Quote Originally Posted by karloz1337 View Post

thats why i avoid that place on tuesdays until ive seen the episode
    I like seeing people's reactions to the new episodes, but people who've played the VN like to spoil. :< They spoiled the next ep or last? Probably the next by the looks of that preview video, I mean, I speculated what they spoiled would happen a few (I think?) weeks ago or so, still sucks. ><

Quote Originally Posted by karloz1337 View Post
    Ga rei Zero spoiler

the scene at the graveyard i still believe they could have depicted with a different approach it if what they wanted was someone confronting kagura about killing the teacher... also the scene at the hospital since it was absolutely necessarily to drown Yomi in despair well at least make something like he stormed in bypassing the doctors and the ones in the room with her should had gone and kick the guy out or something a bit more dramatic but the guy just came in and none told him a thing... I just dont like deus ex machina when there is no need
    That's not a deus ex machina. That term is generally reserved for when everything is resolved by some spontaneous, unforseeable, essentially unjustified twist. Like a decent example is Berserk as a stand-alone anime. The story is going on, we've had a predominantly down-to-earth plot involving political intrigue and warfare...and then the world is engulfed in darkness and the lords of darkness show up and recruit Griffith (yes, I'm aware there's more in the manga; this is just the first anime example that comes to mind). The term literally means "God out of the machine" which is a reference to lowering a guy dressed as a god on pulleys onto the stage to resolve the play.

Anyway, that aside I don't fully understand your frustration with the scene. He is her uncle and probably her legal guardian at that point, so I don't see why they wouldn't let him in by default. Obviously he's scathing with her and storms out after he's vented his spleen but I don't recall anything completely out of kilter with that scene. I think calm, brutal words are a lot more painful to see than a man completely unhinged in rage.

---------- Post added 2011-08-30 at 11:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    My vote still goes to Kurisu doing Okabe's laugh again. Her voice actress just does a great job with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    My vote still goes to Kurisu doing Okabe's laugh again. Her voice actress just does a great job with it.
    Yes, her mad scientist laugh is adorable, I was so happy she did it again.

That's not a deus ex machina. That term is generally reserved for when everything is resolved by some spontaneous, unforseeable, essentially unjustified twist. Like a decent example is Berserk as a stand-alone anime. The story is going on, we've had a predominantly down-to-earth plot involving political intrigue and warfare...and then the world is engulfed in darkness and the lords of darkness show up and recruit Griffith (yes, I'm aware there's more in the manga; this is just the first anime example that comes to mind). The term literally means "God out of the machine" which is a reference to lowering a guy dressed as a god on pulleys onto the stage to resolve the play.

Anyway, that aside I don't fully understand your frustration with the scene. He is her uncle and probably her legal guardian at that point, so I don't see why they wouldn't let him in by default. Obviously he's scathing with her and storms out after he's vented his spleen but I don't recall anything completely out of kilter with that scene. I think calm, brutal words are a lot more painful to see than a man completely unhinged in rage.

---------- Post added 2011-08-30 at 11:17 PM ----------

an deus ex is not necessarily used to resolve something but more like to lead something the way the author wants it to be, like a "divine intervention" just like the scene at the graveyard the author wanted kagura to crack down so he uses a girl being absurd instead of being grateful once again he wanted yomi to be in despair so he lets a ragin uncle walk in freely in a hospital room where a patient just woke up from a 2 months coma...

but still what pisses me off the most is the stupidity of the Ga rei byakuei i checked around and looks like later in the manga kagura gets to use more of its abilities but as its shown in the anime its inferior than ranguren

10+ Year Old Account
    gonna pass all that steins: gate stuff atm , will watch it when the next ep comes out.
    btw i heard it's a bit like chaos: head, is this true? i liked that series so.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    You should check out my link. Oh and by any chance are you in alaska cause that is EXACTLY the same download limit we get here now.

HOLY CRAP someone who's actually seen more anime than me let me tell you that is RARE.
    i know some guys who have seen more anime then me

nah i'm living in belgium, and having a download limit is crap :/

---------- Post added 2011-08-31 at 10:58 AM ----------

Ah, I didn't watch GSG Season 2. I looked at it and read up on it and it was just...bad by comparison to the first season. I didn't want to ruin my favorite show. :X
    season 2 should have a better storyline, but the animations aren't that good. That's what atleast some friends said about it.

@ karlos, ye gonna check out your link later today (going to the barber soon so no time atm)

the anime i'm gonna watch for sure:

gundam age (sunrise + it's mecha)
    Busou shinki moon angel
    Mashiro-iro symphony (school life)
    kyoukai Senjou No Horizon ( again sunrise)
    Kmi to Boku
    fate/zero
    Maken-Ki
    C³ ( C cube/ Cube x Cursed X curious, or whatever you wanna call it )
    Maji de Watashi ni koi Shinasai
    Mirai Nikki
    Boku Wa Tomodachi ga sukunai
    Shana 3

OVA's:
    Deadman wonderland
    Infinite stratos

Ben-to looks intresting so gonna watch it to see if it's any cool.
    Last edited by Millhi; 2011-08-31 at 09:13 AM.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Deleted
    Could have sweared it was the last Episode of Steins;Gate, until those last seconds after the ending came up.

Is it possible to go 6 days in the future, can't wait =(

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synaia View Post
    gonna pass all that steins: gate stuff atm , will watch it when the next ep comes out.
    btw i heard it's a bit like chaos: head, is this true? i liked that series so.

i know some guys who have seen more anime then me

nah i'm living in belgium, and having a download limit is crap :/[COLOR="red"]

LOL yeah it does we USED to have unlimited but then our company switched to finite lousy assholes so we're looking at sacrificing speed for unlimited soon. Oh and we ALL know people who have seen more than us. TBH the only reason i don;t have more on my list is because of 2-3 things.

A. They don't count hentai

B. They don;t count rewathes(some series i've seen over 6 times)

C. They actually don't list some series i've seen.

Oh and D. i do other things like game and go through periods where if ocus on manga or anime

oh yeah another thing is i tend not to count stuff i've seen on TV and also stations like WB cut put here for a time so things like yu gi oh i never got to see on TV.

Oh right i also do buy but when i do i count series i've seen before as unwatched and thus why i rewatch so many on occasion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    LOL yeah it does we USED to have unlimited but then our company switched to finite lousy assholes so we're looking at sacrificing speed for unlimited soon. Oh and we ALL know people who have seen more than us. TBH the only reason i don;t have more on my list is because of 2-3 things.

A. They don't count hentai

B. They don;t count rewathes(some series i've seen over 6 times)

C. They actually don't list some series i've seen.

Oh and D. i do other things like game and go through periods where if ocus on manga or anime

oh yeah another thing is i tend not to count stuff i've seen on TV and also stations like WB cut put here for a time so things like yu gi oh i never got to see on TV.

Oh right i also do buy but when i do i count series i've seen before as unwatched and thus why i rewatch so many on occasion.

the only series i rewatch are, clannad; clannad after story, star driver, Rumbling Hearts and elfen lied, I'm more playing games then watching anime atm (fucking enter button doesn't wanna work :/ edit: works now yay)

i,ve not seen hentai.

We can get unlimited but that means I need to pay like 50euros more then i do now. (around 30 euros now) so cba doing it. my dad just says i'll use the internet even more then i do now.

Most series i've seen on the pc, i've also seen on the pc.
    Not readed manga yet, might aswell do that for my favorite series.

I do have the Limited Edition of clannad game (visual novel), (uncensored one) and some others like soul link,kanon.
    Last edited by Millhi; 2011-08-31 at 10:34 AM.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks to Mangastream, I finally heard about this screw-bally series/game Steins;Gate. Planning on watching the series starting later today.

PS haven't really been following the anime shows in a few years. First one in at least 2 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    the only series i rewatch are, clannad; clannad after story, star driver, Rumbling Hearts and elfen lied, I'm more playing games then watching anime atm (fucking enter button doesn't wanna work :/ edit: works now yay)

i,ve not seen hentai.

We can get unlimited but that means I need to pay like 50euros more then i do now. (around 30 euros now) so cba doing it. my dad just says i'll use the internet even more then i do now.

Most series i've seen on the pc, i've also seen on the pc.
    Not readed manga yet, might aswell do that for my favorite series.

I do have the Limited Edition of clannad game (visual novel), (uncensored one) and some others like soul link,kanon.
    LOL yeah i've seen Gravion about 4-6 times same for godannar Dual about 8-10 times maybe more ZnT about 4-5 times(and i mean all 3 seasons) Lodoss EWar classic about 3 times Betterman 3-5 times silent mobius 4 times maybe more Kyo Kara maoh as in all three seasons 2-3 tenchi muyo 3-6 times tenchi muyo GXP 4-5 times isekai seikishi no monogatari 2 times girls bravo 4 times maburaho 3 times minimum gundam seed 4 times at least it's movies 3-4 times gundam wing OH GOD i guess about 5-7 times maybe more gundam 0083 stardust memory 2-4 times gundam oo80 3-4 times gunadam 08th ms team about 4 times Turn A 2-3 times gundam seed destiny about 2-3 times fushigi yugi OVAS INCLUDED about 4-5times and so on. So yeah imagine if all of that was unique series. Oh and those are just off the top of my head.

But yeah imagine all of those hours to unique series.

As for unlimited we'll actually be paying less all around though again the tradeoff is lower speed. Oh right ai havn;t sen clannad yet not in the mood for it. As for VN i own the original Bible balck game and recently got Demonbane and those are just the well known ones. I really should get clannad VN sometime soon though.

Oh and yeah i also read manga and i also purchase anime i own over 30k worth of anime and manga. So yeah i have a ways to go even just for my backlog.

season 2 should have a better storyline, but the animations aren't that good. That's what atleast some friends said about it.
    Well, it's more that season two entirely drops the essence of the first season. That is, the first season doesn't need or want a plot for what it's doing. A term I've used before to describe it is "existential drama." Since I've written far too much everywhere on this, I'll just save myself time once again and quote:

"What I was more impressed by was the poignancy of the anime. There's not a lot of overt tragedy. Unlike many series where the sadness was driven by the actual fates of the characters there was just a pervasive sense of melancholy about Gunslinger Girl. It was more like the girls acted like a mirror of the world: that it shouldn't be that way, that life shouldn't be brought to this, yet this is how things have turned out. The tragedy didn't belong to one person, but was infused into the very atmosphere of the show."

The second season lacked this in its entirety. They just defaulted to, "Little girls with guns, let's have them kill stuff." Yes it actually has a plot, but what made the first season so subtly powerful is lost.
    Last edited by Neichus; 2011-08-31 at 09:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just started watching the first season of Shugo Chara and I am loving it so far 5 episodes in!

Jus't finished Kanon. It was sad but not nearly as sad as clannad. I still prefer clannad better because I felt like I got to know the characters more before all the sadness hit. Still great anime 10/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laylie View Post
    Jus't finished Kanon. It was sad but not nearly as sad as clannad. I still prefer clannad better because I felt like I got to know the characters more before all the sadness hit. Still great anime 10/10
    wich version of kanon you watched? kanon 2002 or kanon 2006?
    might suggest that you watch Air also, also made of Key (made clannad and kanon). Only 13episodes tho. (OvA's not included)
    You can also try Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien, 13episodes long and also like clannad,kanon,air. There is also a seaso 2 of it but thats just 4episodes long, wich reveals more of the story of one of the protagonists. You can also watch Akane Matrix (something like that), wich is a spin-off serie (4eps) about the sister of one of the protagonists.

@ Neichus, i'll watch both the season's probs and will report back of what i think of them

@sorrior, forgot to mention MM!, the dbz reference episodes are soo funny i keep rewatching the series.
    seems some sites are saying there's gonna be a ZnT season4 in winter 2011 or in 2012 but we'll see about that.

I do know that Code Geass is going to get a season 3 but that's probably gonna be a spin-off (I hope so, as the serie ended very good, and they could just fuck up the story with s3)
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

10+ Year Old Account
    might suggest that you watch Air also, also made of Key (made clannad and kanon). Only 13episodes tho. (OvA's not included)
    You can also try Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien, 13episodes long and also like clannad,kanon,air. There is also a seaso 2 of it but thats just 4episodes long, wich reveals more of the story of one of the protagonists. You can also watch Akane Matrix (something like that), wich is a spin-off serie (4eps) about the sister of one of the protagonists.

@ Neichus, i'll watch both the season's probs and will report back of what i think of them

@sorrior, forgot to mention MM!, the dbz reference episodes are soo funny i keep rewatching the series.
    seems some sites are saying there's gonna be a ZnT season4 in winter 2011 or in 2012 but we'll see about that.

I do know that Code Geass is going to get a season 3 but that's probably gonna be a spin-off (I hope so, as the serie ended very good, and they could just fuck up the story with s3)
    ZnT has been confirmed for Fall 2011 from my understanding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by razisgosu View Post
    ZnT has been confirmed for Fall 2011 from my understanding.
    It was mistakenly announced for October at first but the author later said it will air sometime in 2012
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...lated-for-2012

10+ Year Old Account
    znT s4 wasn't in the fall chart so will be in 2012 like zkizzit posted
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    Thanks to Mangastream, I finally heard about this screw-bally series/game Steins;Gate. Planning on watching the series starting later today.

PS haven't really been following the anime shows in a few years. First one in at least 2 years.
    Glad to see people have been converted to SCIENCE!

Air & kimi ga nozomu eien were 2 big disappointments for me... Air was really nice with Gaoo~ and that i was loving it and then that ending... that was pure bullshit they used the bad/worst ending of the VA i guess and kimi ga nozomu was just an anime version of a soap opera or something not to mention that all the characters were idiots/assholes all of them in their own special way....

im working on an season by season list on MAL since ive only counted most of the times only 1 season of the shows ive seen and almost never the ovas or specials...

anime list e-peen contest well yes...

Now watching kodomo no jikan ovas / TTGL and planning on dropping seto no hanoyome(i enjoy the jokes and plot but fuck i hate annoying characters like that Shell girl not to mention the father... even i can endure the father but that 20+ episodes of that bitch showing up will really be an annoying experience for me)

also checked chikku nee-san and those were some funny 4 mins i wish they make more of that

10+ Year Old Account
    i enjoyed air and kgne, but well everyone has his tastes
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni