Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    Blizzard redid all 1-60 content which is pretty much all solo except the dungeons. Blizzard also did Gilneas, which is completely pointless for non worgens or worgens above lvl 10.

Blizzard > you and stop acting like class quests take 10000 hours, Blizzard is just greedy which they have proves a lot during this expansion and 900k players agree.
    No need to tell me there is too much single player content in the game as it is man. You forgot about the goblin starting zone btw, which we cannot even reach. Then again, here we go AGAIN with the ZONES. We are discussing QUESTS here, are we not? How is a RACE starting zone the same as a SINGLE CLASS QUEST CHAIN. This cannot be THAT hard, is it now?
    Those 900 are just the tards that yelled that WotLK was to easy and then quit because blizzard listened to them and made raiding and gearing "hard" again (turns out NOT feeding players epics makes them go QQ harder then giving them for free to them). These forums create a HUGE pile of hate (and always HAVE done that) towards the game, especially by people not even playing the game anymore (check the poll from a few days back!). Luckily Blizzard doesn't rely on this site only (altough I am sure that they read stuff), something you seem to do a tad too much.
    See, I can make up facts too. Mine are better then yours though. That is a fact.
    Well, who is right now? Me? Or you? Probably me.
    Last edited by mmoc821be1b508; 2011-08-23 at 01:41 PM. Reason: I am done with this :3

"Meaningful difference" simply means that the next expansion is coming spring 2012 my guess somewhere between end Feb/start March and mid May.

Releasing content patches for Cataclysm is beating a dead horse, since outside of raiding, there is nothing to do. Not a single expansion up to that point was so boring, even Wrath, yesyou would hang in Dalaran a lot, but you would still go do stuff outside of it simply because the content was coherent and connected. Here if I port to Uldum I'm stuck there and the only way to get to another 80+ zone is to heartstone or take a 30minute flight.

At the moment the shelf boxes of Cataclysm in stores could carry a sticker that reads "Orgrimmar/Stormwind and summon to raid instance." cause that really describes the state of the game perfectly.
    Last edited by F-Minus; 2011-08-23 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    didnt outland get a exp nerf when cata came out but i do agree with northrend needing 1
    OUtland got a xp nerf when wrath came around the corner and wrath got an 20% xp nerf, I agreee northrend need to be faster but Outland is perfectly fine it take 1hour per level sometime an hour an a half.

At this rate, the next expansion is going to have 2 content patches. Pretty weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    Translation: Blizzard are lazy.
    Have you already doen the shaman and druid class quest, it was long and fucking boring, never did the quest for aquatic form lamest chain quest ever for th most ugly shit to have ever happened in all man creation , damn that aquatic mount is ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Weenietot View Post
    At this rate, the next expansion is going to have 2 content patches. Pretty weak.
    Unlikely.

They just focused time revamping the old 1-60 zones for Cataclysm and spent less time developing fresh content for 80-85+ and this is something that can not be easily patched away. That's why they will switch to a new expansion soon which will purely focus on 85-90+(95+) content and this should bring harmony to WoW again.

There was really no need for a 1-60 zone revamp aside from people wanting to fly there, but they approached it differently changing quests, adding quests, completely changing the layout of some zones, and this all could be level 80-85+ content but instead it's content which really doesn't matter at all for majority of the people who play the game to max the level and do stuff at max level. Imho it was a mistake, I could live without flying in Azeroth and more stuff to do in new Cataclysm zones and most importantly more new zones/raids/dungeons from the get-go.

Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    OUtland got a xp nerf when wrath came around the corner and wrath got an 20% xp nerf, I agreee northrend need to be faster but Outland is perfectly fine it take 1hour per level sometime an hour an a half.

70-80 is 1 hour per level also

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    Have you already doen the shaman and druid class quest, it was long and fucking boring, never did the quest for aquatic form lamest chain quest ever for th most ugly shit to have ever happened in all man creation , damn that aquatic mount is ugly.
    When people talk about class quests they mostly don't mean those "do long quest chain to get skill x" lines (and I agree water totem quest was fucking terrible). They mostly mean the AWESOME epic class quests Hunters and Priests (and to a lesser extent Warriors with Quel'Serrar) had in vanilla Wow. Those were insanely well done especially compared to regular quests at the time.

Priests had to save countless citizens escaping from Stratholm while the whole group and the priest were bombarded by skelleton archers, and got Benediction/Anathema (which was awesome because it could transform between shadowpriest and healing priest staff, and it's unique model screamed "I'm a priest and I'm fucking good at it).

Hunters had to kill 4 unique elite demons around the world, where they (AFAIK) had to use all their different skills, one demon had to be kited like hell because he would oneshot you, another had to be trapped, etc.

Those class quests teached you not only the advanced class skills, they also had epic stories and real rewards.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DissPanda View Post
    I'm guessing that they mean that it's not like "Well, 1 year in terms of lore has passed, but guess what? That tower that's being fixed infront of Org still isn't finished". I guess it means that it'll be like "We want the timeline to fit with the changes of the world". So maybe we'll see the Park fixed sooner than we'd think.

I'm kind of hoping the "meaningful" difference has to do with the fact that we just KILLED the earth warder and as a result it somehow allows the old gods to start creeping out again. The event could start off nice and creepy/small with people hearing ingame whispers all throughout azeroth and progress with people going mad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Truthahn View Post
    Class quests are a huge time sink, with all that money and effort wasted for a single run for just 1 class. And THAT is my real problem with class quests.
    Why the hell would you make an investment like the DK starting zone for every single class? So we can all play trough it just once? That doesn't seem to be a very good model for an MMO.
    Clearly you know nothing about the art of game design, so I'll educate you.

Simply put, they add flavor and variety. Things like class-specific (and even race-specific) content do nothing but add value to a game. Even if it's only 10 or 15 quests spread out over 80 levels, it keeps a player interested, because in their mind they're seeing content specifically made for them ("oh shit, the Silver Hand suspects demons are masquerading as fellow paladins?? what can I do to help?" or "Garrosh wants to know what Sylvanas is really up to, but he won't trust anyone but a fellow orc." (the latter could also be interesting if it were only made available upon honored/revered rep, but I digress) ). And if the stories are well-composed and compelling enough, maybe they'll want to see what the stories are for the rest of the classes and/or races (which, in business terms means they play more and they play longer, and as a result, the business makes more money).
    (Additionally, as an ancillary benefit, it would also work towards preventing those who like to reroll new toons from wanting to gouge their eyes out from the sheer amount of linearity the current incarnation of quest flow practically forces...)

Although, seeing as you have such a big problem with any quests that are specific to a certain class, I suppose you also share the same distaste for racial starting zones, and maybe even Horde- and Alliance-specific quests as well, seeing as how they prevent half of the player-base from experiencing the content and all (the horror!). Perhaps we should just reshape the world - again - and instead of continents and zones, just make it one giant sandbox (literally). We'll make every new character spawn in the exact same location, regardless of affiliation (in fact, why not just get rid of all affiliations whatsoever), and have access to all the same groups of quests. After all, that's the most efficient way to design a game, right...

In closing, it's a very good model for an MMORPG. It seems you're looking for something, though, that questing just doesn't provide. (Seeing as how all (non-repeatable) quests can only be consumed once per character, proper class-specific quests would be no different as every class would have them.)
    Maybe an MMORPG just isn't for you. (and there's nothing wrong with that) *shrug*

As my guild has slowly broken down over the last 6 months, this "news" offers nothing for any of us to return. We all went our own way, back to old games, or new FTP games. AoC, DnD, LotR, EVE, Wakfu, CO, LOL; some have even been lucky enough to be in SWTOR beta. This was news like 2 weeks ago, and I know damn well this is all we will have for Blizzcon. Epic fight ... ra ra ra, 3 new 5 man dungeons, transmogrification, death wing... And then just like Sunwell ... more filler content after Deathwing.

unfortunately i didnt get to see much of Ulduar except the weekly in Dalaran and only made it up to the cat lady boss. When the raid came out my hunter was lvl 80 and i went to lvl my DK and gear him. Next thing I know ToGC came out and ICC was almost finished then Cata was here. They do release these expansions too early o well
    Last edited by Goretex; 2011-08-23 at 02:44 PM. Reason: typo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scratches View Post
    Clearly you know nothing about the art of game design, so I'll educate you.

Simply put, they add flavor and variety. Things like class-specific (and even race-specific) content do nothing but add value to a game. Even if it's only 10 or 15 quests spread out over 80 levels, it keeps a player interested, because in their mind they're seeing content specifically made for them ("oh shit, the Silver Hand suspects demons are masquerading as fellow paladins?? what can I do to help?" or "Garrosh wants to know what Sylvanas is really up to, but he won't trust anyone but a fellow orc." (the latter could also be interesting if it were only made available upon honored/revered rep, but I digress) ). And if the stories are well-composed and compelling enough, maybe they'll want to see what the stories are for the rest of the classes and/or races (which, in business terms means they play more and they play longer, and as a result, the business makes more money).
    (Additionally, as an ancillary benefit, it would also work towards preventing those who like to reroll new toons from wanting to gouge their eyes out from the sheer amount of linearity the current incarnation of quest flow practically forces...)

Although, seeing as you have such a big problem with any quests that are specific to a certain class, I suppose you also share the same distaste for racial starting zones, and maybe even Horde- and Alliance-specific quests as well, seeing as how they prevent half of the player-base from experiencing the content and all (the horror!). Perhaps we should just reshape the world - again - and instead of continents and zones, just make it one giant sandbox (literally). We'll make every new character spawn in the exact same location, regardless of affiliation (in fact, why not just get rid of all affiliations whatsoever), and have access to all the same groups of quests. After all, that's the most efficient way to design a game, right...

In closing, it's a very good model for an MMORPG. It seems you're looking for something, though, that questing just doesn't provide. (Seeing as how all (non-repeatable) quests can only be consumed once per character, proper class-specific quests would be no different as every class would have them.)
    Maybe an MMORPG just isn't for you. (and there's nothing wrong with that) *shrug*
    So now I hate quests because I do not like quests you can only do on your own? I did the bloody classic Loremaster achievement, I do not mind quests, I just do not want them to be force fed to me during levelling while others cannot do them (like a lot the classic class quests). Nor do I want Blizz to add more single player content, is that a problem? Can normal quest chains we all can do together NOT ever be as fun as a quest chain only a certain class can do? How? Why? I for one had a lot of fun doing the Thrall chain with some friends. Make those quests Blizz, make millions of them, but PLEASE, do NOT make them CLASS SPECIFIC (let alone single player, like the classic quests!), so I can play with my friends. And hell, being able to play with friends is the first thing that should be doable in an mmo, otherwise, it is NOT an mmo.
    Oh, btw, telling someone he cannot like RPG games because he doesn't like the way class quests worked is just plain silly. I do not like this ONE little type of quest, so I hate them all and I should not be playing the game? Rubbish.
    Last edited by mmoc821be1b508; 2011-08-23 at 02:56 PM.

Deleted
    Armor dyes are unlikely to be included in the game, but mount customization is a possibility. If they add this. do you guys thik it will be before or after the dance studio? or maybe in the same patch? one big party patch!

No gold sinks are coming soon because of the large variance in the amount of gold players have.This kills me. Who the heck cares about a large variance. When Wrath came out and I saw people on that awesome repair mammoth it made me want to save until I had the gold to get it. Besides gear and professions there hasn't been jack to just waste gold on forever. Lazy lazy lazy. I really wonder why I still play this game because it just doesn't seem like they give a damn.

Battle.net account wide achievements are still in the works.
    Lovely, this is something i'd like very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Gekku View Post
    Armor dyes are unlikely to be included in the game, but mount customization is a possibility. If they add this. do you guys thik it will be before or after the dance studio? or maybe in the same patch? one big party patch!
    remember mate, thats what you like, what about others ?
    i personally love class specific quests or single ones, i love to discover that. but everyone has a taste.

10+ Year Old Account
    # The shared 10 and 25 man lockout has had both positive and negative effects, it solved the need to do both every week but removed some extra content that could be done every week. Some changes will be made in the future to make everyone happier with the solution.
    I hope this means normal and heroic mode will no longer share the same lock-out at some point in the future, or that doing normal in 25 and heroic in 10 may be a possibility, assuming you can only do heroic in 1 or the other (depending on which you choose)

Looking forward to that world event!

Deleted
    Well.....i hope that the Deathwing Raid would be realy epic and needs also on normal mode quite a few ids to clear (even for top-guilds). And what would be also interessting are the 3 new 5man instances.....lets hope, that they would be completely different from all what exists in wow uptodate.