View Poll Results: Will you still play with no new gameplay?

Voters
380. This poll is closed
  • Yes?

224 58.95%
  • No?

156 41.05%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    You need a maybe option. Cause i may if GW2 is out and not as fun as i think

Deleted
    What op want? FPS on WOW? For me Wow have the best gameplay out there. The problem is that the game is a bit old and hard to improve. But in the end I'm raider and sometimes I pvp. So I only want more fight like firelands style. Refreshing and fun. For pvp new Bgs 10m for rated bgs and some improve on old ones.
    If they only do that I will buy it.

i`ll be playing TOR or GW2, i`ll probably buy it to hang out with some friends, and might play a bit more if they add a lot more cross realm features. but to be honest after playing for so long, everything is just the same thing over and over with such AMAZING features like archaeology, and all of their money being dumped into Titan, well... I don`t see this expansion being any better than Cata.

for me this is the expansion that`ll really, really make or break their game, that`s my opinion. this expansion will be "we are going to put time, effort and money into this game" or "we`ll just rush these expansions together every year like a CoD game with as little effort as possible".

Michael Bay should be brought on board to develop the next WoW expac.

Needs more FIRE EXPLOSIONS AND BOOBS!!!.

Im sorry, but some people really just expect way too much out of Blizzard, they develop a game for our entertainment. And it has been entertaining, if you dont enjoy it...stop playing.

It just saddens me when people smugly assume that somehow blizzard has a obligation to "Impress them".

That said. still will play, it will suprise me if they dont add anything new, but at the same time. wont suprise me if they dont. lol...

Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze148 View Post
    It just saddens me when people smugly assume that somehow blizzard has a obligation to "Impress them".

That said. still will play, it will suprise me if they dont add anything new, but at the same time. wont suprise me if they dont. lol...
    Woah wait what? Yeah they do if they don't try to get our attention and our money then they pretty much failed as a developer and for someone who makes a highly addictive video game they sure aren't doing a very good job at keeping the addicts addicted. Partially it's the players fault with not knowing what we want from the game half the time, partially it's the developers fault like reading the whole "Deathwing raid will be smaller than Ulduar" made me facepalm.

People have a threshold for tolerance some meet it faster than others some stick to their convictions even when they're the last ones left, it just goes to show how long the game has been around and changed

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopajoo View Post
    No. I had fun in Cata, don't get me wrong. But the next expansion pack is going to have to be pretty cool for me to actually want to go through all of that again. I've played since vanilla and I had a lot of fun watching the community devolve into sacks of angry potatoes. I'm fairly sure that my days in WoW are just about over.
    Pretty much this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelcor View Post
    Woah wait what? Yeah they do if they don't try to get our attention and our money then they pretty much failed as a developer and for someone who makes a highly addictive video game they sure aren't doing a very good job at keeping the addicts addicted. Partially it's the players fault with not knowing what we want from the game half the time, partially it's the developers fault like reading the whole "Deathwing raid will be smaller than Ulduar" made me facepalm.

People have a threshold for tolerance some meet it faster than others some stick to their convictions even when they're the last ones left, it just goes to show how long the game has been around and changed
    Yeah after i posted i realised how it must have come off. I was meaning more from the angle that some people post with a sense of entitlement that Blizzard has to do things to Impress them all the time, and are the same people who scream bloody murder when Blizzard actually does implement something into the game that is new.

What i more meant is that the CORE gameplay of WoW is always going to be the same no matter what they add to the game, and thats the way it is. This game will always revolve around grouping up, casting spells, killing bosses, rinse and repeat. I just dont see what people expect blizzard to do to impress them so much from an MMO? . If this gameplay is something you are bored with, try something else?.

Granted, as a games developer they havent really brought much of new content to the table with Cata. But for me any rate the game is still fun. Been playing since 2006, and if they release the same game again, with new zones races etc i will still be happy. But in saying that, if they did manage to do something new and exciting to bring back the player base. all the best to them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    They don't have anything else offer; Most veterans will agree that there is nothing much left to give us, It's the same game we been playing with more tweaks and such. That includes boss encounters with the exception of Lord Ryalolith

There's nothing left to add =/
    Think this hits the biggest point. The WoW engine can only do so much, and I don't think they can really squeeze anything new in terms of mechanics or gameplay features. That said, I'm just a guy who plays games, not makes them, so they (the people who are actually paid to make this game) might be able to come up with something new. I just doubt it.

And to answer the question, yeah, I probably would.

Deleted
    Consider this.

We first have Star Wars: The Old republic which innovates the story part of MMOs in general and is a whole new part of Star Wars.

Then more importantly we have Guild Wars 2 which i 'think' (opinion) looks amazing and that game is going in directions never seen before. e.g. No normal quests and the dynamic events i'm extremely excited about, the dynamic combat, it looks amazing and again it's new. On top of that you pay for it ONCE, so you cannot go wrong.

WoW while being the game i've played most in my life, and has been an amazing game simply doesn't hold it own with me anymore. A few reasons, i've played for so long, also nothing new has come to the game for years now and ok fine but now is the time to innovate. I gather that alot of people share my point of view and the fact is if it stays as Raids, dailys and pvp then why would i come back when there are other games that do more?

After 7 years WoW needs a graphical and physics overhaul and new game systems need to come into play, or they need to launch a new mmo skeleton entirely.

The fact is, if WoW doesn't change alot of people will a. not come back or b. unsubscribe and find the new exciting MMOs on the horizon.

Lastly, it's highly unlikely either Guild Wars 2 or SWTOR will gain WoWs sub numbers any time soon but that DOES NOT mean wow is the better game, it just means it has its established player base, but that won't last forever so they need to freshen up the game.

What does new gameplay even mean?

They add new features quite often, but this isn't necessarily linked to a new expansion.

Do you expect them to add a FPS component to the game or something?

What gameplay you want from MMORPG beside raiding,pvp,farm loot? I can't see any other can escape from this pattern too.

You do realize that all of these new and shiny MMOs that people are so hyped over are going to include the same thing. That is the nature of MMOs, you grind, and then you grind, then you finish it all off by grinding a little more. All gimmicks aside that is exactly what these new MMOs will include, like i said that is the nature of the MMO genre. To think otherwise would be pretty naive.

Deleted
    Saying GW2 will fail has no basis, the point is with several aspects they are doing huge innovation, mostly the dynamic events which is a whole new way of involving yourself in the world without all this talking to quest givers which isnt realisitic or fun. Running into a constantly changing area and joining numerous players in the battle while gaining rewards is satisfying and how mmos should be. Wow is far too personal i think, and this shows the gw2 team wants to the the mmo back into it. 100 players boss battles, great combat and many other things will at least make me and my wife and for sure many others try GW2. It's all about innovation, and maybe blizzard just cant change wow so much and thats fine, but i won't be playing it.

to matters: That is right but as i said gw2 aims to do it differently and thats the killer, its different and should be involving and that's enough. Personally i don't like raiding as it is, pvp bores me and in general im bored of WoW so nothing would make me go back however i do miss my MMO game, i'll always love MMOs which is why im on the look out for my new one.
    Last edited by mmoc994488aac4; 2011-08-24 at 04:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Yes, I would. I like raiding.

That said, it would surprise me if they didn't add new stuff.
    ^ i mean we already know they are trying to add more new stuff with the darkmoon island i can only assume more fun to come

Soooo, you want WoW to be nothing more than squishy humans talking and American army dickwaving?

On Topic- I'd still play WoW. It's my time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    That's the problem, I don't think they have anything else to add within
    That's probably why they get paid to design video games and you don't.

I think they might take another attempt at the "Path of the Titans" idea, the whole max-level character advancement thing. Might keep things a little more interesting. Other than that, we'll have to wait until Blizzcon to find out probably.

Okay, so if they add something new, then people will just start bitching about how the new feature/gameplay options is either a waste of time or will ruin/is ruining WoW. If they don't add something new, people bitch and moan about how the game is the same ol' same ol' and how it's dying.

Screw you guys, I'm going home.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    Okay, so if they add something new, then people will just start bitching about how the new feature/gameplay options is either a waste of time or will ruin/is ruining WoW.
    You're forgetting:
    - "this should have been introduced years ago"
    - "why are you copying <insert other game here>?"
    - "this sucks, where's my dance studio / PotT?"
    - "this sucks, remember Vanilla/BC/WotLK/Cata when WoW is good?"
    "Oh yay! Happy little deer!
    Now they can grow up and have ADVENTURES.
    You're swell. "

- Mylune
    (aww... she said I'm swell <3 )

Im sorry, but some people really just expect way too much out of Blizzard, they develop a game for our entertainment. And it has been entertaining, if you dont enjoy it...stop playing.

Not sure what planet you live on but it is the job of any company to "impress" its customers. If they don't do this they lose customers.