View Poll Results: Are enhance shamans Op?

Voters
121. This poll is closed
  • Yes

13 10.74%
  • No

108 89.26%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

You guys think Enhance shamans are op?!

I want to know what other ppl think, i am not only posting this in the MMOCH shaman forums but other forums as well so this wont be a biased result.

I have been playing my shaman for 5 years, since vanilla. Been enhance, i can literally beat anyone in my current realm 1v1, DKS, Ret pallys, mages any spec, warlocks, druids, ( only 1 feral i cant beat ) rogues, (only 1 rogue i cant beat ), Spriest , anything..... here lately with my ability to kite very well and use my very few CD's i can survive for a very long time and win duels, ppl have been saying Enhance is really op, i want to know your opinion shamans, do u rly think Enh shamans are op that they can beat anyone in a duel or is this realm just bad and can't accept the fact that i have mastered my class (5 years)?

because duels matter.

Shamans are middle-the-road fine.
    1v1 doesn't matter. At all.

pop wolves, i pop howl of terror, dot up silence/devour, soul burn hs + spam drain life ftw, gg

Deleted
    As elemental ehn can NEVER beat me. Many have tried and failed

Deleted
    From the PvE side, Enh is just fine right now. maybe a little buff of about 2-3% DPS would be nice, but I'm happy just as it is now since Enh was never stronger than nowadays.
    From PvP side, Enh is like meeeeeeh... you can play it on high rating with decent success, but it's quite difficult and needs some good mates.

Duels...lol... even Blizz themselves said they NEVER EVER bothered balancing 1v1

The poll should instead read "Do I Like Bragging About Dueling?".

for duels with the amount of self heals and ranged interrupts they can be very op against certain classes, but throw them against a smart geared healer and they wont be able to do anything. Because of that reason is why i went ele.

tryd a real prot war?

How is your stunless shaman able to do anything to a warrior 1 vs 1?

Warrior fear takes care of wolves. He has more damage reduction cooldowns. He can interrupt your heals, and he can lock you down with stuns. He has several options to get out of kiting.

Sounds like you haven't fought a good warrior. Or Blood DK. Or feral druid.

No not bragging. Idc about trollz, i got my answer thanks.

Your probably right Herrenos my realm has a lot of bads but i have fought 2k rated wars and ferals and won... with proper kiting you can win, Bdks none 2k yet but they do give me problems.
    Last edited by Wreck7; 2011-08-30 at 04:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Herrenos View Post
    How is your stunless shaman able to do anything to a warrior 1 vs 1?

Warrior fear takes care of wolves. He has more damage reduction cooldowns. He can interrupt your heals, and he can lock you down with stuns. He has several options to get out of kiting.

Sounds like you haven't fought a good warrior. Or Blood DK. Or feral druid.
    When i played enhance i never lost a duel to a warrior, trinket throwdown, SR his CS, tremor his fear (yes it gets ur wolves out) and he cant interrupt insta heals now can he?... good warriors put up a challenge but if u know what ur doing as enhance 9 times out of 10 youll win.
    "Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle jack off a horse."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muji8u View Post
    pop wolves, i pop howl of terror, dot up silence/devour, soul burn hs + spam drain life ftw, gg
    Tremor Totem would like a word with you
    Or, the shaman you've been playing against is just bad.
    Making your GIF Avatar to 20kb is hard. Especially when the original is 504kb

From the PvE side, Enh is just fine right now.
    Except for the fact we have no AoE and most hard modes , guess what, have ADDS! In case you haven't noticed, AoE damage became just as important as single target damage this x-pac. T11 and t12, same story, especially hard modes. And be serious, who would bring a sham over a frost dk or a feral in a 10 man raid? Especially on heroic first kills?
    That and the ol' scaling problems.... yea enhancement PvE isn't quite "just fine".

Quote Originally Posted by Chronnos View Post
    Except for the fact we have no AoE and most hard modes , guess what, have ADDS! In case you haven't noticed, AoE damage became just as important as single target damage this x-pac. T11 and t12, same story, especially hard modes. And be serious, who would bring a sham over a frost dk or a feral in a 10 man raid? Especially on heroic first kills?
    That and the ol' scaling problems.... yea enhancement PvE isn't quite "just fine".
    No on demand high burst AoE maybe, but sticking flameshock on 2 or 3 adds and then hitting Nova every time it comes off cooldown makes for some pretty good aoe.

Enhance is good at dueling and thats it. It pretty much blows in arena.

but sticking flameshock on 2 or 3 adds and then hitting Nova every time it comes off cooldown makes for some pretty good aoe.
    Did you try it? And not just on dummies, i mean a real raid situation. It doesn't work for several reasons:

1. FS on 3 adds takes a minimum of 15/18 sec depending on your spec;
    2. Trying to target and to always face a mob in a pack of 10 adds with all kind of graphics from other AoE going on right at your feet is next to impossible if you want no downtime;
    3. FS'ing properly requires a mouseover macro;
    4. By the time you apply 3 FS's the trash is mostly dead from other class's proper Aoe;
    5. A big chunk of the AoE dmg is in fact single target damage (auto attacks, high priority abilities, etc.)

No on demand high burst AoE maybe
    That there is exactly what's wrong, every encounter with adds requires just that: burst AoE!

I think I missed the firelands encounter(heroic or otherwise) that requires us to AoE. Can you point me in the right direction?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltaros View Post
    I think I missed the firelands encounter(heroic or otherwise) that requires us to AoE. Can you point me in the right direction?
    Heroic(and normal) Rhyolith says hi, Heroic(and normal) beth'tilac says hi, Normal (maybe heroic?) Domo says hi (yes there are 2-3 adds that can be AOE'd down, not required but can be... Chain lighting FTW)

How many blizzard employees does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
    None, its working as intended!