10+ Year Old Account

Dragon Ball Z Fan Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    okay so funny story that i did last night i figured you guys might get a laugh out of.

so to start it off let me say id drank a whole bottle of vodka and took a couple shots of jaeger so i was very drunk because i was at a party

this girl texted me and she said "I like you " and i said "I know you like me " and she texted "how do you know i like you?"

and in all caps i replied "BECAUSE I AM THE PRINCE OF ALL SAIYANS!!!"

EARTH HAS GOKU

December 15th is the release of the next great movie! Who is this mysterious character? Are they actually a Saiyan? Seems like it. A SAIYAN HAS NO LIMITS!

__________________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________
    Welcome to the DBZ fan thread. Remember the pecking order and you will do fine. There is you, the dirt, the worms in side of the dirt, Zoma, Laurcus, then Greymane. Preistalisha is awesome though, Priest made my new avatar.... WITH WORKING SCOUTER! AND IT IS STILL AWESOME AS FUCK!

Let is discuss all things DBZ! While I personally never played any of the games, talk about the games, the shows, the mini series, fan fics (i personally love AF and Multiverse), and of course the movies..... DO NOT FORGET THE ABRIDGED FOLKS! TEAM FOUR STAR!!!! Also, in recent months there has been an explosion of DBZ related channels on Youtube, but others have been around much longer. These channels are;

Geekdom101,
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgI...5SZ0yUSp71VCOQ

Dragon Ball Nation,
    https://www.youtube.com/user/ThePunkerclock

UnrealEntgaming
    https://www.youtube.com/user/UnrealEntGaming

Quaaman's Land
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Qaa12

Rhymestyle
    https://www.youtube.com/user/MrRhymestyle

MasakoX
    https://www.youtube.com/user/MasakoXtreme

All of these Youtubers make theories about Dragonball, its characters, and always have Q and A sessions with fans to discuss numerous topics, they review the episodes along with predictions based on the next episode preview, are the first to leak information or the first ones to let more people know of leaked information, and make video game related videos. MasakoX is the VA for Goku in DBZ abridged and does excellent discussions along with amazing what if scenarios. Ever wonder what would happen to the series if Raditz survived and turned good? What about Nappa?

Talk about who your favorite characters are, why, etc. Also all the snacks are worth 1 R each (R=Raditz) yes Raditz is the currency. (I never actually bought snacks).

Dragon Ball Super has had ups and downs, but so far the tournament arc and the Goku Black arc have been fantastic, and IMO the Black Goku Arc is better than the Buu arc by a mile.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ _________________________
    Fan fics you may enjoy
    Dragon ball AF
    http://dbaf-usa.blogspot.com/ They can also be found on their fan page on Facebook.

Dragon Ball AF (After Future) is two different fan fictions. There are two different authors. There is the Xicor saga and the Ize saga. Both are amazing! I prefer the Ize saga. I just have soft spot for the father of Ize. Ize has personal vendetta against Goku. I will hide for now the identity of Xicor, but let us say that he has a special connection to our favorite character. He also has something to prove. In both fan fics, Goku is in the realm of the Dragons(much more expanded upon in the Xicor saga). Both happen a few years after GT. Lets just say in that time our favorite characters in both sagas learned a few new tricks.

Toyble is the heading for the Xicor saga, Young Jijii another author is the heading for the Ize saga. Unfortunatly both of these works have, to my knowledge, been discontinued.

and

DBZ multiverse
    http://www.dragonball-multiverse.com/en/page-0.html

This one takes place a few years after the Buu saga and is focused on a tournament that spans across multiple universes. Several of our favorite characters in alternate time lines make a grand appearance. What would have happened if Freeza beat Goku? What if Goku never came to earth? What if the Saiyans listened to Bardock? Each universe has a unique back story. Who knows how things would have went if Goku never hit his head, or what it would be like for him to fight the Goku we know and love! What if Goku and Vegeta did not difuse in the Buu Saga? What if Gohan failed against Cell? Or even Bojack!

These two are in the form of comics/manga. The next two are in the form of novelization.

Dragon Ball New Age:
    http://malikstudios.deviantart.com/g...-Age-doujinshi

Created by Malikstudios, New Age focuses on the Z fighters post Dragon Ball GT. We meet new powerful Saiyans, and brother of one of our favorite protagonists as well as a powerful deity whose strength is beyond anything seen before.

DBZ Bringer of Death
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8162862/1/Bringer-of-Death

Bringer of Death is a Fan Fic based on Vegeta becoming the first Super Saiyan rather than Goku. Vegeta, now with his pride at maximum seeks to claim the empire of the Frost Demons, also known as Freeza and his family. The plot follows a similar pattern to canon, but with subtle changes due to fights brought about by the Super Prince of all Saiyans.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________
    The most current episode of DBZ abridged.
    (Website link for Team4star http://teamfourstar.com/)

Be civil or I will KAAAAMMEEEEEHHAAAMMEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA you

IMPORTANT UPDATE!
    GODTUBE IS REAL
    http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/dragon_s/special/08.html

Last edited by GennGreymane; 2018-07-30 at 01:22 PM.

boudokai 2 adult gohan ftw

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladepsycho View Post
    boudokai 2 adult gohan ftw
    mysticness

Deleted
    DBZ was a big part of my childhood. Was always watching it.

I loved it when I was a kid. But, looking back, the plot and writing was really fairly bad. It may just be because it was Funimationized, but it's actually pretty close to the overall arc of WoW lore:

Bad guy shows up. Good guy gets stronger in order to beat him, big long difficult fight, bad guy is defeated.

Period of happiness and a lack of strife.

Bigger badder guy shows up. Good guy has to get even stronger in order to beat him. Big, long difficult fight, bad guy is ultimately defeated.

Period of happiness and a lack of strife.

Biggerer badderer guy shows up, etc. etc. etc.

Edit: Also, the whole reliance on the 'power levels' thing was a big bunch of nonsense too. I realize they wanted to use it as a reference point for how strong someone was, but it grew way out of proportion towards the middle of the series and beyond. WTB original Dragonball without the scouter crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    toriama never really cared about the power levels, just food.

every single saiyan was a veggie!

most humans are random foods

tien is fried rice
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2011-09-11 at 08:40 PM.

Janemba , final transformation ftw!

Dusted out my PSP and Dragon Ball Z Shin Budokai 2 the other day, freaking awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Krillin will always be the most badass.

I only like the ones where he beat people up.

Which was like... what 2 episodes maybe?

I liked original Dragonball better. Nobody became obsolete. Even Krillen was as strong as Goku at some points. It felt like a real adventure.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never had any love for anime in general, but DBZ has a very special place in my heart. This last spring I re-watched the android/cell sagas and holy shit... I forgot how epic they were. Cell is probably the coolest villain I've encountered in any show/movie/video game with maybe the Lich King being an exception.

Following the conclusion of the Cell saga, I proclaimed to myself, "Derp Ima watch GT because DBZ is awesome!" ...How wrong I was. If anyone here is thinking about watching GT... stop right there. Goku is turned into a kid again, and for whatever reason he became five times the idiot he was as an adult. Most of his companions are annoying at best, and the fights are extremely anticlimactic. For example (spoilers): Goku encounters Cell and Frieza in Hell, and you think that you are about to witness the coolest thing you've ever seen... nope. He kills them with a fucking snow machine... *sigh*

10+ Year Old Account
    piccolo v android 17 was awesome.... how did their spines not break >.> well i guess neither technically have spines. i dont even think piccolo has bones.

freiza v goku was likly the most dramatic fight.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2011-09-12 at 03:06 AM.

Trunks was always my favorite, maybe because he had a sword.

Goku and Vegeta's rivalry was/is my favorite part of the series. I dislike them as friends... Too bad Goku didn't kill Vegeta when he was a Majin.

What i tend to dislike about the series is how useless most of the side characters became, despite how much they may have trained or the such. It revolved so much on Goku and sometimes Gohan or Vegeta to be the hero that it was pretty easy to predict. And if they died then Shrenron came along in the next saga.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    What i tend to dislike about the series is how useless most of the side characters became, despite how much they may have trained or the such. It revolved so much on Goku and sometimes Gohan or Vegeta to be the hero that it was pretty easy to predict. And if they died then Shrenron came along in the next saga.
    atleast tien got to be useful against cell

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    atleast tien got to be useful against cell
    Yea but that was just one time. All he did was hold cell in place and stop him from absorbing the android until goku came along to fight him. Then he absorbs 18 later anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Yea but that was just one time. All he did was hold cell in place and stop him from absorbing the android until goku came along to fight him. Then he absorbs 18 later anyway.
    atleast krillin gets 18

Deleted
    Brian Drummond, the man who voiced Vegeta and gave us over 9000, also voiced Warboss Gorgutz in Dawn of War.

Isn't that just awesome?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post
    Brian Drummond, the man who voiced Vegeta and gave us over 9000, also voiced Warboss Gorgutz in Dawn of War.

Isn't that just awesome?
    i just looked as his career

he is also a my little pony in an older movie? i think, i just want to ruin vegeta for ppl :P

MY LITTLE VEGETA!

I approve of this thread, a lot. And actually, I'd like to run something by you guys, it's my signature, and I want to see if you guys think it's accurate.

Goku's power level is just above 950 at the start of DBZ. We know this from when Raddizt used his scouter on Goku when Goku used the kamehameha wave on him. Goku is about 23 years old at this point. After one year, Goku's max power level is 32000 with the x4 Kaio Ken. That is an increase of 33 times in one year. Goku recovers from his fight with Vegeta, and trains at 100 times gravity. In the fight with Captain Ginyu it's revealed that Goku's power level has increased to 180000 with the x2 Kaio Ken. Though it's not shown here, in theory his power level could go up to 360000 with the x4 Kaio Ken, which of course would make his base 90000. This is an increase of 11 times from just a few weeks ago.

After recovering in the healing tank, Goku's power level again jumps up drastically. His base Power level has increased to 3 million, 33 times what his power level was a few hours ago. Not only that, but Goku can use the Kaio Ken up to times 20, making his new maximum 60 million, compared to his previous theoretical maximum of 360k. Therefore, Goku actually got 166 times stronger. Becoming a super saiyan further increased his power level to 150 million, making him 2.5 times stronger, but also making it so he doesn't need to rely on the Kaio Ken.

Power levels stop being officially tracked at this point in the series. What we've learned though, is that Goku's power level increases from 3 main types of events. Training for x amount of time, recovering from severe injuries, and getting new transformations. The lowest increase was times 2.5 when he became a super saiyan, (lawl) and the biggest increase was recovering from the fight with Captain Ginyu and bringing the Kaio Ken up to times 20, which was an increase of 166 times. The average, seems to be about 30.

What I have attempted to do, is power scale Goku throughout the rest of the Dragonball series, including GT. I know, real original idea lol. My method is very simple, I exponentially increase Goku's power level by times 30, (starting at 950) for every severe injury he recovers from, every year of training, and every major transformation. I understand this is fundamentally flawed. Not every increase is times 30, so this can't be perfectly accurate. I'm not looking for perfect accuracy though, just something that's in the ballpark.

I did my best to account for every instance of power increase after the Frieza saga, all the way to the 100 year timeskip at the end of GT. Sadly I didn't document absolutely everything, mainly because I'm lazy. It was around 140 power increases though, give or take a few. A lot of those come from the 100 year timeskip where Goku trains with Shenron. My final result is in my signature, a power level a little lower than a septuagintillion.

There are a few things that could be done differently, such as not including the 100 year timeskip, or not including GT at all. For the parameters I chose though, I think I got things as accurate as possible without asking Akira Toriyama himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Toriyama really did not care about the power levels.