Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    The 3000+ quests 1-60 revamp want a word with you.

Dislike the short 80-85 but stop lying about the amount of content Cataclysm offered. It's by far the most of any expansion.
    i think the main thing is that players didnt realize this would be at the expense of max level content

10+ Year Old Account
    Q.Q blablablabla Q.Q oh all those tears. how about shut up and let us rogues have some fun this Xpack??????? god stop being so naive

Quote Originally Posted by Natureseer View Post
    i think the main thing is that players didnt realize this would be at the expense of max level content
    Uhhh content is content.

Make the argument that end-game content is lacking, to which I would agree, but claiming that there has been less content (implying overall) than any other expansion is just false from an objective point of view.

Sounds like an awesome patch, cant wait!

They're happy with Shaman PvE healing model?? =S"Keeping legendaries legendary" ?? ... yet they're releasing them every tier now?? Half of the guilds don't even have their first Dragonwrath's staff yet.

that's the point for the legendary. make rogues more popular. most raiding guilds I see rogues are pvp and not needed for raids, or for some reason they simply don't raid as much. when a guild can say "but we don't have any rogues in our raid, we don't even have rogues in our guild!" worse if the raid is 25 man and has no rogues. you know the class is being neglected by players. its understandable that players would rather play a ranged in firelands, especially mage or hunter. a lot of the rogue mechanics were also being neglected by blizzard, such as lockpicking, disarm traps, pickpocketing, and stealth in pve.
    To be fair I would say that *most* 10 man guilds carry 2 melee dps (we only have 1), which means that a lot of melee classes won't be represented in those raids, not just rogues. It's little comfort for any melee to be represented in a raid by a tank/healer/ranged of their class, and competition for melee spots in raids is fairly harsh - and I would tentatively put forth rogues were not the worst class in terms of dps or utility this expansion to fill those spaces as it stood. However, it is what it is and grats to the rogues I suppose

If people haven't read this yet form wowhead, it has some more awesome information, as well as some yummyscreenies. Ysera looks hawt.

http://www.wowheadnews.com/blog=1952...ur-of-twilight

Explains the epic gem situation a little better too

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    Combat using a dagger MH without a DPS loss? o_O I wonder if it will change from a 1.8 speed to a 2.8 speed weapon based on your spec then.
    No, they'll just buff Sinister Strike to "An instant strike that causes 200 damage in addition to 100% of your normal weapon damage ((100 * 1.45)% if a dagger is equipped)." just like they did with Hemorrhage and Ambush.

We thought that Rogues had maybe felt a little bit not special in this expansion with all the high damage numbers that were being done by classes like Mages. We thought it was just the right opportunity to make them shine and feel kind of special.
    Lets call it like it is: Rogue numbers are down, because we took away all the cool swords from them, so we're gonna throw a double orange at them to get more noobs playing them again.

wait, so were going back in time to steal the dragonsoul...
    umm anyone else see the problem with that?
    like the fact that its removal from that will PREVENT THE CREATION OF THE TWILIGHT DRAGONFLIGHT and cause a PARADOX!
    unless of course they return it after there done.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Melee classes will be getting a buff that is only active in the new raid to help them compete with ranged classes.
    Ahahahahahahahah nice trollin I'm a warrior and... #1 Not upset about not being able to sue a legendary #2 Not upset about rogues getting it Now that those things are cleared up... It's pretty stupid that only 1 class is getting a legendary and that class isn't always present in 10s and usually not plentiful in 25s. Almost seems like a waste to me =/
    The first new 5-man is called "Endtime" where Nozdormu will show players the future if Deathwing wins.
    Now this just sounds awesome!! @ those crying about 7(8) bosses... Just be happy with what you get already because no one likes it when 1/2 the posts on forums are those about bosses being to hard/not enough bosses/to many bosses/bosses being to easy and not a challenge.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malefic View Post
    Whoa, whoa. Epic gems will *DROP*. IE, not prospected? For fuck sake. 800 stacks of Pyrite Ore to sell.....
    Yes, yes, please drop your Pyrite Ore! Flood those AH's, drive down the prices, gogogo!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobaman View Post
    I think it's funny how you think it's good design to give a class a fancy looking weapon in order to convince players to play said class.

It not only contradicts their philosophy on compelling gameplay by saying "ohai we know we can't design rogues as a fun class, so here's a shiny orange weapon for ya!", but like everyone has already said, they straight reneged on their word to not design legendaries for a single class. Good show Blizz! You could probably achieve your goal of losing subs by just like randomly dc'ing players for the next few months til 4.3.

owait...
    Good job misreading a very simple post. Part of the reason there's a rogue only legendary coming up is because they are currently underpresented in PvE, while not being underpowered and in need of a significant buff and, knowing Blizzard, they don't want to make big changes mid-expansion, so they try to amend rogues' problems temporarily by giving them a legendary, and all melees in general by giving them a buff in PvE raids (thus not giving them an unneeded buff in PvP).
    That said, I never said I thought it was good design, but it is clearly Blizzard's intention. I am not a Blizzard employee.

Lastly, as far as I know, they've always said legendaries will be for a select few number of classes, and not the other way around; making a legendary for one specific class is not far from that.
    Last edited by mmoc522dc42c8a; 2011-09-19 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Natureseer View Post

This.

This expansion was to update super outdated old world content. It could be one of the reasons we got only 5 level. But I digress you can't make everyone happy all the time.

Deleted
    Looking for Raid gear will be stronger than the new five man heroics, but weaker than normal raids.
    Ouch! was looking forward to coming back to WoW and trying the new looking for raid but this put me right off.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilfrier View Post
    I agree that the end result is likely that. But what the hell good is it when all the game becomes is, "rotate your DPS to whichever class has the legendary?" It's not a matter of making the class better or fun. It's people want more legendaries, so they class hop with alts and play it out for a patch or two until the next legendary arrives. It's not going to make rogues a better class. They'll be tossed aside when the next DPS legendary comes out, if that's what it is.

They SHOULD focus more on making the SPEC better. Most classes have a certain spec, no? I'd say 75%+ of raiding hunters are MM. Would making a hunter legendary that boosts pets so BM is more popular fix it? No, becuase in a couple of months, it'll be back to sucking at DPS because the CLASS is broken.

An OP weapon for the class is just a stall tactic so they don't have to fix the REAL issues until the next expansion, if they even do it then. In fact, I wonder if that's the whole reason rogues are getting a specific legendary--to give them an OP weapon to make up for Blizzard's laziness and unwillingness to fix the class in a proper manner.
    My thoughts exactly. I don't even want to talk about a further imbalanced PvP, in the end it really ties to Blizzard beginning to neglect the games on behalf of their other projects(In past I wouldn't have really supported this idea, but seeing the flow of the game nowadays I'm beginning to)...

A class-exclusive legendary is a terrible design flow, it would have been nicer if it would have been available to Hunters aswell such as two daggers can be changed into a bow to make it nicer, they've made Atiesh pickable with class, why not this?

Rogues may not be represented well in PvE, however, they are in PvP to the point of 30% of PvP players consisting of them, yet, it is not because guilds have a hate for them to not recruit them, its because they chose not to raid, hence don't take part it PvE...

...and from the looks of story of the dungeon we'll be the ones create the infinite dragonflight as the reason for us to send us back to help/recover such items will lead to great parodoxes...

Now I'm waiting for my tier looks, in addition, if I get the idea that Blizzard is still neglecting my class(which they are terms of class balance, which there is no balance as its either gib or get gibbed), I'll help them to fix it, how? One more less DK, one more less people needing a fix, in their way or erasing the class, rather them forcing into the lore(means I will quit not reroll)...

TL;DR: Its good that you are trying new things Blizzard, so will we in the future(it will be new in the sense that there will be no Blizzard in it)...

Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    This is one of the biggest updates ever....and you're whining. Some of you REALLY need to go out and deal with the WORST of the WORST so you can actually be greatful for what we're getting.
    Blizzard isn't their grandma and patch 4.3 isn't an Xmas present. Grateful for something they are paying premium money for? Seriously? As paying customers, they can whine as much they'd like. Once they realize how ineffective and silly that is, they - like I and nearly 1 million other people did in just 6 months - can do something far more effective: stop paying.

Quote Originally Posted by Taronar View Post
    Intresting stuff, but.

Rogue legendary. Rogues had atleast two decent legendary's (starsfury and twinblades and e.v.t Thunderfury). Why add a third?
    3 new dungeons in CoT sounds great, but are there alot players going to do those while there is a new Looking for Raid tool with beter drops?
    The Dragon Soul raid has 7/8 bosses. To my personal exeperience this is rather low. Firelands was on 7 and you can do it easly in 3 hours. Blizzard want raiders to use LFR and LFG more??

However I think this will be a great patch and might raise the subs back a bit!
    GJ Blizzard (so far)
    likely LFR will still have the the week long lockout for the raid done with in it.
    or possibly you will only be able to get loot from a boss once a week within it.
    Last edited by mordale; 2011-09-19 at 08:34 AM.

WOW. Just did some more reading, found this as a quote translated from a taiwanese website: "First 5-player dungeon. Under Nozdormu’s guide, players will venture into the future of Azeroth (Location is the Dragonblight) to see, first hand, what if Deathwing’s plan had been fruitful. It would be the world where the Hour of Twilight had
    happened. It will be the end of time. Sylvanas and an undead army will be featuring in this dungeon, as well as an infinite dragon named Murozond."

Sylvanas. Waddup. Sounds flippin awesome man!!

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I must be a horrible person since I just got a huge nerdgasm over thinking about all the "AH-playas'" who have been stacking Pyrite Ore for months
    A friend of mine has a Guild Bank full of Pyrite Ore... Oh, boy is he gonna be pissed, rofl!

The best joy is the joy from other peoples misfortunes! No denying it!

Also, Impetuous (Haomarush-EU) 6/7HC recruiting a godlike Rogue, plox? I'd reroll to my old Rogue-main if I wasnt next in line for Dragonwrath on my Shaman :P