------- Post added 2011-08-10 at 07:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    This attitude is why we won't get anymore cool retro stuff
    Can you imagine Heroic Stocks? Hogger will at least have to be more powerful then Sargeras. AT LEAST.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KingHorse View Post
    Complaining that a new raid with old boss names is 'rehashed and boring' is like complaining that the hot sister of a hot chick you banged a couple years ago wants to sleep with you now.
    But an all new piece of ass once in a while in pretty damn good also. Not saying rehashed content is completely bad. But mix it up some. Last patch gave us rehashed ZA/ZG. Give us something completely new for the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    4.0: Nef comes back
    4.1: Trolls bome back
    4.2: Rag comes back
    4.3: AQ comes back?

*Sigh* I'd really rather prefer original content over this, but whatever :|
    Someone hasn't fought these "Rehashes" yet have they.
    WoW only has 10 million subscribers it must be dying! WoW sucks!
    I'm sorry no, clearly you didn't see Chuck Norris allowed 10 million to survive his Purge.

Deleted
    In my personal opinion im completly okay with the rehashes. Right now most of the raids and dungeons are just long forgotten relics of the past that barely people pay a visit nowadays. The thing that does bother me tough is the time it takes to even release a rehashed dungeon/raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    In comparison, there has been a ridiculously large amount of new content, including the 1-60 EK and Kalimdor revamp, which basically makes them entirely new continents. Way larger than basically any expansion any MMO has put out, ever, unless you can find proof otherwise. They aren't faultless (far from it), but you people exaggerate excessively, and it's frustrating when you go parading this around as if it's proof that you being burned out is the end of the game.
    LOL...a "revamp" would really be inherently "rehashed" content. Nice try, though, but you sort of made the opposite point for them. You can debate when the new ZA/ZG are your "revamp" or a "rehash" but either way, it's all recycled.