Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I've only played BM, because I like how it is. I'm still competitive in DPS compared to others. And its my alt so I don't care to min-max on which DPS spec I should be playing, instead I'm playing what I enjoy playing. Also like that I have my spirit beasts, devilsaurs and corehounds :P.

[QUOTE=BleedingHollowVeteran;12852933]Link for what Althalus is talking about here. --> Clicky

Tnx m8 for adding the link.

And sticky plox

Just noticed you listed the 35 agi enchant and not the 130 agi enchant for weapon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiera View Post
    Just noticed you listed the 35 agi enchant and not the 130 agi enchant for weapon.
    Fixed now, thanks. >.<

Made me want to bring my hunter back to life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedingHollowVeteran View Post
    What's wrong is that people are still in the WotLK mindset and refuse to acknowledge that BM is doing very well again.[COLOR="red"]
    I see where your coming from a lot of people have the lulnub bm attitude which is terrible, but what your saying isnt great either.
    BM is in a good place and versus hunter to hunter it can vary as to whether it is #1 or not, but whether it's #1 against a hunter using intellect, or #1 against a hunter who is 7/7 and knows his stuff is a different case.

Typically marks should outdo surv and BM, this varies with player due to skill in the certain spec, but marks is no.1 and anyone who ignored it isn't doing their raid justice, i used to clear 21k+ as bm on ragnaros attempts into P3, but as marks im 23k+ this is the case shown by site's that show the current dps of spec's in firelands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demios View Post
    Typically marks should outdo surv and BM, this varies with player due to skill in the certain spec, but marks is no.1 and anyone who ignored it isn't doing their raid justice, i used to clear 21k+ as bm on ragnaros attempts into P3, but as marks im 23k+ this is the case shown by site's that show the current dps of spec's in firelands.
    Last week on our kill I did 21.4k as BM, I believe I did one attempt as MM and was at 24k. I see what you're saying there. But 1k - 3k DPS isn't really a game breaker. On fights where MM can stand still a for long periods of time you will obviously see it go through the roof simply because you can swap out your 2 Arcane Shots for an Aimed Shot. But other than that, the specs are all on the same level pretty much.

In my current gear, according to FD... BM is 400 below MM and SV is 1005 below MM. But FD cannot be taken for 100% accuracy since that's Patchwerk style.. So really we shouldn't be seeing a HUGE difference between between the specs like many make it out to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonaxiano View Post
    So whit all players at the top testing this and tell us they avrg dps over BM is like 2k i should belive a random hunter?

And another thing tell me why none of the top rated guilds done go whit any BM hunters.
    lolwut? Kripparrian says hello.

as a fresh hunter with some 359ivl gear i salute u for this guide
    MM is getting boring

Stickied. Good guide.

Biggest BM tip for me was to turn off prowl on my pet. At the pull trying to use KC while your pet dash/prowl can make you miss the second low cost KC during BW.

/castsequence !Aspect of the Hawk, !Aspect of the Fox
    I prefer that macro cause I found myself aspect-less when trying to switch at the wrong times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 3clipse View Post
    Stickied. Good guide.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Royalite View Post
    Biggest BM tip for me was to turn off prowl on my pet. At the pull trying to use KC while your pet dash/prowl can make you miss the second low cost KC during BW.

/castsequence !Aspect of the Hawk, !Aspect of the Fox
    I prefer that macro cause I found myself aspect-less when trying to switch at the wrong times.
    I kinda figured that everyone had Prowl/Spirit Walk off by default. But I'll add that.

I'll also update the Hawk/Fox Macro.

---------- Post added 2011-08-24 at 09:27 PM ----------

Large update. Took me forever, But it's done! Hopefully it's easier to view now. All suggestions are welcome!
    Last edited by Serj Tankian; 2011-08-24 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonaxiano View Post
    So whit all players at the top testing this and tell us they avrg dps over BM is like 2k i should belive a random hunter?

And another thing tell me why none of the top rated guilds done go whit any BM hunters.
    The top bleeding edge raiders will also jump through fiery hoops of doom and spent 50k gold for 0.5% damage increase. You can't always trust what the players at the very top say since it only holds true for players who compete in that arena and that mindset of if a spec is 2% under, it's useless. Kripparian also raids BM and he's in Paragon.

For your generic raider, BM can do fine. Optimal? No. It needs a buff for sure. Certain fights like Beth are downright painful as BM as well. But the spec can still be used on the other 6 fights with good results and the difference between the specs (other buffs provided) isn't enough for your generic raider to forgo playing the spec they enjoy.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2011-08-24 at 10:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    Kripparian also raids BM and he's in Paragon.
    Kripparrian isn't in Paragon, I believe you're thinking of Devai.

Edit: Just checked to make sure Devai was the BM I was thinking of and he's no longer running a BM spec. Kripparrian however is still running with a BM spec.
    Last edited by Serj Tankian; 2011-08-24 at 11:37 PM.

I has a question. The 13% haste cap you mention..is that with or without Pathfinding? I'm currently sitting at 16.47% haste(with Pathfinding) which is the 1674 haste rating cap. Am I doing it right? :O (I'm assuming so judging by Kripparrian)

10+ Year Old Account
    That's with Pathfinding, your Haste Rating should be around 1650.

So yes, that is correct.

Awesome, thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    nice guide! i just offspec'd into BM and went off of ur guide. but my question is when exactly should I prepot? only for boss fights or for trash also?
    and is it a good idea to macro ur pot usage to other macros, like for say my rapid fire macro.

which is
    /cast rapid fire
    /cast the orc racial
    / use trinket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malakath View Post
    and is it a good idea to macro ur pot usage to other macros, like for say my rapid fire macro.

which is
    /cast rapid fire
    /cast the orc racial
    / use trinket.
    Thanks. You should only prepot for Bosses, I assume someone over vent says something like "Pulling in 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1"..

This assumes you already have Hunter's Mark up like most Hunters do.
    I pop my Tol'vir at 2sec before pull, Send pet in, blow Bestial Wrath, Kill Command, Spam Arcane Shot, Kill Command, another 2 or 3 Arcane Shots.
    Rapid Fire macro, get a few Cobra's off, Kill Command, a few Arcane Shots... Basically just the standard priority from that point on. Unless Bestial Wrath is active.

Rapid Fire macro, I do not macro my Tol'virs to this, nor can you. Since it's on the GCD. Your macro should look something like this...

Code:
    /use 13
    /use 14
    /cast Rapid Fire
    /cast Blood Fury
    /run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    I'm not personally an Orc right now, but that macro should work.

15+ Year Old Account
    This probably sounds like a daft question, but is the opening post says that Orc's make the best BM hunter, or Dwarves. I'm assuming Orc's but I just want to ensure I'm not reading it wrong in some way.