Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    make a spam macro - eventually they'll cry about it, and then they will take your point!

Lightwell Buddy will solve your problems
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

Simple fix really, you said you have 3-4 people who use it. Great. Only heal them. When the others die, ask "Did you click the lightwell?" Shame will be your motivator.

If they won't learn, then they are likely the same fools that will end up holding you back eventually. Maybe it sounds harsh, but I'm personally fed up to death with fools who act like they know better but truly fail. If you haven't figured out this late into the expansion that lightwell rocks now, I chalk you up to a useless nub.

This coming from the one who is usually compassionate... Screw that chaz, L2P or GTFO
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    I've found groups that use Lightwell as a pseudo-cooldown (Beth'tilac, Shannox, Seeds on Ragnaros) to have it work quite well when it's used as an audible.

A Priest I know tends to pipe up on Mumble "Lightwell's down on the right" when she drops it, and then the group waits for the specific "cooldown" that we'd use it for, the call gets made, and everyone clicks (instead of popping a Barrier kind of thing).

Considering groups have to line up and already say "Use Tranq here, totem there, Barrier after, follow through with a Paladin thingy" (Divine Guardian) you're already making the calls for audible cooldowns. Adding in Lightwell as a pseudo cooldown isn't really that hard when used in this context.
    This is how we utilize Lightwell in most of our raids. Being forced to use it as a raid cooldown has helped many of our raiders get into better habits when using Lightwells.

Our holy priests will also generally put one down just before the pull, usually just behind where melee will be starting out, especially if it's an encounter with constant raid damage. This gives the healers a little bit of leeway if they need to move into position.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterilize View Post
    Then you're doing it wrong. Click it once and let the HoT run it's course - clicking it 5 times expends charges and heals you for shit.
    He may be wrong by saying "so they can click the lightwell 5 times", which as you say will expend charges (although not playing a priest myself I am unsure if that is actually true or not). Also why will clicking it 5 times heal you for shit? As even if each click were to refresh the duration of the lightwell hot it would not heal you any less than clicking it once due to the way hots and dots work now. Why bother letting the hot run it's course at all if it's so shit?

His point stands true that it is not the job of the dps to heal themselves but that of the healers.
    Missing someone's intended point just to correct them on a mistake they might have made that does not take away from the point is silly. Try and be constructive.

Quote Originally Posted by Sporky0 View Post
    He may be wrong by saying "so they can click the lightwell 5 times", which as you say will expend charges (although not playing a priest myself I am unsure if that is actually true or not). Also why will clicking it 5 times heal you for shit? As even if each click were to refresh the duration of the lightwell hot it would not heal you any less than clicking it once due to the way hots and dots work now. Why bother letting the hot run it's course at all if it's so shit?

His point stands true that it is not the job of the dps to heal themselves but that of the healers.
    Missing someone's intended point just to correct them on a mistake they might have made that does not take away from the point is silly. Try and be constructive.
    Even if u spam the lightwell, you cant refresh the current lightwell's hot on you, only a new charge is applied when ur current hot ends =].

It most certainly the job of DPS to stay alive. If they are refusing to click lightwells to do so it is no different then standing in fire. It's no different then a DPS not coming off Cho'Gal to kill the eyes so the healers don't get a 75% debuff, or not clearing adds so they can buff their damage on recount. They are doing it wrong. If you want to be a low-skilled twit that is your perogative, but if you were to come to my raids with the attitude that DPS isn't responsible for their own lives, you'd get kicked fast.
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

Boooo! I don't like Lightwells, Such lazy healing..

"Look at me, I'm a priest! Here, have a lightwell... heal yourself, I'm going for a nap".

...this isnt even trolling, this is my actual opinion of them knowing nothing at all about them. Maybe I should do some research.
    The scary part... it's probably what half your guild are thinking too :P lol

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Boooo! I don't like Lightwells, Such lazy healing..

"Look at me, I'm a priest! Here, have a lightwell... heal yourself, I'm going for a nap".

...this isnt even trolling, this is my actual opinion of them knowing nothing at all about them. Maybe I should do some research.
    The scary part... it's probably what half your guild are thinking too :P lol
    Heh, shortsightedness.

Just because the priest dropped a lightwell for your use, doesn't mean they get to sit on their hands the rest of the fight, they are still casting you know...

It's the tripe like this that finally made me shelve my healer. Done with people not appreciating it. Screw you all, it's your turn to heal me. Screw queue times, screw roll balance. Bad DPS is the reason why good tanks and heals are hard to find. We all eventually give up on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Maledictum View Post
    So, how do I teach my guild that lightwell is good?
    Check lightwell usage, yell at people that are bad

problem solved
    N

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    I hate it when they're near people.. I tend to click them, thus losing DPS -.-
    Everyone that's commenting on this guys post clearly missed his point, try reading it again. He's saying when he goes to use lightwell he loses his target because it's in a bad place. If it was sitting +10 yards away from the group he wouldn't have a problem but it's not, it's right in the middle of the group so he ends up selecting other players in stead of using the Lightwell.

As to getting your guild to start using it I couldn't say but those addons Daetur suggested might help.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight View Post
    Everyone that's commenting on this guys post clearly missed his point, try reading it again. He's saying when he goes to use lightwell he loses his target because it's in a bad place. If it was sitting +10 yards away from the group he wouldn't have a problem but it's not, it's right in the middle of the group so he ends up selecting other players in stead of using the Lightwell.
    SO in that case instead of being bad and not using it, he/his raid should work with the priest to figureout better locations for the lightwells. Also if you adjust you camera angle to looking down it helps with clicking the lightwell instead of clicking something else... also those handy dandy tooltips that pop-up will let you know what you are about to click before you click it, and when you have managed to successfully hover over the lightwell you get a gear on your mouse letting you know that you have indeed found the right spot.

Deleted
    I usually just call out on vent for people to use it and hope they use it, unless we set it up as a rotation thingy (think chimaeron/maloriak back in the day). If it's really bad I just use it as my personal healer so I don't have to use binding heal at all. Been a while since i've played holy and all though, with how disc priests are shining in 10m atm.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2011-09-13 at 07:46 PM.

Macro:

/target Lightwell

Keybind:

Interact with Target

if they still don't use it after that, they're baddies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

10+ Year Old Account
    "omfg priest, you let me die!!"

" I didn't let you die.. YOU let you die bitch... the lightwell is RIGHT THERE"

/endconversation
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Daxanna/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    its an infinitely large universe, its not only entirely plausible that some of the UFO's that are reported are from humanity distant future, its also entirely possible that they are a race of intelligent oranges here to free their kind from the enslavement and murder that man perpetrates on their less advanced descendant's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Macro:

/target Lightwell

Keybind:

Interact with Target

if they still don't use it after that, they're baddies.
    They removed that, people were macroing it to single buttons.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2011-09-13 at 09:20 PM.

Yeah, the Lightwell's not targettable anymore. Which is a shame, because I used to actually target it to see how many charges were left.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I didn't even know you used to be able to target it to see the charges left I guess that had to go to make lightwell more friendly to dps to use though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    So a tank can use a charge while he's blowing a cooldown? It still has a damage threshold that it breaks on, and most heroic bosses surpass that.
    I just went over your post again Kelesti and I'm curious as to what you meant by 'Breaking at or past the damage threshold' Do you mean that if the tank uses a charge and the LW ticks for 5k 5 times (an example) thats 25k over 15 seconds. If the boss hit the tank for 30k, are you telling me that this exceeds the damage threshold rendering the HoT useless? And if so, would this not be the same thing for Renew?

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I didn't even know you used to be able to target it to see the charges left I guess that had to go to make lightwell more friendly to dps to use though.
    Actually, that was still in there for the longest time. They removed the ability to target it so people couldn't use the macro to do it for them.

---------- Post added 2011-09-13 at 02:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Greendog View Post
    I just went over your post again Kelesti and I'm curious as to what you meant by 'Breaking at or past the damage threshold' Do you mean that if the tank uses a charge and the LW ticks for 5k 5 times (an example) thats 25k over 15 seconds. If the boss hit the tank for 30k, are you telling me that this exceeds the damage threshold rendering the HoT useless? And if so, would this not be the same thing for Renew?
    No, I mean, if your tank has 190k health, and a boss hits for 60k, if it's not blocked that HoT falls off. Doesn't matter how much healing it "would have done", it breaks. It's easier on Warriors, and it's definitely maintainable on Paladins without any trouble at all. But Druids and Death Knights? Not freaking likely.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~