So NCIX opened shop in the US

For those that don't know. NCIX is Canada's Newegg equivalent. Like many of you, I'm that guy that always gets asked for advice on what to buy, where to buy, and how to build/troubleshoot. Often, it's from someone I know online that lives up north in Canada, and I usually recommend NCIX to them because they price match NE, and for $50 they assemble and warranty your build for 1 year. Get F'd Cyberpower and IBP lol. Right now they are having their grand opening for their US site with some pretty sick deals. Anyhow, just thought I would share this for those that didn't know.

P.S. I know we aren't suppose to advertise or promo sites here, but a lot of what we do in this forum, besides aiding people with their comp issues, is helping them decide what and where to buy. Additionally, we get a lot of people here who want to buy custom system but don't know how, or even want, to build it themselves, so they get sent to places like CyberPower. This is a nice alternative where they can get their systems built based on the advice we give them, with the exact products we recommend at NE prices. Basically, although I am essentially plugging their site, I'm really only posting it because is a valuable tool for what we do here, and I hope the mods can see that.

Deleted
    NCIX is on the list in the "Where to buy components..." thread found here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/912692?p=11640486
    It is however listed under "CA". If you want it to be added under "US" as well then I suggest you post in that thread.

While we accept it when people link to sites to provide help or to present a product we don't allow advertizing in general. For future reference, posts like this one isn't really necessary.
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2011-09-24 at 08:26 PM.

My apologies. It's not a sticky thread, and I never noticed it. I went ahead and posted a request there.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    No worries dude. Marest and I were joking about it in IRC. I said we should post something in big red letters doing a fake warning, but that would be abusing our new mod abilities. I thought the thread was stickied, we'll see about rectifying that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizey View Post
    My apologies. It's not a sticky thread, and I never noticed it. I went ahead and posted a request there.
    It's part of the sticky index (which exists because we don't want the forum to be crowded with stickies).

Whoa, they build it for you for $50??? Never letting anyone I know get a prebuilt again!

GTX 560 TI stable at 1GhZ
    PCPartPicker Love it.

yeah they are nice, check Linus channel who works at NCIX for pc geek paradise
    http://www.youtube.com/user/LinusTechTips

10+ Year Old Account
    whats funny i know someone who looks and talks almost exactly like Linus and works for a computer part distributor though he isn't the spokesperson.
    @op they didn't open shop in US they just have a US website and still ship from canada meaning higher shipping charges.

Quote Originally Posted by lockblock View Post
    whats funny i know someone who looks and talks almost exactly like Linus and works for a computer part distributor though he isn't the spokesperson.
    @op they didn't open shop in US they just have a US website and still ship from canada meaning higher shipping charges.
    Check your info sir. NCIX opened a distribution warehouse on 9/16 in City of Industry California to handle all of their US sales. I believe Linus even has a video discussing it on his youtube channel.
    Last edited by Dizey; 2011-09-25 at 01:27 AM.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, it's a heads up though, they do have some things on a grand opening sale. ^_^
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard