Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Guide: How to easily use Lightwell

1. Make macro:

Code:
    /target Lightwell
    2. Go into Key Bindings, near the bottom of Targeting Settings, and bind a key to:

Code:
    Interact with Target
    3. Put the lightwell macro right next to the bound key (for ease of pressing both buttons)

4. Press the macro first, then your Interact with Target button

5. ???

6. TOP HEALING METERS!

Now people won't have an excuse for not clicking the Lightwell when you tell them to, because this macro+keybind makes it easy to use the Lightwell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted
    There is no /slash command that will interact with a target in the way Lightwell would need. So sadly it has to be a two-button affair.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullhurley View Post
    Quick question, can you not just make the macro

/target Lightwell
    /Interact with Target

Or something like that? Even if not that is actually a very good idea either way.
    You can use Interact with Target as a macro command? Did not know that.

EDIT: Nope, thanks Emmote. Doesn't make much sense either because there's spaces, so the macro would read it as /Interact, not /Interact with Target.
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm

as far as I know you can't macro the interact action.. So you need 2 macros and a keybind to use lightwell..

wait 2 macros?

yup - target lightwell
    then use keybind
    then - target last target

even without the last one - lightwell is still awfull design choice.. Unless they allow me to macro the use of it without loosing my target - I'm going to hate it with passion..

and I'm sorry.. I'm a DPS, why do I have to take care about healing? If I wanted to heal - I'd roll a healer :?

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    and I'm sorry.. I'm a DPS, why do I have to take care about healing? If I wanted to heal - I'd roll a healer :?
    And this is the very mentality that pisses off healers currently. This is not WOTLK, healing is not 100% a healer's job. It's why things like healthstones, lightwell and more added self-healing abilities exist.

Remember - You do 0 dps when you're dead. That extra ~25k healing is very easily the difference between life and death at times of high damage.

Solution, have a Razer Naga that does it all for you with 1 click! (I know blizzard dont like that sort of stuff though :P)
    "If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
    - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    And this is the very mentality that pisses off healers currently. This is not WOTLK, healing is not 100% a healer's job. It's why things like healthstones, lightwell and more added self-healing abilities exist.
    I play all 3 roles and it doesn't piss me off.. There is a difference in pop a healthstone if you;re low - and keep clicking that damn lightwell on CD or your healer is semi useless. Using things like potions, healthstone work usually after you fuck up or it's a predicted DMG (like quick topping on Chimaeron), this is not a reliable way of keeping whole raid alive. It's a help for a healers. Lightwell requires people to click on it or your priests healing will suck..
    And finally our selfheals mostly work as a part of our rotation.
    Again - as a DPS - I want to DPS, that means I want to be able to stay on target and cast my spells on it. Healer should heal, tank should tank. You don't want your healer to taunt bosses, you don't want your tank to do competetive DPS - roles are there for a reason.

and making more macros for it is not really a solution. It works and it's great you posted it - I might use it when we go raid with a holy priest (though I hope we wont).. But adding even more buttons to click during fight? This game already has more abilities than you can easily bind.. Adding 2 more buttons just to make your healer suck less is really bad design idea.. on my lock I use 3 bars to keep my skills and items I need to DPS/CC etc. That is 24 buttons. Then I have few more that are handy to use, some macros for target switching, focusing.. it makes a ton of things on my bars.. :/
    Last edited by DemoBytom; 2011-09-14 at 10:37 PM.

How about you just click it?
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    as far as I know you can't macro the interact action.. So you need 2 macros and a keybind to use lightwell..

wait 2 macros?

yup - target lightwell
    then use keybind
    then - target last target

even without the last one - lightwell is still awfull design choice.. Unless they allow me to macro the use of it without loosing my target - I'm going to hate it with passion..

It's better to "act as a healer" and click a well than be dead for half of the combat and just sit there looking at your screen while the rest of your raid survives and kills the boss (they DID click the well =D)

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    -"Can't see it"
    -"Don't know where it is"
    -boss mouseover attack thing conflicting with clicking lightwell (lookin' at you, rag.)

etc. etc. Not to mention having to move your mouse over to it, it's easier to just hit two buttons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullhurley View Post
    Also, I wonder if you could create a mouse over for the light well that allowed you to just mouse over it and hit the interact button and it work as well?
    There is an "Interact with Mouseover" keybinding, but at that point, why not just click it?

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    1. Make macro:

Code:
    /target Lightwell
    2. Go into Key Bindings, near the bottom of Targeting Settings, and bind a key to:

Code:
    Interact with Target
    3. Put the lightwell macro right next to the bound key (for ease of pressing both buttons)

4. Press the macro first, then your Interact with Target button

5. ???

6. TOP HEALING METERS!

Now people won't have an excuse for not clicking the Lightwell when you tell them to, because this macro+keybind makes it easy to use the Lightwell.

Sticky this in every other class thread IMO.

Light well would be cooler if it spat out orbs of light at people in X radius with the lowest HP for its duration to heal for Y amount.

Can't you not target lightwell anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Cactrot View Post
    Can't you not target lightwell anymore?
    Afaik you can't target it by LEFT CLICKING on it, but you CAN target it with /target Lightwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Emmote View Post
    So sadly it has to be a two-button affair.
    Not if you use ControllerMate, or something similar. That could make it a one-button press.

Quote Originally Posted by Vraie View Post
    @Demo
    I don't really see how you need 24 buttons to play a lock in PvE, even if you do; you can't come up with 2 more binds? This isn't about hps, it's about effectively using the raid cd, nobody cares if the holy priest is at the bottom of the charts, but if you're dying or wasting their mana, when you could be helping out, that's when it's an issue
    just as my keys are mapped:
    Immolation, corruption, shadowbolt, incinerate, hand of gul dan, curse of elements, teleport, bane of doom, soulfire, shadowflame, lifetap shadow ward - 12 spells
    fear, metamorphosis, shadowburn, banish, soul shatter, immolate aura, hellfire, curse of weakness, curse of tongues, health funnel, demon soul/trinkiet, drain life(for emergency situations) - another 12 spells
    healthstone, healing pot (just in case), volcanic potion, dark intent, armor, soul link (have to recast it if pet dies), summon demon, soulstone, fel flame (for movement), rocket jump, macro for pet abilities, focus macro - another 12 spells - that's 36 actually, not 24
    I have few other things on my bars for quick acces, like mount, summon portal, healthstone dispenser, few other macros and rarely used spells, like other forms of AoE when Hellfire can't be used.. that is a lot of buttons there. yes - adding 2 more is a problem for me.

As I said - it's terrible design idea that I have to make sure that healer does his job well. If I suck at healing (while I'm not a healer) then I die because healer can't heal me.. Something is wrong with it. Good that you can macro it in at least some way, not everyone is an FPS player with quick and good accurancy at clicking small objects on the screen. Bad you have to do it in the first place.

Deleted
    Stop clicking your abilities and you'll be fine.

(@DPSers)

Or just don't group with Holy Priests and avoid the entire messy affair.

Extra things you have to click with Restoration Shaman...0

Extra things you have to click with Restoration Druids...0

Make sure you're standing in Light of Dawn with Holy Pallies and you're all set.

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    This.

Seriously, Its shiny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heap View Post
    Stop clicking your abilities and you'll be fine.

(@DPSers)
    No. I click my abilities. It really is a silly design to also have to click on the healers abilities too.

Maybe next we'll be generating threat for the tank.