Deleted
    I'm stuck between warrior and thief for my main, I always play the warrior/rogue type classes in MMO's, but I know in GW2 they will play nothing like them, so it's a tough choice that will be made during beta.

That said, my Warrior will be a Charr, and my Thief will be either Human or Sylvari. Sylvari if I can make one look like Caithe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashar View Post
    Don't make builds, lurk pvx wika, get some team build subway/spiritway and let heroes clear stuff for you. With proper team i cleared whole Nightfall with master revards in 3 days.
    Alot of the founders and main contributers of PVX got feed up with the crap wika was forceing on them. AKA wika forced major changes to the backend that radicly altered the layout and stuffed excessive amounts of adds that screwed with the templets. A whole crowd of them left and forked the site over onto a curse hosted site. That one is being maintained and frankly the wika one has gone all to shit and is hard to read. http://www.gwpvx.com/PvX_wiki

Who is John Galt?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrowmore View Post
    I'll probably do this with Skyrim because you can undo a lot of your early decisions without having to play the game over again. I wouldn't want to have to reroll in GW2 just because I didn't like my race or class.
    Personally I think researching a game too much before it's released makes the game less fun once I actually get to play it, so I really just casually read the overall info without looking at the more detailed class descriptions, and just decide once I see the classes during character creation. You'll usually know if you like the playstyle of a certain class within the first few levels, so it's it's really bad you can always start again. I plan on playing everything anyway.

Deleted
    Charr Warrior or Charr/Human Guardian. Engineer and Mesmer seem really cool as well.

Think I'd go with a Warrior primarily though as I've grown rather tired of the "Holy Warrior" archetype after several years as a boring, no-good too-easy-for-its-own-good Paladin in WoW and I want to play something offensive for once. I'm not completely 100 on what exactly the Guardian is, all I know is that it apparently uses defensive magic, has a shield and wears plate, which is very Paladin-like.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vanin View Post
    Charr Warrior or Charr/Human Guardian. Engineer and Mesmer seem really cool as well.

Think I'd go with a Warrior primarily though as I've grown rather tired of the "Holy Warrior" archetype after several years as a boring, no-good too-easy-for-its-own-good Paladin in WoW and I want to play something offensive for once. I'm not completely 100 on what exactly the Guardian is, all I know is that it apparently uses defensive magic, has a shield and wears plate, which is very Paladin-like.
    Your Guardian can be offensive or defensive as you like, since you select the weapon for skills and your utilitys.
    With that said, the guardian is better played in groups rather than solo, atleast that's what ImperfectBlock said after playing Warrior/Guardian on demos.

I don't know what combinations I'll play. I think I might just try them all limited only by the number of slots allowed without having to buy them.
    I'm still thinking about it...

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    What is going to be your main character? Why and how are you going to name it?
    Charr Warrior, followed by a Sylvari Guardian or an Asura Engineer/Elementalist. No names as of yet, since I'm so terrible with them.
    Last edited by StationaryHawk; 2011-09-21 at 04:30 PM.

Deleted
    I'm getting excided man, I've got 10 irl friends who will join me to guildwars LOL! :P Sick ( I bet this will beat WoW within some time. if i see how much people i know that will play this )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    What is going to be your main character? Why and how are you going to name it?
    I...don't think I'll have a main character. This'll probably be the first game where I really go alt-crazy.

I'll definitely have one character for each profession. I need to see what they'll look like before I can give them a name, but I was thinking something along the lines of:

Female Norn Warrior
    Male Norn Elementalist
    Female Charr Engineer
    Male Human Thief
    Male Human Ranger
    Fe/Male Asura (I go back and forth on this one a lot) Necromancer
    Female Sylvari Mesmer(?)
    Male Sylvari Guardian

I'm thinkin' my final roster will probably look something like that. Perhaps I'll choose a "main" out of what I find the most fun when I start, but who knows!

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    Alot of the founders and main contributers of PVX got feed up with the crap wika was forceing on them. AKA wika forced major changes to the backend that radicly altered the layout and stuffed excessive amounts of adds that screwed with the templets. A whole crowd of them left and forked the site over onto a curse hosted site. That one is being maintained and frankly the wika one has gone all to shit and is hard to read. http://www.gwpvx.com/PvX_wiki
    Thanks a ton for that info; been wondering why the hell PvX was still recommending "By Ural's Hammer!" for damage buffs.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

The wiki has some...strange articles on it, to say the least.

Grenth's Grog

The wiki has some...strange articles on it, to say the least.

Grenth's Grog
    After that, I'm hoping for some of Balthazar's Bitter, or Dwayna's Draught.

Deleted
    Omg... http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bar_brawl ... just pure awesomenes!?! Shit!

Deleted
    Norn should have advantage in bar brawls. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    Omg... http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bar_brawl ... just pure awesomenes!?! Shit!
    Yep, you can even win gear from doing minigames like that.

Yep, you can even win gear from doing minigames like that.
    Foci that look like beer steins like in GW1? That'd be awesome.

Deleted
    Question here.

Does anyone know how the PvP armour rewards will work? I know for 5v5 you join in, get up'd to 80 with skills + stats, but when we're rewarded from PvP via cosmetic armour, do we need level 80 to use it, or can we just use it no matter what?

Since I know some people will only PvP, then sometimes go out to DE's to earn some quick cash etc, so how does this armour work? Since if we can get it at any level, when we're out in PvE it's going to have to have some kind of scaling stats or something as you level.

I hope someone understands what I actually mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard View Post
    After that, I'm hoping for some of Balthazar's Bitter, or Dwayna's Draught.
    Lyssa's Lager... Melandru's Malt

Took me way too long to think of those.

Kormir's Keg?

Quote Originally Posted by Devolution View Post
    Lyssa's Lager... Melandru's Malt

Took me way too long to think of those.
    Better than I was getting; Lyssa's Pale was the best I had, sadly.

...What about Kormir, though?

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    Kormir's Keg?
    Doesn't really fit, I'm afraid, a keg being a container rather than a specific type. :/
    Last edited by Grognard; 2011-09-21 at 06:57 PM.