15+ Year Old Account
    I ignore them as well, unless rip/mangle/rake are up on fandral, and I need to refresh SR. About it. Otherwise, not my problem!

Also... FIRE CAT RAWR . Finally

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wondering if anyone has tried the addon "Reforge Lite" that MMO recently posted on the front page. I downloaded the addon a few days ago and took a look at it. It's pretty nice but the only problem I see is the preset feral druid stat weights seem to be off as its telling me to reforge masteryand drop alot of my haste. Does anyone know what the stat weights would be so I can enter them manually to get the proper setup? thx

Quote Originally Posted by Buwwy View Post
    Wondering if anyone has tried the addon "Reforge Lite" that MMO recently posted on the front page. I downloaded the addon a few days ago and took a look at it. It's pretty nice but the only problem I see is the preset feral druid stat weights seem to be off as its telling me to reforge masteryand drop alot of my haste. Does anyone know what the stat weights would be so I can enter them manually to get the proper setup? thx
    You can use Mew to generate stat weights but bear in mind that your weights will change once you do the reforging.

I'd say once you employ a program like Mew or Rawr, you plan out the reforging before you start/tab to WoW anyway. Don't know about Mew, but Rawr can simulate reforgings.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Deleted
    Anyone else having trouble with decent DPS on Fandral? I can keep up in the top 3 on every other fight, but this one is bleh. :/ I can't get any decent shreds on him at all, especially in the cat phase when he's jumping everywhere. >.< I was naughty and went behind him during the Scorpian phase... :X any suggestions, guys? :/

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    I'd say once you employ a program like Mew or Rawr, you plan out the reforging before you start/tab to WoW anyway. Don't know about Mew, but Rawr can simulate reforgings.
    You can sim reforging with Mew by manually editing the involved stats. At least that's what I think you're talking about; Mew doesn't actually go out and tell you how to optimally reforge your gear set.

I recommend using the Reforge addon (while playing in window) featured in the past week or so. Give it some weights, and it'll automatically give you the numbers if you were to reforge your gear. Hell of a lot cheaper/faster than actually doing it then scraping from battle.net, and a lot faster than trying to do the calculations by something else, excluding perhaps Rawr.

The one peeve I have with Mew though is that you can't have an empty field, which is *extremely* annoying when trying to completely replace a field.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chellybear View Post
    Anyone else having trouble with decent DPS on Fandral? I can keep up in the top 3 on every other fight, but this one is bleh. :/ I can't get any decent shreds on him at all, especially in the cat phase when he's jumping everywhere. >.< I was naughty and went behind him during the Scorpian phase... :X any suggestions, guys? :/
    RTFM. Or - in this case - the thread(s). It's been asked many times before. Just put some effort in your search, it'll be there.

Deleted
    Like Steellynx said, read the forums. But to make it shorter:
    - in Scorpion phase: You can shred and still soak the damage, just stand right after the big pincers.
    - in Cat phase: You have a lot of time to position when Staghelm jumps so generally you should be behind him anyway most of the phase.

Deleted
    www.wowreforge.com is what I've been using, with custom stat weights.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterNewbie View Post
    You can sim reforging with Mew by manually editing the involved stats. At least that's what I think you're talking about; Mew doesn't actually go out and tell you how to optimally reforge your gear set.
    There's a reason for that... most people end up misusing EPs/RSVs. Yawning explained here http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopi...4&p=3129#p3129

Quote Originally Posted by Lyren View Post
    I recommend using the Reforge addon (while playing in window) featured in the past week or so. Give it some weights, and it'll automatically give you the numbers if you were to reforge your gear. Hell of a lot cheaper/faster than actually doing it then scraping from battle.net, and a lot faster than trying to do the calculations by something else, excluding perhaps Rawr.

The one peeve I have with Mew though is that you can't have an empty field, which is *extremely* annoying when trying to completely replace a field.
    Sorry about that, the fix for that is in the pipeline.
    On a side note, I've written a Chardev importer for Mew, which will be integrated into Mew soon once a few stuff within it is fixed, so it should technically be easier to make changes to your character and have it imported into Mew.
    Ideally of course, we would have a paperdoll feature in Mew itself, but that requires a bit more work in areas where Yawning and myself aren't exactly experienced in. We had another developer working on that but he's gone MIA. Anyone else any good with Java based UI?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekthelion View Post
    Like Steellynx said, read the forums. But to make it shorter:
    - in Scorpion phase: You can shred and still soak the damage, just stand right after the big pincers.
    - in Cat phase: You have a lot of time to position when Staghelm jumps so generally you should be behind him anyway most of the phase.
    Dziekuje I did actually look, but all I could find was "OMG I GOT MY STAFF OFF FANDRAL" pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by Macor View Post
    And Zheryn you can but you would like to drop some of your hit/exp especially coz you won't miss too much or get dodged/parried attacks, and drop mastery also than it should be fine. Also you can switch hands enchant for 50 exp. And i think your investing VPs in wrong parts hoping for BH drops since ring+relic is 1950VPs just a bit more and you could have bought legs and get nearer to 4t12 since you have shoulders already, but that's just personal i personally bought tier 1st coz no luck in BH with drops.
    Tip: grab Martix if you can its damn good trink with insane uptime
    Ah yeah thanks for the answer. I will try to get the matrix. I'll explain my thinking about what to buy from VPs :P

Our druid tank was in big need of the offset helmet from FL so I wouldn't get that. Altho he already bought t12 legs so I would be the only one wanting Beth'ilac legs, and I didn't feel like it was necessary to rush for 4t12. I think it's a bigger DPS upgrade to save those 3850 VPs that legs and gloves would cost and instead get beth legs and use t11 head + gloves for 2t112t12 and be able to afford ring/relic/neck instead since I didn't think 4t12 would be that much greater bonus than 2t11 and with the second option I would upgrade 3 items to 378 instead of only gloves (assuming beth legs will actually drop soon after 7 weeks not dropping).

Maybe 4t12 is a bigger upgrade anyway? Also, if I were to get lucky in BH it would put me way ahead if I hadn't bought legs or gloves. I also don't like to see loot from raids not being used if beth legs were to drop and both of us had bought t12 legs already.

Speaking of BH, I were writing this boss while waiting for BH group to get filled, and guess what dropped when I'm the only feral? t12 gloevs! So now I will have to rethink some. I'm currently running head+legs t11 and rest t12. I can afford t12 legs right now but then I would have to talk to our tank and see if we can change it so I get offset helmet and he gets t12 helmet or something.

Yeah, I'll buy legs for 4t12 and get offset helmet and I'll pass t12 helmet to our tank. So here we go 4set bonus, time to try it out!

Ideally of course, we would have a paperdoll feature in Mew itself, but that requires a bit more work in areas where Yawning and myself aren't exactly experienced in. We had another developer working on that but he's gone MIA. Anyone else any good with Java based UI?
    Is it just Swing/AWT? I've done a few years of dev with it, mostly focusing on simple 2d graphics for data display/analysis. Currently doing C# winforms and GDI+, which is still close enough. I know it'd be cool to see an average dps over time chart along with the 'big' events as recorded by the simulator (instead of just a text log), such as seeing when it's using trinkets, TF, bleeds, etc. Knowing your average dps is nice, seeing how to reach it is even better, and makes it a very good supplement to guides.

I personally don't think a paperdoll a la Rawr will help Mew; it would just distract. Something simple like Reforge would be a lot better. The only case where it would help is with trinkets as typically you aren't swapping out armor slots. Even if you are, testing reforge changes would give you a very good idea as to which items are going to be better, and you can do a re-import.

www.wowreforge.com is what I've been using, with custom stat weights.
    It can't even find my character =\ Is it not using the new API perhaps?
    Last edited by Lyren; 2011-08-17 at 11:26 AM.

Deleted
    I guess.. it was working yesterday, now it's broken

Edit: and they fixed it, it's working again.
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2011-08-18 at 06:48 AM.

so, im i crazy or does UW still kick ass in us server?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    no UW is nerfed on ALL servers now
    Gaming Rig:
    Intel i5 3570k OC @4.5 / Asrock Extreme 4 Z77 / Corsair Vengance 1600 ddr3 (16gigs) / Crucial M4 128gig (system/games), 1tb Western Digital 7,200 (file drive) / AMD Radeon 7950 / Corsair Carbide 600t / Seasonic M12II 620w / Asus 24inch LCD / Windows 7 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by Lyren View Post
    Is it just Swing/AWT? I've done a few years of dev with it, mostly focusing on simple 2d graphics for data display/analysis. Currently doing C# winforms and GDI+, which is still close enough. I know it'd be cool to see an average dps over time chart along with the 'big' events as recorded by the simulator (instead of just a text log), such as seeing when it's using trinkets, TF, bleeds, etc. Knowing your average dps is nice, seeing how to reach it is even better, and makes it a very good supplement to guides.
    Currently we are using Apache Pivot API for the UI. The plan was to use Swing for the paperdoll, and Ceridan has done some work on that already. The source code is available at the repository if you would like to take a look at it, the wiki pages has a guide on quickly setting things up.

I personally don't think a paperdoll a la Rawr will help Mew; it would just distract. Something simple like Reforge would be a lot better. The only case where it would help is with trinkets as typically you aren't swapping out armor slots. Even if you are, testing reforge changes would give you a very good idea as to which items are going to be better, and you can do a re-import.
    The thing about reforge optimizers is they depend on the EPs. There are 3 ways to get EPs.
    1. Static EP - Very fast, but terribly inaccurate as long as EPs change with gear
    2. EPs calculated from Formulation - Fast, but accuracy is only as good as the Formulation's accuracy
    3. EPs calculated from Simulations - Slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow, but way more accurate

Whereas with methods 1 or 2 you can test thousands of reforge settings per second, with method 3 you are looking at a few seconds, or even minutes (for more accuracy) for one reforge setting.

I think post about 4t12 should be changed on first page, as even without a single piece of 391 gear - it already gives me 700+ dps (on mew it shows as +900 fully raidbuffed 25men raid)
    Tested yesterday on Bethilac 10 normal mode (climbing on top p1).
    1-st berserk, no pot, no bl. duration 39 sec
    2-nd berserk during p2, used bl and pot duration 41 sec
    Both time only used finishers with 5 cp. have matrix/hungerer, hit/exp cap, rest max reforge to haste, shred/rake crits were ~38-40% so its not lucky crit fight

So overall i got berserk time increase from 50 sec to 80 sec, guess that worth more than 600 dps, and will increase even more on full 391+ gear

Deleted
    Hey Mihir, this is me http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...urinh/advanced
    could you please check my reforge/gemming option and comment about that? i would like to know if i did anything wrong.