Deleted

Is this a good setup?

http://www.inet.se/kundvagn/visa/916740/2011-09-26

Does it look good? It's for my cousin, he wanted me to build one for him, he wanted that chassi and he wanted an ASUS motherboard. Is that motherboard fine or should we take some cheaper?

But, should I change graphics card, not to some more expensive but to a cheaper, he wont play the latest games on good graphics.

Also, whats the difference between i5 2500 and i5 2500K, except the slight 1 euro difference?

Also, which Power Supply should we buy? How much watt will it need?

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no case on your list
    Mobo looks fine from what i can tell
    Difference betweek 2500 and the 2500K is that you cannot overclock the 2500
    a 500-600 watt powersupply should be enough for this build

edit: what is your cousin going to use this computer for? if he is into gaming you might want to consider spending more money on graphics card
    Last edited by Backreaper; 2011-09-26 at 02:32 PM. Reason: grammar prevails once more
    Priest? What do you mean i'm a priest?
    I have dots, a pet and i can turn into a dark purple form with wings, i'm obviously a warlock!

Deleted
    - I see no case on your list.
    - The difference between the i5 2500 and the 2500k is that the 2500k has Intel HD Graphics 3000 and is unlocked (which means it can be overclocked).
    - If this is a budget build, skip the SSD unless he really wants it.
    - A Corsair CX500 is enough to power that build. Get a 650W if you want to SLI in the future

Edit: Here: http://www.inet.se/kundvagn/visa/820654/2011-09-02
    Add the case you were looking at. All set. (Noticed that the PSU isn't in stock, replace it with e.g. this).
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2011-09-26 at 02:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    - A Corsair CX500 is enough to power that build. Get a 650W if you want to SLI in the future
    What a good PSU to ensure its good for a few years? I was advised by guildies to go for an 850W PSU but I have no real information or facts to backup why I would need this.
    ..........gtfo for now

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by burkhartt View Post
    What a good PSU to ensure its good for a few years? I was advised by guildies to go for an 850W PSU but I have no real information or facts to backup why I would need this.
    It depends on your build and future intentions. If you are running SLI GTX580s an 850W PSU is well justified, but for what the OP intends to build it is just about as overkill as it gets. Also, more wattage doesn't mean it will last longer.

Deleted
    It depends on your build and future intentions. If you are running SLI GTX580s an 850W PSU is well justified, but for what the OP intends to build it is just about as overkill as it gets. Also, more wattage doesn't mean it will last longer.
    Often overkill on wattage ruins a PSU. It's running far below the optimal percentage of use.

The SSD is confusing, is it a budget build or what?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Backreaper View Post
    There is no case on your list
    Mobo looks fine from what i can tell
    Difference betweek 2500 and the 2500K is that you cannot overclock the 2500
    a 500-600 watt powersupply should be enough for this build

edit: what is your cousin going to use this computer for? if he is into gaming you might want to consider spending more money on graphics card
    What's a good graphics card for around 250 euro max, for BF 3?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neyroth View Post
    What's a good graphics card for around 250 euro max, for BF 3?
    MSI GeForce GTX580 Twin Frozr II OC

- If its for gaming, remember i5 is better then i7. Unless you play multiple games at the same time, which you dont :-)

And remember to take 2500K so you can clock it a little

http://www.inet.se/kundvagn/visa/917...nktillkundvagn
    This will have him play older games for years. :P
    Added a case for a complete build (apart from CPU-heatsink), but since you had something in mind already, use that.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    Often overkill on wattage ruins a PSU. It's running far below the optimal percentage of use.
    I agree. 850w for any single-card rig is pointless. 550w or 750w for dual GPU builds is more than enough.

---------- Post added 2011-09-26 at 05:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zaquel View Post
    MSI GeForce GTX580 Twin Frozr II OC

- If its for gaming, remember i5 is better then i7. Unless you play multiple games at the same time, which you dont :-)

And remember to take 2500K so you can clock it a little
    The i5 is not better than the i7 for gaming, per se. It just isn't worse.
    Also, your GPU-recommendation is horrible. He had a 250€ budget for the GPU and it costs what, 470€?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    http://www.inet.se/kundvagn/visa/917...nktillkundvagn
    This will have him play older games for years. :P
    Added a case for a complete build (apart from CPU-heatsink), but since you had something in mind already, use that.
    I agree. 850w for any single-card rig is pointless. 550w or 750w for dual GPU builds is more than enough.

---------- Post added 2011-09-26 at 05:12 PM ----------

The i5 is not better than the i7 for gaming, per se. It just isn't worse.
    Also, your GPU-recommendation is horrible. He had a 250€ budget for the GPU and it costs what, 470€?
    We took this https://www.inet.se/kundvagn/visa/917167/2011-09-26 XFX Radeon HD 6950 "Most priceworthy card on the market today".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by neyroth View Post
    We took this https://www.inet.se/kundvagn/visa/917167/2011-09-26 XFX Radeon HD 6950 "Most priceworthy card on the market today".
    Not bad. The 600W is overkill though, I'd advise to get a 500W instead. The SSD just feels out of place, besides, where is the HDD for backups and main storage? Good case choice and nice cooler.

Also note that 4 products that you have chosen aren't in stock.

Deleted
    Not bad. The 600W is overkill though, I'd advise to get a 500W instead. The SSD just feels out of place, besides, where is the HDD for backups and main storage? Good case choice and nice cooler.
    He will take the SATA HDD from his current PC. He wanted an SSD for a fast PC.

He'll get the PC Case for christmas, so I guess the other stuff will be in stock by then.

https://www.inet.se/artikel/6909618/...-cx-500w-v2-80

better then?
    Last edited by mmoc6747fcb5a0; 2011-09-26 at 03:45 PM.

Deleted

Re the ASUS motherboard

Just quick note to let you know that I've had some major problems with a number of ASUS products recently -- and discussing with others, it would seem that their products and tech support are going downhill at a rapid rate.

From what I've experienced and heard, avoid ASUS at all costs, try to find another solution.