Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    n1, doing your work correctly > whoring the meters. Not always the same thing. Dual dot when it's a window for it, else exclude it... obv.

Quote Originally Posted by Avrantia View Post
    This is a very nice list, thanks for the effort.Nevertheless, people should really sim their own stat weights, as it can make a big difference based on where in the progression they are. Then install a mod like Pawn to suggest upgrades and gemming. For me for instance, the t12 chest is suggested socketed with 2 brilliant inferno rubies rather than 1 orange 1 blue.
    I couldn't agree more, Avrantia. As I've stated countless times (and will continue to state countless more), this BiS list is a tool. The usefulness of tools is defined by how you use them. I view this list as more of a quick-reference guide than a holy book, just like ShadowPanther's lists for rogues are pretty close but don't fit exactly to every toon.

Also, slight update to the list in the past few days with spelling corrections and updating the stats on DTR. Also, people have been asking for a view of how the trinkets will stack up with the Necromantic Focus nerfs in 4.2.2. These are included in the list also, but, no changes to rankings have occurred because of it.
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

Deleted
    Guys I made my bis list and I'd like to know what you guys think about it: http://chardev.org/?profile=194988
    I
    excluded everything from ragnaros hc since he is not going to die soon... That's why i have a different belt, a different weapon and a normal head / trinket.

I've been reading about the haste plateau, and from what I understand after that number (what is it?) haste still is the best secondary stat but we should "balance" crit and mastery am I right? If so... how are my crit / mastery numbers? Should i reforge some haste or something?

Thanks =)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suneca View Post
    Guys I made my bis list and I'd like to know what you guys think about it: http://chardev.org/?profile=194988
    I
    excluded everything from ragnaros hc since he is not going to die soon... That's why i have a different belt, a different weapon and a normal head / trinket.

I've been reading about the haste plateau, and from what I understand after that number (what is it?) haste still is the best secondary stat but we should "balance" crit and mastery am I right? If so... how are my crit / mastery numbers? Should i reforge some haste or something?

Thanks =)
    Looks good aside from the ring. I've planned some of my gear around items that can't currently be acquired in-game (like that ring). I've decided to use h-Crystal Prison Band in it's place for now. Additionally, I doubt I'll be going with VPLC as well. I will likely use H-TM (DMC:V if you weren't able to get this one) and H-NF.

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

Deleted
    Imo we cant upgrade the reputation items to ilvl 391. So you better get Raggi nhc belt & alyszrazor hc back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by koksii View Post
    Imo we cant upgrade the reputation items to ilvl 391. So you better get Raggi nhc belt & alyszrazor hc back.
    In your opinion? Aren't those items already in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Suneca View Post
    In your opinion? Aren't those items already in the game?
    As of right now (4.2.0, in case anyone in the future reads this), you can not upgrade the rep items from AoH. Upgraded items were datamined when 4.2.0 was on PTR, but they're aren't available in the current patch. No one is sure if this was intended or not. If they do become available, it will probably be with 4.2.2.

Best US Shadowpriest Kevin-Alterac Mountains is actually doing a pretty different setup of gear than what has been mentioned. Hes one Spriest that doesn't like to go below hit cap and hes found a perfect setup using the H Alysrazor Legs with the rest 4 set.

Deleted
    I got the Variable Pulse Lightning Capacitor because no one realy wanted it ( in my bank ) and now i´m wondering if it is worth keeping it . I hoped for it to be upgraded to a usefull level, but this seems rather unrealistic now that Blizzard has patched every other Ragnaros trinket ( eventough they were already insanely powerfull ) . Am I the only one wondering why they would buff trinkets wich were already on almost every Bis list and let the reaaaalllly crappy one untouched ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dathorize View Post
    Best US Shadowpriest Kevin-Alterac Mountains is actually doing a pretty different setup of gear than what has been mentioned. Hes one Spriest that doesn't like to go below hit cap and hes found a perfect setup using the H Alysrazor Legs with the rest 4 set.
    Dunno about that... he's reforged wrong imo. Neck should be Mastery -> Spirit and Bracers should be Mastery -> Haste. And i'll give him the benefit of the doubt on this, but he's currently .71% over the hit cap. Reforging ring Crit -> Haste would solve that.

Everyone is going to have a "different" setup, because everyones gearing towards bis currently so you have to make do with what you get until then.

Quote Originally Posted by slimatic View Post
    Dunno about that... he's reforged wrong imo. Neck should be Mastery -> Spirit and Bracers should be Mastery -> Haste. And i'll give him the benefit of the doubt on this, but he's currently .71% over the hit cap. Reforging ring Crit -> Haste would solve that.

Everyone is going to have a "different" setup, because everyones gearing towards bis currently so you have to make do with what you get until then.
    This is Kevin from Alterac Mountains, I am actually 17.00 on hit since my conclave belt doesn't show any stats. http://i.imgur.com/W2I5m.jpg

I am only using the legs as my off piece because I haven't gotten the Heroic Ragnaros gloves yet, otherwise I would run with the normal 4 piece choices and gloves as the off piece. As far as my reforging goes, I went for 2284 haste and 17.00 hit because I always get DI.

It's funny you guys would mention me I was actually just looking at this thread for gearing purposes. =P

Quote Originally Posted by stormborn View Post
    This is Kevin from Alterac Mountains, I am actually 17.00 on hit since my conclave belt doesn't show any stats. http://i.imgur.com/W2I5m.jpg

I am only using the legs as my off piece because I haven't gotten the Heroic Ragnaros gloves yet, otherwise I would run with the normal 4 piece choices and gloves as the off piece. As far as my reforging goes, I went for 2284 haste and 17.00 hit because I always get DI.

It's funny you guys would mention me I was actually just looking at this thread for gearing purposes. =P
    Woooo, Another spriest that runs at 2284 haste

I am only using the legs as my off piece because I haven't gotten the Heroic Ragnaros gloves yet, otherwise I would run with the normal 4 piece choices and gloves as the off piece.
    What are you going to do with being a good .60% under hit cap with the H rag glove set, Your only gaining about 50 int compared to alysrazor legs + 4 set and a few more secondary stats.

What are you going to do with being a good .60% under hit cap with the H rag glove set, Your only gaining about 50 int compared to alysrazor legs + 4 set and a few more secondary stats.
    I'll find out once I get them, but I definitely don't plan on being under hit cap.

I'll find out once I get them, but I definitely don't plan on being under hit cap.
    http://chardev.org/?profile=197846 Ring/Cloak are both reforged from mastery to get closer to hit cap and still far from (Even further without the legendary). Also I have a question for why shadowpriests prefer spirit>hit when you need 8% melee hit to cap your shadowfiend, I recently found out about this and was wondering why no one else is doing it... (Maybe it's wrong, haven't fully tested it yet but).

Pretty sure the H Gloves set is also under DI haste plateau unless you're a goblin also.
    Last edited by Dathorize; 2011-08-17 at 09:10 AM.

http://chardev.org/?profile=197846 Ring/Cloak are both reforged from mastery to get closer to hit cap and still far from (Even further without the legendary). Also I have a question for why shadowpriests prefer spirit>hit when you need 8% melee hit to cap your shadowfiend, I recently found out about this and was wondering why no one else is doing it... (Maybe it's wrong, haven't fully tested it yet but).

Pretty sure the H Gloves set is also under DI haste plateau unless you're a goblin also.
    Tbh the hit is barely noticeable, I looked at our logs for yesterday's boss attempts and it missed for a total of 5 times out of 600+ hits. Occasionally I'm asked to quickly respec and sometimes we don't have the time to wait for me to go hearth and reforge so I stick with spirit instead of hit. I'll try out capping my melee hit but really I don't think it will be that noticeable.

Also that gear list isn't using DMC:V, a trinket that I plan on using - so with the right reforging I'm sure I can get the hit cap.

Also I have a question for why shadowpriests prefer spirit>hit when you need 8% melee hit to cap your shadowfiend, I recently found out about this and was wondering why no one else is doing it... (Maybe it's wrong, haven't fully tested it yet but).
    You don't need 8% melee hit from Hit for your shadowfiend, your spirit->hit from TF works just fine. This was addressed back in February.

Lucky. My guild runs 3 spriests and normally 3 locks, however sometimes there's only 2 and i'm the spriest left out, so its currently hard to reforge ideally.

I'm at ~2600 haste without DI, however some new pieces are going to force me to reforge haste -> spirit to reach hit cap now and i'll have to just hope I'm getting DI, otherwise its a big dps loss

NOTICE: a major bug in SimulationCraft has just been discovered that will have a profound effect on Shadow Priest stat weights. Please take the following BiS list with a huge grain of salt until resims can be done! See this post/thread for more details: http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?p=4936#p4936

Jesus, right in the middle of a massive sim day. GG