Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Random Raid Finder...

As if PUGs weren't bad enough.

Maybe I'll find a group for Black Temple!

It's a really, really, really, really, really, really, really, REALLY bad idea. Think of how many times you've queued up as a DPS in a heroic, waited a half hour, and after the first pull something horrific goes wrong and it falls apart. Now imagine that wait to get into a raid with the same results. The only way I can see this working is if you get queued with players who have downed the same bosses as you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourjoe View Post
    It's a really, really, really, really, really, really, really, REALLY bad idea. Think of how many times you've queued up as a DPS in a heroic, waited a half hour, and after the first pull something horrific goes wrong and it falls apart. Now imagine that wait to get into a raid with the same results. The only way I can see this working is if you get queued with players who have downed the same bosses as you.
    Except it's not a bad idea...

Tell you what. If you don't like it... DON"T USE IT.

Hard concept to grasp I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Punks View Post

That'll be easypeasy, as long as they don't introduce some extra reward for using the raidfinder, like using the dungeon finder in WotLK was almost forced upon some players to be as competitive as they could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Punks View Post

I think it's a good idea too. If you don't like it, you can just elect not to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskra View Post
    That'll be easypeasy, as long as they don't introduce some extra reward for using the raidfinder, like using the dungeon finder in WotLK was almost forced upon some players to be as competitive as they could be.
    I'm assuming (haven't done much reading though, so feel free to correct me), that it will work the same way as dungeon finder does now - that is, you can queue for a random dungeon and receive the VP/satchel reward even in a full guild group.

If that is the case, all it really means is that some people who aren't guilded for whatever reason, or can't make guild raids, might have a chance at completing some, anyway.

A "random" raid finder would have the same problems as the random LFD.
    However a "manual" raid finder - the ability to invite people from other realms - would be wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by dexx View Post
    A "random" raid finder would have the same problems as the random LFD.
    However a "manual" raid finder - the ability to invite people from other realms - would be wonderful.
    That would be absolutely amazing.

You join the raid finder that allows you join the cross-realm raid chat. There you can say what you're looking for. The channel could be sorted per battlegroup to lower player volume. People can inspect you to see if you're properly geared/gemmed. It'd be pretty much like pugging is now but across servers and without the twisted randomness lfd provides.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

if it was a manual raid finder it would break the community in low pop servers even more, cos u no longer have to take so so people into your raid. u can just find plenty of better players in your battelgroup. might also screw up smaller guilds.
    Last edited by hellboyy; 2011-08-18 at 01:59 AM.

Deleted
    Think like this. How succesful has the LFD been? And that's a 5 man version. Then think of the same thing, but the difference is very huge. It's twice as much. Imagine a LFD run. When a DPS enters after 20-40 minutes and then wipes. After a couple of wipes on 5-man bosses people leave. Imagine then in a raid. A raid is way harder than a 5-man. So I bet the time it takes to just find a group to enter the raid would take around 1 hour for a DPS. Even more. But perhaps instant for tanks/healers. This won't work. Never. Ever.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    eh... whoever said it would be a Random Raid Finder? the headlines dont say random anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by vertex705 View Post
    eh... whoever said it would be a Random Raid Finder? the headlines dont say random anywhere
    The Raid Finder will be introduced in Patch 4.3, it will work like the Dungeon Finder.
    The dungeon finder is random, hence raid finder is random.

For all those who say if you don't like it don't use it, it is going to destroy servers as much as the LFD did. No accountability, just leave a group in the middle of a boss fight and it doesn't matter because you will never see any of them again. Is that what you want to do to join a raid? And if the same thing happens with raid finder that happened with dungeon finder, it will pretty much kill all normal pugs on servers.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure about this. Dont get me wrong, I"ll try it out, for sure. But raid pugs usually go horribly wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Going with the "it will work like the dungeon finder", does that mean it will also bypass raid lockouts? Also, another questions is, will it assign you to the latest raid content as well?

It would be good for old raids, since some people are too lazy to go in trade chat and say "/2 LFM BT need all, get your loot and achievement!".

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Table View Post
    The dungeon finder is random, hence raid finder is random.

For all those who say if you don't like it don't use it, it is going to destroy servers as much as the LFD did. No accountability, just leave a group in the middle of a boss fight and it doesn't matter because you will never see any of them again. Is that what you want to do to join a raid? And if the same thing happens with raid finder that happened with dungeon finder, it will pretty much kill all normal pugs on servers.
    The Dungeon Finder, however, allows you to pre-create your group and include cross realm people via RealId so there's more significance to the absence of the word random in the blue post.

Personally if the system allows me to invite cross realm people to raid groups I'd pay for it :-o The ability to trial potential x-realm raid recruits without them having to pay to x-realm first and us therefore feeling some responsibility for them is a huge plus.

Server raid pugs on many realms are already irrevocably broken in many cases unless your'e talking about Tier 11 "novelty content" .
    This one girl...

10+ Year Old Account
    It'd be useful for BH bosses and by 4.3 the first tier of raiding would be even easier and would probably qualify. Beyond that like everyone else I'd be skeptical.

Though have to say I'm looking forward to seeing the drama and chaos that will ensue from it.

I wonder if the cross realm dungeon, will now also be able with the raiding? so I could join a m8 of mines guild raids despite that we are on separate realms, that would be great, since they sometimes lack people, and that would save me the money for realm transfer.

i think it's a good idea, especially for low pop servers like the one i'm on. it's near impossible to pug even t11 content, just because there's so few people on. not that i try to do much pugging, as i raid consistently with my guild. but say, if i were to miss a night or two due to real life complications, i could still catch up via the raid finder for the week.

it would allow people to take their alts into raids. i myself have 7 85's, all at a respectable gear level. my mage being my main, is in firelands gear, then my lock and dk in t11 gear, and the rest ready to start t11 with a few blues, jp 359's, and za/zg epics.

also, this way i don't have to sit around all day waiting for the scheduled raid time with the guild. instead of doing boring ass dailies for the millionth time, i could go do a raid and actually have some fun playing the game.

anyway. but yea, there will be some bad experiences like the LFG tool has had, but there will also be some good ones in that same respect.