Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    I'm sorry but as Blznsmri said, those addons are just a crutch. There are plenty of other games where those aren't an option and players do just fine. The fact of the matter is, is that we've come to rely on them for everything but they're not necessary in the least bit. I'm not going to continue this though since I can already tell it's going to go downhill.
    It depends on how the game is designed. WoW is designed with addons in mind and thus you can't anticipate things as well as you could in other games. So saying "there are plenty of other games" blablabla is not a qualitative argument here.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't believe I ever asked a question.

No. I know plenty of healers who don't use addons that tell who to heal and with what yet keep the entire raid alive. Just because you're not that good without them doesn't mean everyone else is too.
    But that doesn't change the fact that enabling raid frames makes the job EASIER no matter what skill level you are at. The option of having addons means that people who use them will always be better-off with them, as compared to without them. The option is available. Lets try to remember that, alright?
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by GayGirlie View Post
    It depends on how the game is designed. WoW is designed with addons in mind and thus you can't anticipate things as well as you could in other games. So saying "there are plenty of other games" blablabla is not a qualitative argument here.
    I'm sorry but I don't consider that to be true for even a moment. World of Warcraft was fine as it was back when it was first released. For example, Deadly Boss Mods is a very popular addon that basically tells you everything the boss is going to do and when he/she/it is going to do it. However, this is something any player can figure out on their own if they actually paid attention to the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    But that doesn't change the fact that enabling raid frames makes the job EASIER no matter what skill level you are at. The option of having addons means that people who use them will always be better-off with them compared to without them. The option is available. Lets try to remember that, alright?
    I can see this is upsetting you as I knew it would. Quite frankly, your crutch doesn't make you better off or more skilled than someone who refuses to use it. They can perform just as well as you if not better. The option is available but that doesn't mean anything and as far as I'm concerned, it's more hindering than helpful.

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Requimortem;13377484]I'm sorry but I don't consider that to be true for even a moment. World of Warcraft was fine as it was back when it was first released. For example, Deadly Boss Mods is a very popular addon that basically tells you everything the boss is going to do and when he/she/it is going to do it. This is something any player can figure out on their own if they actually paid attention to the fight.

You clearly ain't raiding at HC level.

You clearly ain't raiding at HC level.
    Oh, I'm so glad you could make that ignorant assumption. It really bolsters your argument.

Deleted
    Oh, I'm so glad you could make that ignorant assumption. It really bolsters your argument.
    *sigh* As if your arguments are any more convincing.

Whatever, enjoy your time on your high horse. I won't bother continuing this here, this is a thread about GW2, not WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    alright, alright. No need to go after what each other is or is not doing. While I do agree that for a game like Guild Wars, addons aren't really all that important. Mostly and imo, it is because you're limited to a small selection of spells and they are either on relatively short cds, or the de/buff they provide is a short timed one. Also, I think a lot of the skills are more "simplistic" than some of WoWs.

it also helps that GWs is made with the idea in mind that you don't need addons and more than likely won't have them. WoW is in a different field than GW and thus addons can and sometimes do make or break it for people. While you can get by without addons, you may not be performing at you max abilities.

*sigh* As if your arguments are any more convincing.

Whatever, enjoy your time on your high horse. I won't bother continuing this here, this is a thread about GW2, not WoW.
    Yes, they actually are. I'm sorry that you don't have a proper rebuttal but is that any reason to insult me?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    alright, alright. No need to go after what each other is or is not doing. While I do agree that for a game like Guild Wars, addons aren't really all that important. Mostly and imo, it is because you're limited to a small selection of spells and they are either on relatively short cds, or the de/buff they provide is a short timed one. Also, I think a lot of the skills are more "simplistic" than some of WoWs.

it also helps that GWs is made with the idea in mind that you don't need addons and more than likely won't have them. WoW is in a different field than GW and thus addons can and sometimes do make or break it for people. While you can get by without addons, you may not be performing at you max abilities.
    Sorry to say but you're not actually contributing anything to this argument aside from what's already been said and rebuked.
    Last edited by Requimortem; 2011-09-26 at 09:22 AM.

I don't believe I ever asked a question.

No. I know plenty of healers who don't use addons that tell who to heal and with what yet keep the entire raid alive. Just because you're not that good without them doesn't mean everyone else is too.

The need for addons stems from people constantly wanting things to be handed to them instead of working for it, not from poor development choices (which I've yet to see, at least in World of Warcraft).
    The thing is, that alot of people hate the standard UI in wow and want to be able to change look, size and other stuff. I personally, when I still played wow, did not use the addons that "play" the game for you like DBM, healbot etc. But I did use TukUI since I loved the looks and the features it have. I love to be able to move things around to fit my playstyle and be able to track my own buffs/debuffs with bars instead of small spining icons that can be hard to track when there is a 8347 other debuffs on the boss frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Belial View Post
    The thing is, that alot of people hate the standard UI in wow and want to be able to change look, size and other stuff. I personally, when I still played wow, did not use the addons that "play" the game for you like DBM, healbot etc. But I did use TukUI since I loved the looks and the features it have. I love to be able to move things around to fit my playstyle and be able to track my own buffs/debuffs with bars instead of small spining icons that can be hard to track when there is a 8347 other debuffs on the boss frame.
    I've got nothing against custom UIs. In fact, I was actually asking about one before this petty argument started. I need to go browse Curse.com for a while since I doubt I'll be receiving an answer anytime soon... if ever.

I've got nothing against custom UIs. In fact, I was actually asking about one before this petty argument started. I need to go browse Curse.com for a while since I doubt I'll be receiving an answer anytime soon... if ever.
    oh.. my bad then. Is it a WoW UI you are looking for?

If so, try take a look at TukUI.org if you don't already know it. imo it's an awsome UI.

Deleted
    How about you stop replying to these posts? It's obviously going nowhere, arguments have already started between members of the forum over this.

Quote Originally Posted by Belial View Post
    oh.. my bad then. Is it a WoW UI you are looking for?
    Yeah. I actually just found it surprisingly enough. It's called "LunarSphere" but unfortunately the person behind the addon is no longer updating it (last update was nearly a year ago). I'm still going to use it though, provided it's not broken when I load it up. I guess I'll also take this time to update my other mods and remove Auctionator. I started using it during the last patch or the one before that because I didn't feel like waiting for them to make Auctioneer compatible. Poor decision on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    How about you stop replying to these posts? It's obviously going nowhere, arguments have already started between members of the forum over this.
    How about you just not say anything? I think that's better than essentially continuing the thing you're "trying" to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Looking back at the last page, I see you asked no question and simply stated your opinion about using addons. So why not state the question again ?

And last time I looked, all I needed was my own opinion to state to add to an argument.
    What? If there's no question how could I state it a second time?

Except you added nothing to the argument. Nothing. You basically repeated what Xuvial said.
    Last edited by Requimortem; 2011-09-26 at 09:36 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Looking back at the last page, I see you asked no question and simply stated your opinion about using addons. So why not state the question again ?

And last time I looked, all I needed was my own opinion to state to add to an argument.

Deleted
    How about you just not say anything? I think that's better than essentially continuing the thing you're "trying" to stop.
    Take your own advice instead of been an asshole to everyone. I didn't even reply to you with anything insulting, yet you're trying to be the big man here.

Now, stop continuing your rant, and move the hell off the subject all together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Play nice people.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Take your own advice instead of been an asshole to everyone. I didn't even reply to you with anything insulting, yet you're trying to be the big man here.

Now, stop continuing your rant, and move the hell off the subject all together.
    You're insulting me right now as well as further derailing the thread. I've said nothing even remotely offensive yet you feel that I've somehow wronged you. I suggest you change your tune and wander off before this gets any worse.

15+ Year Old Account
    What? If there's no question how could I state it a second time?

Except you added nothing to the argument. Nothing. You basically repeated what Xuvial said.
    :S Makes it seem like you asked something.

You're right, my opinion was in the same vein of Xuvial's. Doesn't mean I couldn't and shouldn't have posted it. And truthfully your posts in reply to others' about addons comes of as snippy or snooty. If that's not your intent, maybe you should reword things.

Deleted
    You're insulting me right now as well as further derailing the thread. I've said nothing even remotely offensive yet you feel that I've somehow wronged you. I suggest you change your tune and wander off before this gets any worse.
    It seems to be the only language you understand, so I had no choice. Now get off you high horse, and stop pretneding you're something amazing on the internet.

If you don't like my tone, I suggest you not come by this topic again then, since I reply to everyone exactly the same way, I will tell you how it is no matter who you think you are. You seem to think you're above people here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Calm down guys, waiting this long for the slightest bit of GW2 info has caused us all to get a bit on the edge .