Retro: How many people does it take to do ICC 25 now?

I was going to go back and farm up the stuff to get our guild shadowmourne. I was wondering how many people do you think it would take to make it go quickly doing most bosses in a single shot? (taking people who know the fight). I was thinking between 7 and 10 but hoping for less.

non-heroic? I bet a group of 5 could do it, I mean...I know Mionelol solo'd marrowgar early in the x-pack and recently solo'd LK.

I forgot about saurfang though, that would probably be impossible with only 5
    Last edited by grandpab; 2011-09-16 at 11:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    non-heroic? I bet a group of 5 could do it, I mean...I know Mionelol solo'd marrowgar early in the x-pack and recently solo'd LK.
    Don't forget that solo was 10 man, and the OP is aiming for Shadowmourne, which is still 25 man only.

Honestly I'm not sure how many people a 25 man normal run would take these days, but for 10 man 4-6 should be fine if at least one is a ranged DPS, assuming, like you said, that they know what they're doing. I may be wrong though, haven't personally tried it... yet.

I'd say you'll be fine with 10-15. Give it a try and add more people if you feel you can't do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Assuming that your group are of non-elitists recording kills to show-off how you circumvented mechanics, go with 15. You're leaving behind 40% of the old players.It's almost half, and mechanics will not make you wipe a bunch of times until RNG hit the right spots or players, or whatever.

Deleted
    I've done it in a group of 8 (in full firelands gear with 1 tank, 1 healer (me), 6 dps at 25k+) all had done most of the HM in wotlk and it still took quite a while and wasn't the most fun in the world to be honest, I'd rather have gone with 15 and done it in half the time. I'd definitely go with 15+ if you're talking non-raiders or people in low gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I've done it in a group of 8 (in full firelands gear with 1 tank, 1 healer (me), 6 dps at 25k+) all had done most of the HM in wotlk and it still took quite a while and wasn't the most fun in the world to be honest, I'd rather have gone with 15 and done it in half the time. I'd definitely go with 15+ if you're talking non-raiders or people in low gear.
    I assume you're talking 25 man. That actually gives me some hope of doing ICC10 normal without having to resort to making a pug raid. Last time I tried an ICC pug during Cataclysm, even though it was heroic, was a disaster. Stuck at Saurfang. Yes, seriously, inviting a replacement ranged DPS was that hard. I never saw so many Marks of the Fallen Champion being thrown out so quickly.

I may be attempting 10m normal soon with a 4 or 5 man, 370 aprox geared group, of whom all know their stuff. Depending on how it goes, we'll either get 6 more people, or try heroics by ourselves.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2011-09-16 at 11:48 PM. Reason: More like 370, not 365.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Some mechanics I think you need at least 10 to faceroll.

Thanks for the replies. My main concern was mechanics more than dps numbers. Was worried about vamped people for Blood queen, healing Valithira and adds, and the ice tombs on Sindy. Hoping to knock all the parts out in one lock out then go back and farm souls on 10 man as blood.