Deleted
    Okay then. Getting a ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 and upgrading to dual GPU whenever I start lagging in games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    Okay then. Getting a ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 and upgrading to dual GPU whenever I start lagging in games.
    Nice, sexy board.

WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    And many Watts PSU Do you need for dual 6870's? Right now I have a 500W so I'm pretty sure I'll have to upgrade when getting the second card.
    Under realistic max-load, such a build would draw about 482w from your PSU.

I'd say this is too little leeway, especially as I don't know the quality of your psu. 650w~ seems like a reasonable platform, and you would still have quite a bit of headroom to play with overclocks.
    I would personally look at http://www.prisjakt.nu/produkt.php?p=772814 in the power-range. This is me, though.
    If you're not a perfectionist, and just want something that "works flawless" and for less money, you should get the
    http://www.prisjakt.nu/produkt.php?p=734270 .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I'm going over to a friend's place today to help him move his rig over from his old POS cabinet and into this.
    Thats the NeWEGG EXCLUSIVE i got that to will blue leds fucking EPIC!!

I think this thread should be stickied. Anyways- my motherboard came today and I spent a few hours getting everything up, connected and working. I lack a GPU so I can't actually use the machine yet, but that's due in <2 weeks.

http://doirdyn.imgur.com/pc#0uwhQ

Last edited by conqq; 2011-09-28 at 01:13 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    I think this thread should be stickied.
    It's linked in the sticky index. This index exist to keep the amount of active stickies in check.

Anyways- my motherboard came today and I spent a few hours getting everything up, connected and working. I lack a GPU so I can't actually use the machine yet, but that's due in <2 weeks.
    Looks good. What GPU do you plan to get? The GTX580 linked in your signature?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this thread should be stickied. Anyways- my motherboard came today and I spent a few hours getting everything up, connected and working. I lack a GPU so I can't actually use the machine yet, but that's due in <2 weeks.

<snip>
    Dream machine coming to life

Couldn't you back away from the PC a bit and take just 1 good photo from the side that shows ALL the components + case?

e.g. like these two:
    http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n...osycho/pc2.jpg
    http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n...o/P1010269.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    It's linked in the sticky index. This index exist to keep the amount of active stickies in check.

Looks good. What GPU do you plan to get? The GTX580 linked in your signature?
    2GB 560ti then 580 SLI when I can afford it. I have a contract coming up so I may get them sooner than expected

---------- Post added 2011-09-27 at 09:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Dream machine coming to life

Couldn't you back away from the PC a bit and take just 1 good photo from the side that shows ALL the components + case?

e.g. like these two:
    http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n...osycho/pc2.jpg
    http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n...o/P1010269.jpg
    Taking pictures off my camera phone, low quality unfortunately. When it's all put together with GPU, I'll find my camera's transfer cord.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolex Snob View Post
    PC Gaming setup:

IMG_2866 by kurfer, on Flickr

IMG_2904 by kurfer, on Flickr

IMG_2881 by kurfer, on Flickr

Console Gaming Setup:

DSC00685 by kurfer, on Flickr

IMG_2959 by kurfer, on Flickr

IMG_2921 by kurfer, on Flickr
    that's just waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much man..

Quote Originally Posted by laggspike View Post
    that's just waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much man..
    The "disregard women, acquire currency" meme comes to mind when I see all that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Taking pictures off my camera phone, low quality unfortunately. When it's all put together with GPU, I'll find my camera's transfer cord.
    I didn't say anything about the quality, it's just fine :P I said back away (or zoom out) from the open-window-side of the PC so we can see the whole thing :P

I didn't say anything about the quality, it's just fine :P I said back away (or zoom out) from the open-window-side of the PC so we can see the whole thing :P
    Meh, I'll have the GPU soon enough. I'll make an album with high-detail pics and repost then. Expect them in 2 weeks

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

My new computer

Case: TJ11
    Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV extreme-z
    CPU: i7 2600k
    GPU: EVGA GTX 580 3GB

Quote Originally Posted by Rolex Snob View Post
    PC Gaming setup:

IMG_2866 by kurfer, on Flickr

IMG_2904 by kurfer, on Flickr

IMG_2881 by kurfer, on Flickr

Console Gaming Setup:

DSC00685 by kurfer, on Flickr

IMG_2959 by kurfer, on Flickr

IMG_2921 by kurfer, on Flickr

This is the best thing I have ever seen

Quote Originally Posted by Nockol View Post
    -s-

My new computer

Case: TJ11
    Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV extreme-z
    CPU: i7 2600k
    GPU: EVGA GTX 580 3GB
    Why is it backwards? Just seems weird. otherwise cool case

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why is it backwards? Just seems weird. otherwise cool case
    The motherboard it self is in a different orientation and im guessing thats how the designers wanted it. I honestly don't know why it is exactly like that from a design perspective but it is such a handy case

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nockol View Post
    The motherboard it self is in a different orientation and im guessing thats how the designers wanted it. I honestly don't know why it is exactly like that from a design perspective but it is such a handy case
    It's designed around the notion that hot air rises and it's better to intake cool air from the bottom. So instead of the typical front-intake > components > rear-exhaust, it goes bottom-intake > components > top-exhaust. Also it's not technically "upside down" but merely rotated 90-degrees, take a Silverstone Raven RV02 for example:

Neat isn't it?
    The design results in some of Silverstone's cases having most effective air cooling out there.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2011-09-28 at 02:58 AM.

It's designed around the notion that hot air rises and it's better to intake cool air from the bottom. So instead of the typical front-intake > components > rear-exhaust, it goes bottom-intake > components > top-exhaust. Also it's not technically "upside down" but merely rotated 90-degrees, take a Silverstone Raven RV02 for example:

-s-

Neat isn't it?
    The design results in some of Silverstone's cases having most effective air cooling out there.
    That is one awesome case. I was calling it backwards because the mobo was on the opposite side of the case than is typical

That is one awesome case. I was calling it backwards because the mobo was on the opposite side of the case than is typical
    Personally, I wish there were more cases like that. Not every room is set up such that you can place your computer tower where you can easily get inside it with the main access panel on the left side (my computer sits on a stool to the right of my desk, whenever I need to get inside my case, I have to move it)

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I personally have no problem where the case is because it is a corner desk. the case is excellent for air cooling even though i wish to go to water in the future. I also love the cable management it was well thought out I must say.