Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merodium View Post
    Your point with that post would be... What? Noone ever said a "WoW-killer" would have to be an mmo.
    So a TOTALLY different game can kill the WoW genre (mmorpg). Thats like saying CoD will kill guild wars 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

Just to answer a few questions, as someone who knows all about not getting into beta.

Quote Originally Posted by djprada View Post
    Question! Do you have to have an active sub to WoW or any other Blizz game to get into BETA?? Anyone who doesnt have active WoW sub got in??
    No you do not, you only need to have opted in.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashi View Post
    How do they actually choose whos getting a key? is it totally random or do they go for players who play alot? have a super good computer setup? or simply something else?
    Technically blizzard hand picks who gets in, but they do it to have D3 running on a huge range of different comps. Since there's no way to increase your odds of getting in, it's 100% random.

Deleted
    Reason for closed beta is to first check the game with a limited amount of users, how servers behave and how stable the game engine is. When they find out its working rather well they will open it up for more users. Rather normal beahivour. All here should know what the issue is first play day after a huge release... LAAAAGGGG/DC/QUEUE.
    This is awsome news Happy as a pig!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hydra View Post
    Lol I'm sorry but wtf is Torchlight? I've never heard of it, therefore it isn't important enough to compete with any game.

Edit: Just saw some screenshots, Diablo series rip-off using Warcraft III graphics, gg to that.
    Diablo series rip-off? It's developed by the original Diablo team from Blizzard North, who left Blizz ages ago. Torchlight is a pretty decent to be honest, and yes there are certain Diablo references, but I think that's allowed when you are the actual original maker of Diablo lol. I'm really looking forward to Diablo III and I would like to play Torchlight 2 as well, it's not about deciding which game is best for me, it's about playing two great games.
    Originally Posted by Tigole
    I'm not so sure endgame players would like the face of the game if everyone had instant access to all of the content. There is something to be said for progression and the sense of accomplishment. Don't get me wrong, we have to be careful not to create a brick wall for new people, but I think there is a balance to be struck here.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RumlyD View Post
    Diablo series rip-off? It's developed by the original Diablo team from Blizzard North, who left Blizz ages ago. Torchlight is a pretty decent to be honest, and yes there are certain Diablo references, but I think that's allowed when you are the actual original maker of Diablo lol. I'm really looking forward to Diablo III and I would like to play Torchlight 2 as well, it's not about deciding which game is best for me, it's about playing two great games.
    Like ArenaNet with Guild Wars? Granted it was a good game but not enough to blast the gates down with record sells. Torchlight will be no different and especially with an outdated engine which it's using. (Whatever engine that may be).

Edit: 2 of the co-founders of Blizzard North it seems but even still Vivendi shut it down back in 2005.
    Last edited by Hydra; 2011-09-21 at 08:11 AM.

I'm a God, just not the kind you should tangle with.

Like ArenaNet with Guild Wars? Granted it was a good game but not enough to blast the gates down with record sells. Torchlight will be no different and especially with an outdated engine which it's using. (Whatever engine that may be).

Edit: 2 of the co-founders of Blizzard North it seems but even still Vivendi shut it down back in 2005.
    The question is, what point are you trying to make?

First you reference ArenaNet and GW, which is odd, because as far as I know, ArenaNet is still pretty much in one piece and doesn't have a direct competitor fabricated by one of their ex-employees, plus, GW2 is, as far as I know, being developed by ArenaNet.

Second, you claim TL2 will be running on an old engine, although you mention in that same breath, that you don't actually know whether they do or not.

Third, you reference the Blizzard North shutdown and somehow the date for that occurrence is relevant..how?

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    The question is, what point are you trying to make?

First you reference ArenaNet and GW, which is odd, because as far as I know, ArenaNet is still pretty much in one piece and doesn't have a direct competitor fabricated by one of their ex-employees, plus, GW2 is, as far as I know, being developed by ArenaNet.

Second, you claim TL2 will be running on an old engine, although you mention in that same breath, that you don't actually know whether they do or not.

Third, you reference the Blizzard North shutdown and somehow the date for that occurrence is relevant..how?
    The point I'm trying to make is that game won't offer anything new and exciting since it's practically a rip-off. Yea I referenced ArenaNet (because it was founded by former Blizzard employees like Runic). GW2 has been in development for what? Several years now?

I never said it was going to run on the Warcraft III engine, I'm simply saying whatever engine it will be running on...looks like Warcraft III graphics which is a 9 year old engine.

Because I can, deal with it. I've never heard of Torchlight 2 until recently, which means there is practically no hype about it to the public...imagine that, maybe because it looks like shit?

The point I'm trying to make is that game won't offer anything new and exciting since it's practically a rip-off.
    And thats why their fanbase is made entirely of nostalgia dreamers. They wont dare to change something now.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    If I want to be a nostalgia dreamer, I'll go play Diablo II. No point in playing a game that has close to no hype and quite honestly, hasn't gotten with the times. We're in DX11 days, not DX5.

Because I can, deal with it. I've never heard of Torchlight 2 until recently, which means there is practically no hype about it to the public...imagine that, maybe because it looks like shit?
    No, actually, there's quite a hype about it, this for example:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ght=torchlight

There's also quite a few people that mock DIII for having shit graphics.
    Let me just state that I'm still in the DIII camp, for now, but TL was fun, so I don't see why TL2 can't become even better.

Your point doesn't exactly match with the sentences that you wrote, but I assume that's just lost in translation.

Quote Originally Posted by salate View Post
    same here
    i wanna cry when newcommers in cata get invites :<

never seen betaa!
    gief gief!

So you mean that players, that never players WoW till today shouldnt get a betakey even tho they been playing Diablo since release? grow up, WoW got NOTHING to do with D3......

Dear Blizzard, I'm a good girl, I have all Starcraft (plus one CE), both W3 and, WoW (two CE's) and Diablo II, please give me a beta key <3

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    No, actually, there's quite a hype about it, this for example:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ght=torchlight

There's also quite a few people that mock DIII for having shit graphics.
    Let me just state that I'm still in the DIII camp, for now, but TL was fun, so I don't see why TL2 can't become even better.

Your point doesn't exactly match with the sentences that you wrote, but I assume that's just lost in translation.
    Obviously lost in translation. I don't think the graphics are that bad but they could be better and certainly better than Failtorch 2. MMO-Champion isn't an ideal outlet for hype about a game btw.

I know plenty of people are looking forward to Torchlight 2. But it doesn't really matter how big or popular it is, as long as it is a good game and some people get some fun out of it. Diablo III will be really great, obviously, but it's not gonna be perfect either. I am looking forward to both games for different reasons.
    Originally Posted by Tigole
    I'm not so sure endgame players would like the face of the game if everyone had instant access to all of the content. There is something to be said for progression and the sense of accomplishment. Don't get me wrong, we have to be careful not to create a brick wall for new people, but I think there is a balance to be struck here.

Obviously lost in translation. I don't think the graphics are that bad but they could be better and certainly better than Failtorch 2. MMO-Champion isn't an ideal outlet for hype about a game btw.
    Fans of a genre. Diablo III is only popular, because Blizzard is popular. Blizzard is probably only popular, because WoW became the hit that it is today and has been for 6 years and WoW wouldn't have been popular without Warcraft, which after all, was Blizzards first big success (correct me if I'm wrong). Although I should mention the success of both DII and SC, of course.

Runic is "just another" company. The hype lies mostly with the fans of the genre and not so much with the fans of Runic. Naturally, there is less news about TL2 than there is about DIII. Which, by the way, is also due to the fact that the first TL was released as an "Indie" game, for a price roughly around €15.

I also wonder why you have to say things like "failtorch". You obviously have never heard of the game, you said so yourself, and you haven't played the game if you don't know it. All you have is very low resolution and pixelated screenshots from their website. TL looks a lot better than those screenshots so I'm assuming TL2 will look a lot better than TL. You shouldn't burn things down without at least having an actual understanding of why you are doing it.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2011-09-21 at 08:58 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Any reports of people receiving invites? If yes, any EU people among them? From what I saw on Twitter, the only ones bragging about D3 beta invites are press people.
    titanFocus.info -- news, predictions and place for discussion about Blizzard's upcoming next-gen MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Mynsc View Post
    Any reports of people receiving invites? If yes, any EU people among them? From what I saw on Twitter, the only ones bragging about D3 beta invites are press people.
    The EU website does not speak of any BETA event going live, so I'm assuming, and hoping, that they've not yet launched DIII BETA in the EU. That's the only hope I can give you, or myself. Perhaps someone else can do better :P

10+ Year Old Account
    The EU website does not speak of any BETA event going live, so I'm assuming, and hoping, that they've not yet launched DIII BETA in the EU. That's the only hope I can give you, or myself. Perhaps someone else can do better :P
    i am hoping for the very same thing, i really want to test D3 =P, but probably won't get a beta key, never have

Quote Originally Posted by Chri478n View Post
    i am hoping for the very same thing, i really want to test D3 =P, but probably won't get a beta key, never have
    It's the same for me. I've never gotten a beta key, but I've also never really cared about getting into beta, knowing that I'd get bored too quickly. This is different though, I played DII for 6 years without pause and still start it up occasionally. I have no doubt I'll enjoy playing this BETA. Not to mention that I do post feedback :P
    Last edited by Vespian; 2011-09-21 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by g1zm0 View Post
    Never gotten a beta invite for any game from Blizzard So I will not get my hopes up that I will get one this time. Blizzard hates me
    same. /10 char