Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

PoM, how do you track it?

Hi, how the hell do You guys keep track of PoM?
    Is there any way to config my Power Auras or Tell Me When addons to show when it has fallen off of a party/raid member?

Yes, you can use 'buff on raid/party member' without a designated target and 'cast by me' to track the current state of your PoM. If you want to get really fancy you can have 5 different auras with 'stacks = ' defined, and display the stack count.

I never wrote such a set, instead I use an addon called 'PoM tracker'. Is outdated and unmaintained, but still works. Power Auras would be better if you want an audible notifier or configurable look.

Deleted
    I don't track it.

Sadly, I'm one of those priests that just never remember to use it. It's not that I don't WANT to, I just don't always REMEMBER. And I've been healing for years. However, I've been doing quite nicely without it, so I see no reason to install an addon for it.

It's already been said, but I'll repeat it: PowerAuras and PoM Tracker are two excellent options. PoM Tracker is more of an out-of-the-box solution while PowerAuras requires a lot more configuration. Personally, I like the customization available with PowerAuras, but it's your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    I don't track it.

Sadly, I'm one of those priests that just never remember to use it. It's not that I don't WANT to, I just don't always REMEMBER. And I've been healing for years. However, I've been doing quite nicely without it, so I see no reason to install an addon for it.
    I'm gonna go ahead and say it before anybody else comes in to chew you up: it's a *really* good spell for it's cost and instantness. I used to feel the same way, but once a friend of mine forced me (more or less literally :/) to make a PowerAuras tracker, it was incredibly easy and not at all hindering to keep it up. I imagine it's the same way for people who use PoM Tracker.

I'm hardly going to force you into anything, but I honestly suggest you try it out.

I don't track it.

Wait what?
    You should realy start using it with the glyph, it's one of the best healing spells we have atm and can crit for huge amounts.
    Better to throw in and forget than not using it at all

Deleted
    This is one of those things you really don't need to track. Just use it as soon as you get a free GCD after it's come off CD.

Power Auras or VuhDo, don't need anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    This is one of those things you really don't need to track. Just use it as soon as you get a free GCD after it's come off CD.
    PoM is good because it has (1) the highest healing per mana usage and (2) highest healing per cast time of any spell in our arsenal. If you're clipping PoM by casting it on CD, how much are you losing from both those aspects? If you're only using 4 of the 6 heals PoM gives you each time, you might as well not cast it. It becomes a HPS loss and an effic loss.

Track PoM.

I don't track it.

What raid frames are you using? For spells like Prayer of Mending you can easily set up Grid to show if someone has the spell on them to keep track of it. You can set it to just show a coloured dot somewhere on the frame so it's not obtrusive but easy to spot, and it means you don't need to mess about with a new addon.

Also, a lot of using it depends on knowing the fight, you generally know when there's going to be a period of pulsing AoE damage and throwing it out beforehand will help cover it while not interfering with your healing too much.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted
    I just have mine show up on grid.

I use healbot, and it shows the buff just like the rest of my heals, so I can see which player it's sitting on at any given time, and how many stacks it has left.

grid: put it in the center+show stacks=profit

I use grid, but I dont want PoM icon to fly all over my unit frames, from person to person.
    I like TellMeWhen, but for some reason it doesn't want to work... I set it up to show it when it's not on any of party members, but instead it just always showing me the icon.
    And I have no idea how to set it up on Power Auras, any examples pretty please?

I just track it on my healbot thats about it. But I mainly throw it out on CD so I just watch my Coolline bar.

Pom tracker or power auras are the best

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zakaluka View Post
    PoM is good because it has (1) the highest healing per mana usage and (2) highest healing per cast time of any spell in our arsenal. If you're clipping PoM by casting it on CD, how much are you losing from both those aspects? If you're only using 4 of the 6 heals PoM gives you each time, you might as well not cast it. It becomes a HPS loss and an effic loss.

Track PoM.
    Glyphed PoM increases the first tick by 60%, so yes, I use it on CD.

Quote Originally Posted by alares View Post
    Pom tracker or power auras are the best
    but how to config it, not to show CD of the spell, but to show when it wears off?

Quote Originally Posted by keule View Post
    but how to config it, not to show CD of the spell, but to show when it wears off?
    For Power Auras just check to see if YOUR buff is on anyone in party/Raid/Self, pretty simple. Go a little further and make another what checks if it's off cooldown, put them together (make one check the other) and you have yourself an aura what basically tells you when to use it.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2011-09-17 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Typo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zakaluka View Post

Track PoM.
    Trust me as a priest who began his "serious raiding career" in this game on a world 90th (ish) Illidan kill and went on all the way to LK25 HM kill at only 15% buff I can tell you, that not tracking PoM is fairly fine. The spell has a 10s CD, you may use it every 11-12s or so, trust me, by then most if not all charges will be gone and/or the remaining ones will jump to someone who won't take any or even a pet etc. It's much better to just throw a new one on the tank and have PoM in the game once again, healing. Not sitting with 1 or 2 charges somewhere away.