Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Does Metzen do every voice in the game now?

Hi guys,

Been away from WoW for a long time now and have been thinking of coming back. Unlike many others, one of the main reasons I left was because I had to hear Metzen voice act just about every character with varying degrees of pitch to his voice. This made it harder and harder for me to suspend my disbelief and finally when I heard him blabbing about pain and agony in the Cataclysm trailer I threw in the towel. Is that still the same in the Cataclysm expansion? Thanks.
    Cataclysm? The Shattering? Are we talking about the expansion or the state of the WoW playerbase?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it is. In fact, the next expansion is going to be called "Mists of Metzen" and is just going to be various mobs with his face stuck on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Traknel View Post
    Yes it is. In fact, the next expansion is going to be called "Mists of Metzen" and is just going to be various mobs with his face stuck on them.
    Wouldn't be all that surprising.

So, in researching this, I remembered Yogg-Saron's cool voice in Ulduar. I wondered who might do such awesome voice work and proceeded to Google it (obviously). Apparently... it's none other than Jelly Jiggler! From Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo!

I will never look at that instance the same. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Traknel View Post
    I probably chuckled a lot harder than I should. Good one.

Effort is for chumps.
    You know that pandas eat bamboo, there. They love the bamboo. You get, eh, you get a panda? And you got a bamboo in your backyard? It'll ruin it. Right? You got bamboo furniture? Well, uh, well, pandas go nuts.

@joholy
    lmfaorofl .....you sir just made my day

That's the good thing when you play a localized version of the game...learn a different language and play the localized version of the game = profit
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    That's the good thing when you play a localized version of the game...learn a different language and play the localized version of the game
    Yeah, because the German version of Onyxia sounds *so* much better than the original one...

Also, I don't think Theralion was voiced by Metzen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joholy View Post

Effort is for chumps.
    This post contains so much win it may just explode.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I totally agree. Some voices may be alright, but a lot of times, it's just him doing his Thrall-impression over and over and over...

I'd rather have the Metzen as a playable race in the next xpac than pandas tbh

Metzen isn't the voice of Deathwing.

Quote Originally Posted by TheProxy View Post
    Metzen isn't the voice of Deathwing.
    But he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Chry View Post
    But he is.
    No, he is not.

My source is an interview with Russell Brower, what's yours ?
    Last edited by Idoru; 2011-09-01 at 08:21 AM.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

God forbid he does voice acting for his own game! :O

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    No, he is not.

My source is an interview with Russel Bower, what's yours ?
    I'm going by internet speculation, and one of the 5 human senses. I would love to see that source of yours though.

Quote Originally Posted by Chry View Post
    I'm going by internet speculation, and one of the 5 human senses. I would love to see that source of yours though.
    They confirmed at Blizzcon 2010 that it wasn't Metzen that voiced Deathwing.

Quote Originally Posted by OriginZero View Post
    They confirmed at Blizzcon 2010 that it wasn't Metzen that voiced Deathwing.
    Must have been off the live cam. (I watched it last year) Still awaiting on that source though, it would be really great to know if he acts it or not.

They said they hired pro voice actors. While Metzen might like his own voice, it's still not THAT many voices he do.