Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Thumbs down Kicked without no purpose. w00t 30 minutes debuff...

Hey peeps.
    So I've been kicked from low-lvl dungeon I've recently joined. We killed some mobs and *boom* I am back in Orgri with 30 mintes deserter debuff.
    I think it should be sorted out. People are playing with my free time and I can't do anything with that.
    I bet that I'm not the only one who experienced such a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    how do you know there was no purpose? we only hear your side of the story, hell maybe you were doing bad and they wanted you out, maybe they didn't like your name and wanted you out

10+ Year Old Account
    i hear there's nothing to do but dungeons in wow

10+ Year Old Account
    If i remember correctly you don't get deserter debuff if you are kicked from a dungeon...

Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post
    If i remember correctly you don't get deserter debuff if you are kicked from a dungeon...
    My thoughts exactly.

You don't get the Deserter Debuff. You actually get PROTECTION from being kicked from another dungeon... Which is retarded.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Unhealthy sarcasm will be ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilightdawn View Post
    how do you know there was no purpose? we only hear your side of the story, hell maybe you were doing bad and they wanted you out, maybe they didn't like your name and wanted you out
    Full heirloomed healer can't do "bad" no matter how he would try to be "bad". Also does Milkoflife (translation) could embarase someone? That does not obligate people to be a douches aye?

Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post
    http://i56.tinypic.com/1174lqc.jpg

There you go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    What else is there to do?
    Cause i only sit in a corner in Orgimmar if not doing a dungeon :O

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you get kicked within a certain time from everyone starting the dungeon you will get the 30 minute deserter debuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyok View Post
    This is not a valid proof. Maybe you left by yourself and you didn't realise...

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyok View Post
    This shows us nothing. Yeah you have the debuff, but there is nothing in the chat window that tells us "You have been removed from the group." Not sure if troll...

I've been kicked from normal Throne of the Tides because I went ahead and took the teleporter and waited at the fork after the second boss while everyone else twiddled their thumbs.

I really wish you were given the reason you were kicked.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
    This is not a valid proof. Maybe you left by yourself and you didn't realise...
    Yes, because I am playing this from yesterday and pushed "Leave.." by mistake. Please....

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchmitch View Post
    This shows us nothing. Yeah you have the debuff, but there is nothing in the chat window that tells us "You have been removed from the group." Not sure if troll...
    Migas was sure that there is no debuff so I showed him. As you can notice there is 20 minutes duration left so it's enough to fill chat window with /2 /1 messages.
    And yes, of course I am trolling because trying to find out where the problem is with people who thinks they can do everything.
    Keep coments like that for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaese View Post
    I've been kicked from normal Throne of the Tides because I went ahead and took the teleporter and waited at the fork after the second boss while everyone else twiddled their thumbs.

I really wish you were given the reason you were kicked.
    Unfortunally kicked person do not have pop-up with reason. Unless I hadn't.

Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon4275 View Post
    My thoughts exactly. You don't get the Deserter Debuff. You actually get PROTECTION from being kicked from another dungeon... Which is retarded.
    Occasionally you do get the deserter debuff from baing kicked. It's happened to me at least twice. Both are retarded. As is the kick penalty in general.

Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    Occasionally you do get the deserter debuff from baing kicked. It's happened to me at least twice. Both are retarded. As is the kick penalty in general.
    If you get kicked you usually get kicked for a reason, and that penalty is a hint to stop being a twat and don't do it again... So imo the debuff is perfect. Waste or spoil other people's time, you should have yours wasted.

OT: Well, we don't know about your situation, as said it's a one-sided story... For all we know you could of been abusing them in party chat, not healing people, needing on loo, anything. Though I'm not saying you have or haven't, of course!

Edit: Since I see you're Disc, I know some people with a lack of knowledge seem to think Disc Priests are DPSing and not healing, so they may have kicked you for that reason.

Other that sorry, and no - I've actually never been kicked because I go with friends/guildies and I actually try to respect people or leave my self... So I wouldn't know :P
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2011-08-12 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    If you get kicked you usually get kicked for a reason, and that penalty is to let you know to stop being a twat and do it again... So imo the debuff is perfect. Waste or spoil other people's time, you should have yours wasted. OT: Well, we don't know about your situation, as said it's a one-sided story... For all we know you could of been abusing them in party chat, not healing people, ninja'ing loot... Anything. Other that sorry, and no - I've actually never been kicked because I go with friends/guildies and I actually try to respect people or leave my self.
    It really doesn't matter why he was kicked, his complaint is one of a mechanical nature. The deserter debuff is meant to be applied to people who *leave* (nine tenths of the time, it's not. Coming from someone who *regularly* bails on heroics because of them being chock full of awful players), not players who are *kicked*.

The kick penalty to which I am referring is not one for *being* kicked; there's not really supposed to be one. As my quoted person's message indicates there is, in fact, extra protection afforded players who are consistently kicked. I was saying that both that protection and the penalty applied to the kickers are stupid. If you happen to get a higher-than-average number of groups with a stupid, griefing, mouth-breather, or a higher than average number of groups *full* of the same (prompting you to leave, which incurs a similar penalty to kicking), then you'll quickly find yourself without a vote-kick option on a reasonable time limit. And let's not even mention the fact that most groups seem only able to kick one player at all. If you draw 2 baddies in 6 players, you're SoL.

The whole system needs all this complicated crap removed. Simple solution: Return to vote kick to unlimited use per group, 15 min CD between kicks and before you can kick at the start. That's it. Those are the ONLY restrictions there should be on the vote-kick system. It is abusable? Sure. But so is the current system. Also, return the deserter debuff to affecting any bastard who leaves a dungeon group before completion (note: Leaves, not is kicked). And by completion I mean final boss dead. 3 people left and there's only 2 of you? Tough noogies, requeue or take a debuff.

From what I've been told, when that happens, it's a GM manually kicking you out of the dungeon.

I was in a random on my alt, asked the Warlock a few times to stop pulling extra mobs, finally said "Just ****** stop pulling or you're going to tank it, die, and cry like a little girl".

While still in combat (was in middle of trash pack) got kicked. Talked to a GM and found out it was a GM playing an alt.

10+ Year Old Account
    you were probably kicked to a guildie could join. It happens... so you quest for a bit, at low levels its just almost as fast. You have to be kicked before the fist pull in my experience to get the deserter debuff but meh, it happens and now you have to roll with it.

Sadly there is not perfect solution. I am just glad that Blizzard at least puts on the facade they are trying. Most other companies dont even do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    It really doesn't matter why he was kicked, his complaint is one of a mechanical nature. The deserter debuff is meant to be applied to people who *leave* (nine tenths of the time, it's not. Coming from someone who *regularly* bails on heroics because of them being chock full of awful players), not players who are *kicked*.

The kick penalty to which I am referring is not one for *being* kicked; there's not really supposed to be one. As my quoted person's message indicates there is, in fact, extra protection afforded players who are consistently kicked. I was saying that both that protection and the penalty applied to the kickers are stupid. If you happen to get a higher-than-average number of groups with a stupid, griefing, mouth-breather, or a higher than average number of groups *full* of the same (prompting you to leave, which incurs a similar penalty to kicking), then you'll quickly find yourself without a vote-kick option on a reasonable time limit. And let's not even mention the fact that most groups seem only able to kick one player at all. If you draw 2 baddies in 6 players, you're SoL.
    As it should be. You sound like that guy that'll kick anyone not in an optimal spec or gear just because of that no matter how well they're performing. And judging on the bolded part you don't deserve to have a kick off of cd. Unfortunately people that do what i have bolded are usually the true griefers. People that are just there to have fun but are doing about 2k sub average aren't the issue. The elitist jerks (no pun intended) that think everyone should be in optimal spec and gear and doing 20k dps are the issue...

OT: until we have either a chat log of the group (which you claim is impossible) we can't really tell you why you have the debuff. If you ran in and pulled the whole dungeon after "killing a few mobs" then you deserve it. If you queued up with someone else and they got kicked or if they left then you were also removed. I have been kicked and recieved the debuff, but it was mainly because the tank was being rude i stood up to him and he got his guildies to help him kick me.

Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon4275 View Post
    My thoughts exactly.

You don't get the Deserter Debuff. You actually get PROTECTION from being kicked from another dungeon... Which is retarded.
    I've heard this from a bunch of people, but yet to see any actual evidence of this protection. It has pretty consistently been claimed by kick happy people that they couldn't kick someone "because they were protected because they've been kicked too much." I have never experienced being unable to kick someone who deserved it. Can you (or anyone else) provide a citation for this claim?

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaving View Post
    From what I've been told, when that happens, it's a GM manually kicking you out of the dungeon.

I was in a random on my alt, asked the Warlock a few times to stop pulling extra mobs, finally said "Just ****** stop pulling or you're going to tank it, die, and cry like a little girl".

While still in combat (was in middle of trash pack) got kicked. Talked to a GM and found out it was a GM playing an alt.
    If you know this and you have the proof and the back logs I'd appeal it to the gm feedback e-mail. I know that swearing is technically harrasment, but if you asked him to stop several times and he refused then had a buddy remove you then he abused his power...