Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mods closing threads

Over the past few days ive been reading alot of threads, no matter what its about people start to argue, sometimes i agree it can get abit out of hand and we warnt mmo champion to be a friendly forum with no harsh language etc..

But imo since we got new moderators in these forums some threads are getting closed way to fast. Just because people argue, the thread should not be closed just because someone calls someone a moron.

Maybe its just me... but i would like to hear what other people may think.

Deleted
    you do realize your thread fits better at http://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/2...s-and-Feedback ?

// continuing to point out the obvious since '08

10+ Year Old Account
    Moving this to suggestions and feedback (not closing!)

Also, if you have any issues with any mod decision, always feel free to PM sunshine /bibi.

Deleted
    If you have any feedback regarding certain moderators, feel free to PM Sunshine or Boubs and they will be able to help you.
    Damn you Maha, too quick!

10+ Year Old Account
    you are a moron

Now we wait to see how long it is before this is closed.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Sunshine; 2011-09-23 at 03:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doonie View Post
    Add Factions to the quicklinks on the Cataclysm drop down menu pl0x!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Will do!
    You're Welcome MMO

Would be great to give some examples, OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

I've always felt that mods in general on MMOC tend to take various mod actions more readily than mods on most other forums I've been on. I had thought this might have been a good thing, cut down on trolling and so on, but that doesnt seem to be the case. Or maybe it is the case, and MMOC would be an absolute cesspit if they loosened up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Most of the topics that get locked are topics mainly to flame back and forth, topics with no constructive discussion, duplicate topics, and so on.

If you disagree with a lock, you're welcome to PM the mod who locked it and ask for more information or suggest why it might be better left open. You're also welcome to PM me or Boubouille if you feel that a particular mod is repeatedly abusing power.

10+ Year Old Account
    eh some of the the threads need to be locked... wish more QQ threads were locked mainly the ones where people feel the needs to write a 500 page essay about whats wrong with wow, nerfing soon to be old content, what gear looks like, etc etc

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as i know the new mods only got promoted yesterday evening EST so far as a threads being closed by "new" mods, i don't think thats the case. I would think new mods would be lurking more then anything learning the ropes. Once again feel free to report threads you feel were not handled correctly. Obvious flame baiting threads and non constructive threads won't recieve much mercy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Most of the topics that get locked are topics mainly to flame back and forth, topics with no constructive discussion, duplicate topics, and so on.

If you disagree with a lock, you're welcome to PM the mod who locked it and ask for more information or suggest why it might be better left open. You're also welcome to PM me or Boubouille if you feel that a particular mod is repeatedly abusing power.
    I think that all of the dissension and bias against locks is just wrong. Just because they summon demons, kill babies, steal people's souls and worship that devil does not mean they are evil people!!!!

I'm coming here to say I'm noticing this as well. And its not just locked threads....I'm seeing a lot of infractions on .... well mostly people who didn't post well thought out ideas. I believe I saw two people get infracted for saying "I don't really like this change." Or something. And I can't PM anyone about it because all I see is the red card and not the mod name.

Just wanted to share that I've been noticing some weird stuff going on....

Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    I'm coming here to say I'm noticing this as well. And its not just locked threads....I'm seeing a lot of infractions on .... well mostly people who didn't post well thought out ideas. I believe I saw two people get infracted for saying "I don't really like this change." Or something. And I can't PM anyone about it because all I see is the red card and not the mod name.

PM Sunshine and include a link to the post if you have concerns, she will take care of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post

The name of the moderator appears at the bottom of the post as the last editor if they add the "<infracted>".
    Your two cases may have different reasons, you can check the guidelines found in the general forum.

As a sidenote: could those guidelines be added to every subforum or as a overall sticky? Would make it easier to find them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by banur View Post
    The name of the moderator appears at the bottom of the post as the last editor if they add the "<infracted>".
    Your two cases may have different reasons, you can check the guidelines found in the general forum.

As a sidenote: could those guidelines be added to every subforum or as a overall sticky? Would make it easier to find them.
    You can click the FAQ button. It's at the top of every page.

Just let me say this: be glad it's not like the official forums.

A thread lock here would result in a deletion and a ban there. They seem to be a lot more lenient here. Not to mention, reasons are usually provided (how Blizzard expects people to stop making the same mistakes when they don't tell them what they did wrong is beyond me).

I have to agreed I've seen a drastic increase in people being infracted and threads closed since the New mods hit the streets

Ending it is all I fucking think about, that's the shit I think about
    All alone, bawling 'til my mothafuckin' eyes bleed

Quote Originally Posted by CryptFiend View Post
    I have to agreed I've seen a drastic increase in people being infracted and threads closed since the New mods hit the streets
    It's all in your head. The average amount of infractions being handed per day out has hardly increased at all.

pretty stupid not being able to say what you think on a public forum because someone special might find it offensive

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    It's all in your head. The average amount of infractions being handed per day out has hardly increased at all.
    How odd, guess I'm imaging it also. The only real beef I have with these new mods is the fact that they hardly put any effort into putting witty jokes/comments into closed threads or infracted posts.

Remember when being infracted made you laugh in a fit of hysteria, Pepperidge Farm remembers.