Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    more changes based on results that I or anyone i play with have ever expireance, yay
    im also interested in how they have said every class hase some sort of threat dump ... I dont seem to recal one for wars DKs and druids (i dont count the feral one it rarely helps unless its a player pet in PvP) I just hope that this does not impact PvP as then it would just take the cake for Devs going overborde.
    I am dyslexic and proud to be so.
    so you dont like how I spell ?
    To bad learn to be human or gtfo.

Oh look game getting easier and easier, who would've seen this happening...

Quote Originally Posted by Rakudjo View Post
    Since it says Hotfix, has the threat change already been deployed on Live servers?
    Probably rolling restarts tonight.

We don’t want a model where the Prot warrior ignores Shield Slam, Devastate and Revenge (since threat isn’t a big deal) in order to bank all rage for Shield Block (because survival is).
    So, like how DKs are now?

Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if it's necessary to mess around with this stuff all the time instead of focusing on something real that needs it.
    Translation:

I hate when Blizzard work on things that matter to other players instead of things that matter to me.

I can hardly believe this isn't trolling...

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh nice, make threat for tanks easier, like it wasn't already?

Game is no different than WLK.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Change for the sake of change. I think tanking is fine, and the only real point is the one about newbie tanks getting matched with dps in raid gear. Honestly, I think this is EXACTLY what is wrong with WOW... they just randomly change things that really aren´t a major issue. Why in the world did they not spend more time trying to make archeology or a ton of other things more exciting.

So they are going to spend how much time implementing this.. then another amount of time making survivability more áctive´.. and in the end, it really won´t make things better, just different... but it did waste a lot of dev time that they could have used making other parts of the game better. I think GC, and the rest of the devs need to step back and look at the forest for awhile. This is a game, it is supposed to be fun... but the game is boring, and just randomly making us relearn how to tank or heal every 6 months doesn´t make it fresh, or better. They need to add new things, but actually take the time to make them fun and interesting. it just blows my mind, that with all the boring and repetitive things that are the center of WOW, they are spending time redoing threat.. again....
    Last edited by Azrile; 2011-08-16 at 06:46 PM.

Yeah as more and more people quit this game, they will need to find new people who will want to carry the mouth breathers in the random dungeons. So yeah they make tanking easier. No surprises there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Firstly...I appreciate the time the devs have taken to explain their thought process. As a tank, I am saddened. In a fight like Domo (normal) for example, the threat race at the start is pretty much the only compelling thing about the fight for the tank. I LIKE having to clench my ass cheeks while I desperately try and stay ahead of my mage and dk. It's sad to see the LFD tool change the way thegame is designed. A core mechanic like threat should not be designed around playing with strangers in the LFD...it should be designed around playing with good players. That said...meh...who cares. A few weeks after the change is implemented 'good' players will hardly feel the impact and 'less-good' players will finally be able to tank in the LFD. I'm not happy with this change (as someone who tanks and does melee dps) but really it shouldn't greatly affect gameplay for already competent tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Blooddeity View Post
    Yeah as more and more people quit this game, they will need to find new people who will want to carry the mouth breathers in the random dungeons. So yeah they make tanking easier. No surprises there.
    Rofl indeed making game easier so we can carry casuals/bads. But one day we, the good players will be all gone and nothing will save this game.

Oh no the game just got easier boohoo wow is dying i'm quitting / I already quit waaah. Threat wasn't that hard before, this will be a MINIMAL change.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    Rofl indeed making game easier so we can carry casuals/bads. But one day we, the good players will be all gone and nothing will save this game.
    It does seem like they are more and more retreating back to the faceroll, spam aoe days of WOTLK. I wonder, do they really think they lost all those subs because the game was a little harder in Cata?

It shouldn't really affect PVP because I dont think they're buffing the actual damage done by each attack - but instead increasing threat generated by each attack, scaling with how much damage you do. I do however have to continue guffawing @ Blizz for thinking it creates "a positive experience" when grouping up a hapless noob (or multiple hapless noobs) with well-seasoned players...Personally I find it infinitely annoying when I [actually] decide to use the RDF system to get into a group - and I'm put with a tank in half pvp gear, sloppily reforged in some laughable way and two DPS who JUST met the gear requirements to queue for the heroic. That leaves me (the healer), and the other DPS (who for arguments' sake is as geared as I am) with few options: 1: struggle thru a lot of messy pulls and hope for a wipe so we can leave w/o gettin the debuff 2: play "how to play WoW 101" for the millionth time with a stranger and see just how useless that is 3: hope like hell that you get lucky and make it thru painlessly and make sure that you have ample gold for repairs and a lot of spare time to get thru a dungeon that should take like 45 min tops IMO the little "check here if you have dungeon experience" flag should be revised into something that could possibly sort you into a group of people with comparable gear/experience/skill (tho this is way too hard to judge) in said dungeons. Let the lesser-experienced/geared people go thru it in groups of the same. Chances are they might actually learn something instead of just being told what to do in a nerdraging huff from someone (like me) who lacks patience for those that think that WoW is hard to play. (i.e - ilvl 350+ dps who can barely pull 6-7k DPS standing still)

continued declining subscriptions = OOps we fucked up when we changed tanks threat and people stopped playing them, quick lets change it back before next quarters results.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Menedude View Post
    Oh no the game just got easier boohoo wow is dying i'm quitting / I already quit waaah. Threat wasn't that hard before, this will be a MINIMAL change.
    That's why people are mad. Devs wasting their time on a MINIMAL change.

Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    Firstly...I appreciate the time the devs have taken to explain their thought process. As a tank, I am saddened. In a fight like Domo (normal) for example, the threat race at the start is pretty much the only compelling thing about the fight for the tank. I LIKE having to clench my ass cheeks while I desperately try and stay ahead of my mage and dk.
    Personally, I would rather not have that. If your DPS is stupid enough to not throttle, let you get threat first, then they don't deserve much credit. I don't find it interesting on my tanks or DPS characters to have to hope I can hold on.
    Wolfie Pandaren Shaman - Pet Collection - Mount Collection
    Pinfire Dwarf Hunter - SaintJoan Draenei Paladin - Sadiefalk Human Rogue - Hamartanein Dwarf Warlock
    Lotusdream Pandaren Monk - Aponyia Tauren Shaman

I like this change. Tanking can be the most frustrating role sometimes. When I start playing again I will definitely give my prot warrior another go. And it's good for the game. More tanks = lower queue times for all you DPS.

what i don't like is the part that:
    We’ll still give all the tanks emergency cooldowns like Shield Wall and Survival Instincts. However, we want to move the shorter cooldowns like Shield Block, Holy Shield and Savage Defense so that they work more like Death Strike.
    So instead trying to fix DK they take the most broken tanking mechanic and try to apply it to other tanks? o_O' Not sure what they want to do but I don't like how it sounds..

I think anyone who doesn't understand the role that threat has played is just being to elitist here or mainly raids with the luxury of misdirects. I just had this discussion with someone the other day, that the reason queue times are so high is because tanking right now is so hard. If you join a random dungeon in 359 gear and have a dps sitting there in 370+ gear ripping threat off you and calling you bad for not holding threat. Aside from the abuse you have to worry about pulling the mobs gathering them up and you have 3 dps single targeting 3 different targets that your expected to hold threat on but there are also mechanics you have to deal with. As a warrior you charge only to have the arcane mage pop all cooldowns except mirror images (because it still has a minute left on the cooldown from two pulls ago) and now you play the taunt game as the mage rolls 60k dps and your only capable of maybe 40k tps but now your nerfed even more on threat generation as the mob runs away from you and is out of range of anything but your taunt. I can't tell you how many dungeons I join as a tank already at the last boss because the previous tank just gave up on the group.