Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Don't know what was on that picture, but it's gone now :P
    lol......... my background pictures was against their rules of what can be on the pictures you upload. its was just a sweet girl sowing some tits

ah well....... just gonna upload one without the background

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    lol......... my background pictures was against their rules of what can be on the pictures you upload. its was just a sweet girl sowing some tits

Pro-tip: Make the move to imgur.com. Much better hosting site for images.
    The only people you have control over is yourself. If you want to make a point, leave proper, factual replies.

So I downgraded back to the GTX 560ti. Mostly because of the slight difference in power consumption. I'll look into some things as things go on, I'm sure.

Though it might be a moot attempt. We'll see.
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2011-09-05 at 10:42 PM.

http://www.vortez.net/articles_pages...er_review.html

Hmm looks nice, beat NH-D14. If the price is good i just may buy this

That's interesting. Might be the out-of-the-box added fan?

I wonder how long it will take before stores here have it in stock. That cooler comes with 2 fans instead of the 3 in the picture, right?

Yeah, I didn't think to double-check the packaging contents before after previous post. =.=

oh lol.
    With the two standard fans it beats the NH-D14 already, if I read the tables right :P

http://www.madshrimps.be/articles/ar...#axzz1X8GaZKQm Another review.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anything it simply looks like a D14 v2.
    D14's earliest reviews date back to Dec 2009. I'm failing to see what's so spectacular about a dual radiator cooler (based almost exactly on the D14's design) that beats it by 1-2C. If it's about setting a new record for air cooling performance, then sure we'll welcome it...but something like this was long overdue :P

Also got a question for Cyanotical regarding GPU waterblocks - you said that reference cards are usually used, but from what I understand most reference PCB's don't allow voltage tuning...so how do people get around overclocking these watercooled beasts?
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2011-09-06 at 02:02 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

oh damn. O.o

To update the firmware though... isn't that kind of a complicated process? Especially if I have Windows installed on it?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I notice you updated your firmware for a bigger boost in read speed, and I wonder how to do that or if thats possible for me^^

I compare with my Vertex 3 max iops against your Crucial M4, and you have better read spead then me =/

http://i.imgur.com/1Eeyl.png

why cant I never learn to make thumbnails =/
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 | AMD FX-8320 @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz Cl9 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Vapor-X GHz Edition |
    XFX ProSeries XXX 850W | Fractal Design Define R4 | Samsung 840 ProSerie 256GB | 3TB HDD

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    oh damn. O.o

To update the firmware though... isn't that kind of a complicated process? Especially if I have Windows installed on it?
    there where no problems with the update........ just DL the update fil from crucial.com and burn it to a cd and boot up on it, and run the update and done

---------- Post added 2011-09-06 at 10:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer1989 View Post
    I notice you updated your firmware for a bigger boost in read speed, and I wonder how to do that or if thats possible for me^^

I compare with my Vertex 3 max iops against your Crucial M4, and you have better read spead then me =/

http://i.imgur.com/1Eeyl.png

why cant I never learn to make thumbnails =/
    firmware for the Vertex 3 max iops can be found here...... but it looks like you can`t update the vertex 3 drives if windows is on it. but maybe someone else with a vertex 3 drive can say something about that?
    http://www.ocztechnology.com/ssd_too...evoDrive_3_X2/
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

To install firmware updates for OCZ SSD's use: http://www.mediafire.com/?6guc3fikcpv8i7c
    It's Toolbox 2.35 instead of 2.37, this allows you to update the firmware while Windows is loaded. Don't accidentally wipe your disk though :P

If it doesn't work, try this

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting my Obsidian 650D and Asus P8P67 WS Revolution today! If I get it too look good I might take a picture or twofifty

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post

http://www.vortez.net/articles_pages...er_review.html

Hmm looks nice, beat NH-D14. If the price is good i just may buy this
    oh lol.
    With the two standard fans it beats the NH-D14 already, if I read the tables right :P

http://www.madshrimps.be/articles/ar...#axzz1X8GaZKQm Another review.
    Eh, beats it where? At low overclocks? A toad might beat it at low overclocks. Crank the 920 up to 4.2-4.4 and see if it's the same story. Or in the second test, put the vCore on higher than 1.3 for the Sandy Bridge.
    Conclusion: The Phanteks' is better at low voltage and on low overclocks. That's all it really says. If they want to compare it to the NH-D14, do it proper. I'm not saying NH-D14 won't ever be surpassed, or that it's necessarily better than this heatsink. I'm just saying they didn't test if it was.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    Eh, beats it where? At low overclocks? A toad might beat it at low overclocks. Crank the 920 up to 4.2-4.4 and see if it's the same story. Or in the second test, put the vCore on higher than 1.3 for the Sandy Bridge.
    Conclusion: The Phanteks' is better at low voltage and on low overclocks. That's all it really says. If they want to compare it to the NH-D14, do it proper. I'm not saying NH-D14 won't ever be surpassed, or that it's necessarily better than this heatsink. I'm just saying they didn't test if it was.
    Is this what you're looking for?

10+ Year Old Account
    Intel Core 2 Duo Mobile T6400
    4GB DDR2
    Radeon Mobility HD4330
    500GB HDD 5400 rpm

Hardcore low settings all day every day

Is this what you're looking for?
    An improvement. But need to tax it further. :P

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    An improvement. But need to tax it further. :P
    Buy one yourself and test ^^ You have the NH-D14 already so you only need to buy one cooler :P

Buy one yourself and test ^^ You have the NH-D14 already so you only need to buy one cooler :P
    I'm quite content with what I have, thanks! ^^ (Actually considering selling my comp and not build me a new one)