Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Doing that is a waste of mana and time. The firehawks can put up a debuff amount of anywhere from 5-60. Depends on how many are out at a time and what the dps is like. Everytime you go to dispel 1 stack, another one is added plus you lost time healing. You are better off just healing them. The only time debuff actually makes a difference is if your tank stands in fire. Otherwise it won't hurt him at all. Well....unless he stands in a firewall on the outer edge or gets hit by a bomb.
    The problem with ignorng the stacks when they are high is that if the fire gets aimed across where the tank is standing and they have a high number of stacks, they can be insta gibbed before they have a chance to react/move. You don't need to religiously dispell, but you do need to keep the stacks from getting out of hand. Also, as the stacks clear in their entirety from a single dispel, i'm not sure how you can claim it to be a waste of mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Xindi View Post
    The problem with ignorng the stacks when they are high is that if the fire gets aimed across where the tank is standing and they have a high number of stacks, they can be insta gibbed before they have a chance to react/move. You don't need to religiously dispell, but you do need to keep the stacks from getting out of hand. Also, as the stacks clear in their entirety from a single dispel, i'm not sure how you can claim it to be a waste of mana.
    The point is the tank should not be getting hit with the fire at all. As soon as a cast starts they need to be moving ASAP. There's no just sitting there starring at him, it's move your rear or else deal. Secondly, the first few attempts I tried to dispel it, it removed it 1 stack at a time. Since then I don't dispel the debuff and never have an issue healing the fight at all. Everyone lives and no one dies. Usually end the fight with around 50% mana after using fiend. The only time the tank takes a dip in health is when both sides come out at the same time, but even then it's healable.

The only way the fight is hard to heal is if people stand in the fire like idiots. People need to be moving once they see the cast timer. Even if it's not pointed at you, it's better to be reactive and move than stand there and not notice it was you.

Deleted
    I've healed this fight more times than I care to count on my priest both as holy and disc. Not to mention every Cata dungeon there is. Plus when I'm tanking I can sit there and see my stacks diminish 1 by 1 from a cleanse.
    Then you maybe need to press your buttons harder. This debuff, along with many others (GrimBatol trash around 2nd boss iirc) acts like this. Cleanse once and all the stacks are gone.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by niai View Post
    Then you maybe need to press your buttons harder. This debuff, along with many others (GrimBatol trash around 2nd boss iirc) acts like this. Cleanse once and all the stacks are gone.
    I'm 100% sure that this is accurate.

I have it setup where it is very obvious who has a magic debuff on them. When I cleanse it, it goes away completely. It's not something you have to spam dispel. :S

It may seem like it's not working to you because they get reapplied pretty quickly, but it's still worth it.
    I am a filthy casual!

Quote Originally Posted by Krystal View Post
    It may seem like it's not working to you because they get reapplied pretty quickly, but it's still worth it.
    I have my UI setup so it shows up stacks remaining and again only lower by one. I will say this, this was done the first few weeks of ZA/ZG. So you guys could be right and they just stealth nerfed it to one stack cleanse, but after the first week I never worried about it at all.

that fight is all about "not standing on fire". tell tank to do so. dispelling 20 stacks is not an option. that fight can be very easy and very hard. all depends on where players stand.

when the boss is casting... dispell the tank.... during fire bombs... dispell the tank.
    use holy word serenity on cd and keep renew rolling... you also have pw shield if tank gets low.
    i usually fiend and hymn of hope during first fire bomb, second one i use divine hymn..... always after dispelling the tank of stacks.
    make sure dps know to kill one hatcher at first then focus only on dragon adds till they're all hatched then focus on boss.
    boss hatches all eggs at a certain %... so make sure all eggs are already hatched

Well, I simply can't believe that's all on the behavior of Tank and Healer. I can't see the damage escalating so much, without DPS ignoring completely the adds, and letting the Tank eat them, while they single target the boss.

I have my UI setup so it shows up stacks remaining and again only lower by one. I will say this, this was done the first few weeks of ZA/ZG. So you guys could be right and they just stealth nerfed it to one stack cleanse, but after the first week I never worried about it at all.
    The dragonhawks breathe fire, so there's more fire damage than just standing in bombs / line / wall. Also your UI must be jacked because I've been healing both zandalaris since they were released and the stack has always been a one dispel cleanse whole stack.

Now if you don't have an issue removing pointless damage, that's fine, continue your way, however the OP is having issues healing this and as others have mentioned, dispelling the stacks lowers tank damage (assuming he's not a bad and has aggro on the dragonhawks) considerably.

To OP: Check recount or skada, whichever you use (if you do) and look at damage taken, if you're finding the tank unhealable then he is likely standing in either the fire line, a bomb or the DPS aren't killing the dragonhawks. As mentioned cleanse the stacks every 5-10 stacks or so, you'll notice a difference. Pop cooldowns when he hits 35% and the flood of dragonhawks comes out, that's when most of the damage output is done, also it helps to stand near the tank if you can avoid the fire lines as this will bring the dragonhawks to him, making them easier to pick up. I've had quite a few tanks turn their backs to the boss to pick up dragonhawks which leads to more unnecessary damage.
    Armory 7/7M 6/10M

Deleted
    I tried not dispelling once, they went straight through GA, tank cd's and spam flashx2+gh due to tank being on 120+ stacks. Yes, the dps was horribad. Yes, I was horribad for not dispelling there too.

I had an argument with a guildie a long while ago about the dispelling. They thought it removed only 1 stack.

My frames will show me the number of stacks and time remaining on the debuff. When I hit dispel when the tank has 40 stacks, it will remove ONE stack to 39 stacks. Then ALL of them drop off. There's a delay on the drop of about 1s and it's not because they were about to drop off anyway. I realize it's counter-intuitive, but it's what happens and has been that way as long as I can remember.

A lot of people are stating, "If the tank's not an idiot, then he will ...." and "If the dps isn't horribad, then ...."

The fact of the matter is, in a pug for LFG, oftentimes it's left up to the healer to heal through stupid and lazy. In that case: Dispel the stacks when it's worth it, be ready to fade when a massive group of birdies spawn, avoid fire, and be ready to GS a dps if the tank is slow on the pickup. It really shouldn't be that hard

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Highangel View Post
    i'm using serenity... is it viable to cleanse the stacks ?
    Sanctuary is better for almost every situation, including this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gawwad View Post
    Sanctuary is better for almost every situation, including this one.
    Sanc is more viable when unavoidable damage spreads across your whole group. Jana'lai is all avoidable / single target damage. What makes you say sanc is the correct choice?

Only fights in ZG/ZA where damage is unavoidable and spread are Kilnara and Akil'zon. Also the only two fights you can claim should always be healed in sanc.

I went back there today to test it out... and yes cleansing does remove all stacks, but it might take a moment to wear off.

I'm pretty sure it has not always been like this, but cannot say 100%. Anyways you learn something all the time. :-)

use default raid/party frames - then you'll see it removes all stacks with 1 dispell. I've seen 40 stacks disappearing from me at once - so ye if you see that only 1 stack is removed - fix your addons..

Hmm I never use G-Heal on that fight (Disc). Try spamming F-Heal instead of G-Heal and pop a VP.

Quote Originally Posted by scarryterry25 View Post
    Hmm I never use G-Heal on that fight (Disc). Try spamming F-Heal instead of G-Heal and pop a VP.
    Awful advice. He's holy.

Don't spam flash unless it's REALLY necessary or you'll be oom super fast. Serenity is the best chakra to use due to the instant heal and +crit it puts on your target. Don't use sanctuary, if the dps are standing in shit that's their problem and they shouldn't be - they should be healable with minimal use of prayer of healing, p.o. mending, CoH and renews when you have some spare time. Make sure you're using prayer of mending on each cd and rolling a renew on the tank; if they're standing in the fire, grip them out of it and maybe they'll get the idea. If the DPS ends up tanking the adds, then you'll probably need to GS and spam them for a few seconds, but with any half decent dps they should die quite fast.

Oh, and dispel if stacks get over 10.

If you're lacking any power behind your heals, maybe give un an armory link so we can provide some advice?
    Last edited by Purplekitti; 2011-09-18 at 01:28 AM.

Doing that is a waste of mana and time. The firehawks can put up a debuff amount of anywhere from 5-60. Depends on how many are out at a time and what the dps is like. Everytime you go to dispel 1 stack, another one is added plus you lost time healing. You are better off just healing them. The only time debuff actually makes a difference is if your tank stands in fire. Otherwise it won't hurt him at all. Well....unless he stands in a firewall on the outer edge or gets hit by a bomb.[/COLOR]
    Not quite. The dragonhawks use Flame Buffet which adds to the debuff AND deals Fire damage. So the debuff does increase damage taken from the Dragonhawks and it's not avoidable. Just dispel it when the stacks get high and the damage will reset back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Coar View Post
    you have to cleanse the tanks
    i never do, it doesn't matter, besides there's like 20 stacks of that fire debuff

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    use default raid/party frames - then you'll see it removes all stacks with 1 dispell. I've seen 40 stacks disappearing from me at once - so ye if you see that only 1 stack is removed - fix your addons..
    Nice try bud. I use only the default party/raid frames. The part of my UI that it happened on was a power aura setting and decursive both. Yet they both showed the same thing as the default UI.