Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Well I for one am excited about the patch. In a major way because my main is (still) a rogue, and it has been a while since the warglaives were new and awesome. It sounds like the legendary quest will be what I hoped was in the game from the start of vanilla, when I encountered the Ravenholdt faction, but was disappointed. Some quests where you get to sneak around and do rogueish stuff.

Deleted
    This patch is going to be the best. I can hardly wait.

More legendary daggers? Why not introduce something we HAVEN'T seen before? e.g. a shield... Doesn't make sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kzilla View Post
    Read Ghostcrawler's exact word: "It is rare enough to take all of 4.3 to replace all of your red rare quality gems with red epic gems."

He said it'll take ~4 months to acquire 8-12 red epic gems (range of BiS' for DPS specs) through your own boss geodes. So unless you pool and trade amongst your guild/friends or purchase any, it will take you until 5.0 is almost live to finish gemming your gear. And that's also assuming you didn't spend ANY on non-BiS gear.

So 20 weeks x 8 bosses (geodes) a week gives you 160 geodes. 6 epic gems + 6 blue were said to have a chance to come from a geode. That'd put red epic gems at about a 13% chance per geode.

Yes I know GC was probably talking about middle-of-the-road guilds or maybe even just above that. And yes I know I shouldn't take his obvious generalization as canon. My overall point being that "it will take a little extra time for the auction house to be flooded with them" isn't something you thought about before posting.

There are hundreds of people per faction per server that have thousands if not hundreds of thousands of pyrite, elementium and prisms stocked up. I'm glad they are doing this instead of putting epic gems in ore/prisms/etc even though I'm one of those people. There'd be an endless supply of epic gems from day 1 until Heroic Deathwing. How derp would that be?

Grats Blizz on choosing to make something with the label "Epic" on it stop feeling common, just please don't stop there.
    You're going to bash me when you're overthinking something that hasn't even hit the PTR yet? Get real.

Deleted
    This actually sounds really good. Only disappointment is that it's only 7 bosses in the Deathwing raid. Please stop the QQ around the legendary, next time it will most definitely be for tanks!

So if it's gonna take so long to grind epic gems ( they're will be no money to be made from JCing? Sounds like ~2/3 gem a month per person for an active 25 man raiding guild. Great.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    Amen, SWTOR can't come fast enough.

Epic gems only through raiding. Tier only through raiding, so no reason to play alts anymore. On top of one-class legendary and taking a huge dump on the established lore, I'm pretty much fully disenfranchised with WoW.
    what the hell do your alts need gear if you dont raid with them ???

YOU WANT GEAR ON YOUR ALT ???? Raid with it... NOTHING will change

I really got a "fuck you enhancement shamans" vibe. Not only do we finally get a dual wield, agility pair of legendaries.... but they're going to be for Rogues only... but now we get patted on the head and told "it's okay, you nice little melee get a free bonus DPS boost because you just can't keep up."I'm disappointed in that respect. I like the idea of Raid Finder for my non-raiding toons, I like the ideas of the 5 mans, and I like the Transmog things. But my main is getting shafted.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Rather disappointed by the very small amount of bosses... They better make the Looking for Raid loot worst than normal Firelands, I have no desire to queue for that in order to upgrade my gear for the new raid itself. I mean, why the f*** are we gearing up if some random raid thing will upgrade all our heroic loots in the first week.

D'UH ! because there is going to be an ILEVEL requirments to get into that " Looking for raid " group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    Those 5-man instances sound pretty cool, can't wait to try them.
    Ghostcrawler doesn't once mention 5-man instances.

He does, however, mention 5-PLAYER instances.

I love being picky

Quote Originally Posted by Lilfrier View Post
    Seeing as they are LOSING, not GAINING subscribers, I'd say that's not really a good thing. Yes, it makes alts easier to get to 85 and more accessible to some like myself who hate leveling, but when end-game is the thing pople play to achieve (questing is not the end goal), it's bad when you fix the questing at the expense of a good deal of end-game content.
    It's something that had to be done though. They couldn't leave the old 1-60 quests in the horrible state that they were in forever. Those zones were such a barrier to entry into the game that in the long run, it would have held back rising subscription numbers. Now with the necessary upgrades to the seriously disjointed flow of the 1-60 range over with, the next expansion can return to bringing what players consider real content. If that expansion brings as much level 85-?? content as this expansion brought for 1-60 and 80-85, the community would be completely blown away.

Sorry if it is posted already but Murozond is an anagram for Nozdormu.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfieone View Post
    I really got a "fuck you enhancement shamans" vibe. Not only do we finally get a dual wield, agility pair of legendaries.... but they're going to be for Rogues only... but now we get patted on the head and told "it's okay, you nice little melee get a free bonus DPS boost because you just can't keep up."I'm disappointed in that respect. I like the idea of Raid Finder for my non-raiding toons, I like the ideas of the 5 mans, and I like the Transmog things. But my main is getting shafted.
    Same. And I bet Rogue number massively outweight Enhance Shammys. "re-roll Resto!" - go put your head in the oven.

Quote Originally Posted by Kashii View Post
    Legendary for ONE class. GG. The capstone mistake in an expansion full of mistakes resulting in a big pile of poop.

As a ranged DPS I can say that I'm pretty disappointed that this next legendary isn't a TANK legendary. It should be obvious to anyone that it's "their turn."

And I love the cop out that you can't have a tanking weapon because of differnt class tanking styles. Get real. I mean, NEVER in the history of this game have they ever had an item obtained through a drop + quest chain that was finally crafted into differnet possible items depending on your class (and spec). Yeah right.

Tough to balance? NO - if you know a warrior/paladin tank would be carrying a sheild then simply nerf the one hand version slightly to compensate from the stat values avaialbe on the avg T13 sheild.

But what can you expect from a development team that has become devoid of all creativity.
    Pretty much this. Since they've told us the legendaries will be a main hand and off hand dagger, why couldn't they make a sword + shield combo that Blood Death Knights could combine together to make a single 2 handed weapon? - Right click item to convert to X style.

On another note, is it just me, or does Ysera look corrupted as hell? Is Ysera going to turn out to be an enemy at some point? ¬.¬

they are messing with the lore. Thrall nor nozdormu were directly involved in the war of the ancients. Noz sort of was part of the reason that got krasus and rhonin there, but he wasnt physically in it. The whole point of the caverns of time instances was to make sure things played out exactly the way they did in the past regardless if the outcome was good or bad. Now, if we are helping thrall recover the demon soul, thats a pretty significant change IMO.

Let me get this straight, they just did an entire expansion that was incredibly element based, but they couldn't (or wouldn't) find a way to make enhance shammys get some love and finally have a legendary? So much hate..

10+ Year Old Account
    Too many Night Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    what the hell do your alts need gear if you dont raid with them ???

YOU WANT GEAR ON YOUR ALT ???? Raid with it... NOTHING will change
    I do raid on my alt. In our main raid, actually.

Main is a prot paladin. Since Ret isn't competitive, I swap out on Heroic Majordomo every other week to my fury warrior alt, which means I can't pug it...or I can pug up to that boss. Which means I'm stuck at the 3 pieces of T12 that I can obtain with VP. Not to mention the melee DPS that are gearing up boomkin alts so we can kill heroic Rag. Plenty of guilds do this, and having tier drop solely from bosses will force players to do a lot of alt-runs they don't really want to do and burn out faster just so they can have the proper class comps for the harder fights.

You'd rather open your mouth and look cool though.

I like how even after all the AMAZING SCREENSHOTS AND INFORMATION, people still find something to whine about.

Deleted
    The screenshots look effing SPECTACULAR. Those alone are getting me really excited for 4.3.