Quote Originally Posted by Thooms View Post
    Really? That system is probably like 2 years old and you're already building a new one for $1000-1500? I wish I had that money...
    The 1055T was released April 27, 2010.

But the upgrade is pointless- Upgrading a mid-range CPU to a mid-range CPU, (now) low-end GPU to a mid-range GPU.

Deleted
    how do people get their cables so tidy, mine are really short from the PSU, and bulky cables, i had no where to hide them and the inside of my case is a complete mess because of it. my case does have a cables panel to run the cables through, but mine are too short and fat to fit through it :\ so they have to go all over the place, the airflow inside must be terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    how do people get their cables so tidy, mine are really short from the PSU, and bulky cables, i had no where to hide them and the inside of my case is a complete mess because of it. my case does have a cables panel to run the cables through, but mine are too short and fat to fit through it :\ so they have to go all over the place, the airflow inside must be terrible.

Modular PSU's

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adt View Post

So, here's the new case... Build commences tomorrow when my new components arrive(first build as well, so praying it doesn't go too bad)
    I may have just underestimated the size a weeee tiny bit ^_^ ... no idea how i'm going to get it to fit where my current pc is.. will be fun though.

inb4 someone notices the toilet roll aswell, was cleaning the desk top, and couldnt be arsed to take it back.
    Fractal design R2 right=?

Quote Originally Posted by neyroth View Post
    Hm, I thought it was the Fractal Design Define XL. But I could be wrong ofcourse :P

Quote Originally Posted by neyroth View Post
    1) There is no such case.
    2) It's the Fractal Design Define XL.

Quote Originally Posted by laggspike View Post
    That V8 is wrong man, turn it around, lol just hurts to see
    The bracket is formed wrong: if I turn it around it will blow towards the front as opposed to exhaust.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by denominator View Post
    The bracket is formed wrong: if I turn it around it will blow towards the front as opposed to exhaust.
    oh i see, but cant you turn it around then? =)

Quote Originally Posted by laggspike View Post
    oh i see, but cant you turn it around then? =)
    In theory: it just never bothered me enough and I would probably have to roll back to 4.0 or 3.8 because of the few extra degrees. Maybe I'll play around with fan setups and see where it gets me.

I think he means... can't you just reverse the fans?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by denominator View Post
    Take the fan out and put it back in reverse?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    Take the fan out and put it back in reverse?
    yeah that's what i mean =)

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/...teamnum=209552

the sad part is im using rougly 1/5th the computing power available to me, and my computer has been off for around 50% of the time since that team was created, more people need to join
    How do I join? =S
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    My case routes all the cable through the other side and then out designated holes in the chassis. It can be a bit of a bother to close the other side with all the cables bunched up there though lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    My case routes all the cable through the other side and then out designated holes in the chassis. It can be a bit of a bother to close the other side with all the cables bunched up there though lol.
    The end of this post, DEFINITELY. If there's any design flaw I had to point out on the HAF X, yes I'm doing this folks, you can pack your guns up now, is it could use more space for the back panel to fit better with some cables back there.
    "A flower.

So one of those chunks of completed data is only worth 600 points? /sadface

And yeah, I would really like cases to have better cable management design of the variant where closing the backpanel isn't a pain in the arse. I got them ties all over, but on the backside there's very little to actually tie them to. As an added bonus, the lvl10gt doesn't really have any handles on either side, so opening or closing is a pain.
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2011-08-17 at 07:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    So one of those chunks of completed data is only worth 600 points? /sadface

And yeah, I would really like cases to have better cable management design of the variant where closing the backpanel isn't a pain in the arse. I got them ties all over, but on the backside there's very little to actually tie them to. As an added bonus, the lvl10gt doesn't really have any handles on either side, so opening or closing is a pain.
    Oy! You log off right as I PM you a question about this.... fffffffffff

Ok, @ anyone who is doing the Folding@Home, if I have the program installed to my SSD, will that cause any writing issues to my SSD or does it just ship everything to the database directly? Could it also be that I should install it to a HDD for some other reason?

---------- Post added 2011-08-17 at 08:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post

Modular PSU's
    You get me all hot and bothered when you post such beauties as this.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Actual Build:

CPU: Phenom II X4 965BE @ 4GHz 1.55V
    CPU Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212+ dual fan
    MB: Asus M4A78 Pro
    Ram: 8GB OCZ DDR2-1066
    VGA: MSi GTX460 cyclone 1gb
    PSU: Enermax Modu82+ 525w
    Storage: Old maxtor 250G drive as boot + 4x WD Caviar Green 1.5TB in raid 5
    Sound Card: Creative SB X-Fi xtreme music
    Case: Cooler Master Centurion 5

Display: Asus VW266H (26" 1920x1200 2ms)

Keyboard: Logitech G110
    Mouse: Logitech M705
    Speakers: 4.1 DIY (2 Indiana line speakers + old creative 2.1 revamped)

some pics:

inside: http://i897.photobucket.com/albums/a..._2998_full.jpg

need to take a couple pics of the whole thing, will post later

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Ok, @ anyone who is doing the Folding@Home, if I have the program installed to my SSD, will that cause any writing issues to my SSD or does it just ship everything to the database directly? Could it also be that I should install it to a HDD for some other reason?
    I don't think folding uses much HDD space, or requires really fast I/O at all. Most of the work is done in memory if I remember right.

I'm probably going to start running two folders (CPU and GPU) on my work machine when I leave. That and run one on my Linux box 24/7 at work when I can figure out how to get it running. Those shouldn't be more than a faint blip in power usage compared to the heavy industrial equipment we have here. lol.
    red panda red panda red panda!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    I don't think folding uses much HDD space, or requires really fast I/O at all. Most of the work is done in memory if I remember right.

I'm probably going to start running two folders (CPU and GPU) on my work machine when I leave. That and run one on my Linux box 24/7 at work when I can figure out how to get it running. Those shouldn't be more than a faint blip in power usage compared to the heavy industrial equipment we have here. lol.
    Ah, thankies for clearing that up Asera. ^_^

So care to explain what the WU score is? In a nutshell. :P And how long generally it takes to get each one of those done.
    "A flower.