Thoughts about supplements

Well i start back up school in about 2 weeks or so so that i'm going to be starting back up on my work out schedule (i kind of just did some random cardio/working out over the summer). Usually i supplement whey protein which is a given, and i use creatine because i at least feel it helps me workout. I just read an article discussing a new supplement i'm looking at which is forcefactor (http://www.forcefactor.com/) and i'm wondering if anyone has used it or if anyone knew much about it in terms of it actually helping out. Yes i'm aware this isn't some type of supplement that just magically makes more muscles happen and as far as i understand it just helps with the intensity of the whole workout. Any thoughts?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not worth the money, & arginine is pretty much worthless. Just stick with the basics:

Multi
    Fish oil
    Creatine
    Whey(unnecessary if you get enough from diet)

But if you need that pre-wo boost, grab some caffeine pills, or a better pre-wo supp. White Flood, Ultima, Assault, Pump-Bol, SNS Focus XT.

Edit: sorry about the sloppiness, my phone lags like hell on this site.
    Last edited by Shik Valentine; 2011-08-14 at 03:44 AM. Reason: Fixededed

I wouldn't buy the stuff if I was you. Sounds like you are just getting back into the swing of things and if FF is good it looks more for hardcore lifters so it'd be best to wait. I suggest just sticking to a good diet and take whey protein; I don't personally like creatine too much. If you really want to take something else to give you a boost then I'd recomend something such as jack3d. I believe it is good from personal use and generally only see good reviews on it, also a lot cheaper than FF.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    ^^^^ Jack3d is just over stimmed(caffeine & 1,3 Dimethylamylamine[sides: stim dick, jitters, crash, headaches]) & underdosed with the ingredients in it's prop-blend. Seeing that it's ~4 grams, it's not sufficient amounts of the recommended doses of the ingredients(Creatine, Beta Alanine), & Arginine has been proven to be of no aid to bodybuilding. Much better pre's out there..

Checked out the link, I clicked on 'The Team' link at the top. Names and pictures pop up... Vernon Davis, Derrick Rose, some female girl, BJ Penn and then the Greenville police. Intrigued by the last one a little, I click the picture of the Greenville Police. Three big ass and relatively fat black cops are on the page. I had a good laugh. Thanks OP

I read a little bit of the article too, apparently Force Factor believes their product helped reduce the crime rate... Then I laughed even harder....ohhh shit that was good.

Deleted
    dont use them!!!!

You don't need them. I skip all that stuff, no whey power or anything at all.

Just eat a good diet, it's better for you than pumping all of that extra crap into your body.

most supps are meant to give you an edge or advantage while training, they're not meant to help you go from a sissy 200lb bench press to 400lb in a month, they're formulated and backed with clinical research that prove they're useful under certain circumstances. a good supp will help you curl an extra rep, lift slightly heavier weight in a matter of weeks and replenish your working muscles more efficiently than regular food alone because that's what they do, they supplement a well balanced diet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shikomei_TFC View Post
    Not worth the money, & arginine is pretty much worthless. Just stick with the basics:

Multi
    Fish oil
    Creatine
    Whey(unnecessary if you get enough from diet)

But if you need that pre-wo boost, grab some caffeine pills, or a better pre-wo supp. White Flood, Ultima, Assault, Pump-Bol, SNS Focus XT.
    He's pretty much summed it all up, although i would advise against caffeine pills as after the caffeine affects wears out it leaves your blood vessels contriscted more than normal reducing blood flow, and therefore slowing down the muscle repair. At the end of the day the boost gained from the caffeine isnt worth it

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ewhenn View Post
    pumping all of that extra crap into your body.
    Care to say why supplements are crap? There are actually a couple that I would "recommend" everyone to get, seeing that most people's diet aren't that great to begin with.
    Last edited by Shik Valentine; 2011-08-15 at 11:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solari View Post
    most supps are meant to give you an edge or advantage while training, they're not meant to help you go from a sissy 200lb bench press to 400lb in a month, they're formulated and backed with clinical research that prove they're useful under certain circumstances. a good supp will help you curl an extra rep, lift slightly heavier weight in a matter of weeks and replenish your working muscles more efficiently than regular food alone because that's what they do, they supplement a well balanced diet.
    200lb bench isnt really "sissy".
    If you want peace prepare for war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butry View Post
    200lb bench isnt really "sissy".
    all relative. really I'd be a bit of a bitch if I only benched 200lbs as I weigh 215lbs.

I use to take your typical creatine / whey proteins and such but have turned over to just getting my calories from food and have seen virtually identical results. I'm not going to say all supplements are complete crap but you truly can get enough protein out of a diet just by eating more strategically. Also it takes quite a bit of planning / getting used to eating 150g of protein a day just from normal foods.