Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Wondering about Mists of Pandaria gear scaling

Obviously nothing has been announced regarding the next x-pack, but judging from the information we have about gear scaling from our previous ones, what are some of your estimates? I have been playing from week one and managed to always have end content and PvP gear so with that in mind I would say that it would be in the 300k-350k range mid way through MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikhailol View Post
    Obviously nothing has been announced regarding the next x-pack, but judging from the information we have about gear scaling from our previous ones, what are some of your estimates? I have been playing from week one and managed to always have end content and PvP gear so with that in mind I would say that it would be in the 300k-350k range mid way through MoP.
    dont think it woudl be that steep rite of the bat 275-300k next seaon i think maybe 350 seaon after

Deleted
    Been playing since week 1 and still believe Mop is the next expac? >.>

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's really hard to say. Blizzard might choose to jump values up again, or they might barely increase them. I doubt anyone who was playing WotLK in say, patch 3.3 thought that a tank would go from 15-30k health then to more like 120-200k health in the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tric619 View Post
    Don't even start...

OT: I think it wouldn't be too far fetched to be able to solo the majority of Wrath content with ease as well as some of the normal dungeons in Cata.
    Last edited by Obayl; 2011-09-22 at 06:45 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh you were talking about health points...I think it's going to be around 300K
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

Deleted
    If they keep scaling like this , we will have people getting 500k in the beginning (might be just tank in the very beginning). I wouldn´t be surprised if we will be having the 1st health Millionare in next Xpack.

I really hope the scaling is the about the same as it was from bc - wrath

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as everything is relative, I don't think it matters. My 200k health doesn't afford me a ton more survivability than my 40k health back in Wrath did.

Clearly, he's talking about crits. 300k-350k crits. Or maybe average ilvl. Or stat amounts. 300k strength!!
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by nurabsal View Post
    on an aside, i think Bane Falcon might be my hero
    2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obayl View Post
    Don't even start...

OT: I think it wouldn't be too far fetched to be able to solo the majority of Wrath content with ease as well as some of the normal dungeons in Cata.
    Agreed. Can we have a MoP thread that doesn't turn into a flame war?

Anyway.

I believe we will end Cata over 200k health. Probably hit 90 and be over 300k. From there expect a 60-75k rise each tier. So that's three tiers.... plus the 300k...

So we'll end at around 500k health.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Don't even start...

Hell, should be able to solo Cata heroics and some raids on 10 man, mechanic-dependent of course. Wrath heroics are pretty easy to solo, although I don't know if anyone's done HoR yet. Probably.

Deleted
    Don't even start...

Already happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor4life View Post
    Already happening.
    Keyword "ease." As far as I'm aware, most classes aside from hunters and blood DKs have difficulty soloing Wrath raids, though heroic dungeons aren't difficult at all.

The way I've seen it in my time playing, it's basically that scaling will allow you to handle up to heroic dungeons from the previous expansion easily, raids from two expansions back and farther (depending on mechanics, gear, your own abilities, etc.). Not to mention that we've seen an approximate tripling of health pools at some point in each expansion (DPS left Wrath with ~30k health; by the time they hit 85, they were easily at 90k+).

So, I'd say a 300k health pool could be a pretty good guess, and that's the range I've been thinking. Health likely would rise much higher as players geared up further in subsequent patches. Tanks of course would be inflated even higher still.

Rather foolish to call next expansion "mop" as there has been no confirmation whatsoever yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raivosoturi View Post
    Rather foolish to call next expansion "mop" as there has been no confirmation whatsoever yet.
    Exp title is really kind of irrelevant to the nature of the OP's topic.

500k on the outside. I'd guess somewhere closer to 350-400k more likely.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

10+ Year Old Account
    Could you possibly be that thick headed to doubt it?

Deleted
    I think they will put it up to 300k with the next xpac (MoP or not, really dosent't matter, it isn't what the topic is about so everyone just Shhhhhhhhh... :P) then in the xpac AFTER that they will scale everything down and we will go back to cata numbers which is 170-200k for tanks. That's just what I think anyway, could be wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    Could you possibly be that thick headed to doubt it?
    doubt what? some random quote and the fact that blizz trademarked the title ? It doesnt mean anything

Its not me whos thick headed seems is you thats so gullible.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Considering

1: its too late for them to trademark anything else
    2: The teases and hints about Pandas
    3: The increased volume of lore coming out
    4: Their appearance in comics and their own planned special
    5: TCs extremely evasive non-answer on the subject
    6: Blizzards continued lack of denial

I'm finding it hard to think of any even semi-solid reason to doubt it.

EJL