15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashar View Post
    Don't make builds, lurk pvx wika, get some team build subway/spiritway and let heroes clear stuff for you. With proper team i cleared whole
    Nightfall with master revards in 3 days.
    I have @_@ Oh lord, I have. Yet I go to put it in...and I don't have some of the skills. x.x Then it turns into me pouring through the wiki to find it, and me getting irked!

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Why won't they just tell us the 8th profession already? I mean we already know its mesmer because of the process of elimination. But its been a year now since engineer was released (that was the current one right?) and even if Mesmer is not ready they can still at least tell us....

/cry
    Actually 4 months.

10+ Year Old Account
    is there a point to doing stuff in Hardmode? and if anyone is looking to do Nightfall i am down.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

So I've been meaning to get at least 30 points in my HoM for some time now, but I've been sitting at 27 for months now. Anyone got any recommendations of what I should do next? I'm thinking of getting Vabbian armor and a Torment weapon, but that's a lot of money I don't have at the moment, and still leaves me one point short. Note I've also been playing this game solo since 2007. >>

http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=m...AAAVMIIAAAAAAA

Quote Originally Posted by DeanyKong View Post
    So I've been meaning to get at least 30 points in my HoM for some time now, but I've been sitting at 27 for months now. Anyone got any recommendations of what I should do next? I'm thinking of getting Vabbian armor and a Torment weapon, but that's a lot of money I don't have at the moment, and still leaves me one point short.

http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=m...AAAVMIIAAAAAAA
    Resilience definitely.

You just need 3 more armors in your Hall of Monuments.. it's fairly easy!

http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=m...AAAYUgYAAAAAAA
    Last edited by Jovanaar; 2011-09-21 at 12:00 PM. Reason: my HoM

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Anet isn't attending any Cons for the remainder of the year.
    They're at one tomorrow. lol

The Eurogamer Expo is from tomorrow til Sunday, and then there's also Paris Games Week in October.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, just read something on the home page of MMO-C and made me wonder...

First lets quote it: "We have some new gameplay elements in mind for these raids, including a mechanic where players are granted the ability to dodge a deadly attack from a twilight dragon by phasing away."

So, question: how probable is it that Blizzard took the mechanic from GW2? >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post

First lets quote it: "We have some new gameplay elements in mind for these raids, including a mechanic where players are granted the ability to dodge a deadly attack from a twilight dragon by phasing away."

I'm sure blizzard wouldn't stoop to that level *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post

Not likely honestly, in GW2 you actually dodge. This sounds different like some weird rogue vanish that lets attacks pass through you or something, would have to see it in action though, but GW2 will have a superior dodge mechanic while Blizz's sounds a bit cheap.

---------- Post added 2011-09-21 at 01:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    I'm sure blizzard wouldn't stoop to that level *cough*
    To be fair just about every game is getting involved in the whole appearance tab type stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    is there a point to doing stuff in Hardmode? and if anyone is looking to do Nightfall i am down.
    Beating all missions on Hardmode (with bonus/master rewards) grants you the Guardian titles.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/%22Honor%22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    To be fair just about every game is getting involved in the whole appearance tab type stuff.
    Pfft...
    It's the exact same system. It even has a similar name (transmutation vs transmogrification).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Pfft...
    It's the exact same system. It even has a similar name (transmutation vs transmogrification).
    but GW2 got that from Aion too though, haha. but Aions seems the most user friendly and it is maaaaaad cheap to do so. says alot though about GW2 ideas since they seem to make WoW feel threatened.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

What is going to be your main character? Why and how are you going to name it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    I'll be making a Human Necromancer. I'm not sure what I'll be naming it, but I'll make sure the name sounds good together with Quinn, one of the main characters of the street rat storyline.

I've got a few alts planned out that I may end up making first, most recently a Norn Elementalist, because I always liked the caster Vrykul mobs in Northrend. I guess I would name him in a similar way as I'll name my Necromancer.

Deleted
    I'll make a Human Guardian, name undecided.

Followed by either a Norn necro or elementalist, most likely depending on whichever turns out stronger on launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Charr warrior and Human Thief, kind of undecided on which i wanna play first. Got a long history of punching things in the face on MMOs so keeping it up.
    WoW Hunter WarriorPaladin Death Knight
    D3 Crusader
    Gw2 Lvl 80 Dragon Hunter, Lvl 80 Warrior, Lvl 80 Revenant
    Bnet GrapeSoda#1671
    Gw2 GrapeSoda.5980
    Hit me up, let's play.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    Main to be human soldier of some kind - waffling between Guardian and Warrior; whichever does not get mainned will be given to my Norn alt. Hopefully, that will be the extent of my character list.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one who always decide class and race on the character create screen rather than planning it months ahead?

Quote Originally Posted by thebum06 View Post
    Am I the only one who always decide class and race on the character create screen rather than planning it months ahead?
    I'll probably do this with Skyrim because you can undo a lot of your early decisions without having to play the game over again. I wouldn't want to have to reroll in GW2 just because I didn't like my race or class.

Quote Originally Posted by thebum06 View Post
    I pretty much always play the same thing: melee in plate, preferably with some sort of minor 'caster potential.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!