SWTOR in Oceania

Everyone in Oceania knows we have to wait a while for physical release. However a lot of people just say that they'll buy it on Amazon/Ebay and have it shipped. My question is if you get it shipped will you still be able to play or will they restrict IP addresses' access to servers in the US from Oceania? And could this be bypassed by a VPN if that were the case? I haven't found conclusive information on Google, maybe someone knows

Deleted
    you Will be able to join THE european or Na servers

And sorry about the random caps, iPhonewants to be a Dick
    Last edited by mmocfa2fcc6742; 2011-09-27 at 09:14 AM.

They have stated there will be no IP address blocking, not sure if they will change that idea come release.

Yeah they have said there will be no IP blocking.

I have already got my Amazon pre-order down, I am not going to wait till they feel Oceania should have a release.

I have mine pre-ordered from EB Games so i don't really wanna cancel it, so I'm just hoping that Bioware wont disappoint me and make me wait months coz that wouldn't be a good start to my relationship with them

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still not sure what i'm going to do yet. Amazon does seem like a good option right now, but by the time i get it, I will be in Tassie for a music festival.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saintphoenix View Post
    I have mine pre-ordered from EB Games so i don't really wanna cancel it, so I'm just hoping that Bioware wont disappoint me and make me wait months coz that wouldn't be a good start to my relationship with them
    Yeh same. Im thinking of calling them up next week (after theyve caught up on the fact of wen the game is coming out) and see wat they will be doing regarding pre-orders and early release play. Btw thank god I hav a 3 month break between wen it comes out and wen Uni in Melb starts! ^_^
    "There is a savage beast in every man, and when you hand that man a sword or spear and send him forth to war, the beast stirs." - George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords

Having just moved to Australia last week from Canada, I have the luxury of having my parents or siblings get the game for me and then just mailing it my way . Though it does raise the question of what server I think would suit me best in terms of timezone...

Quote Originally Posted by Jaronicity View Post
    Having just moved to Australia last week from Canada, I have the luxury of having my parents or siblings get the game for me and then just mailing it my way . Though it does raise the question of what server I think would suit me best in terms of timezone...
    Make sure you ask them to look inside the box and email/message you the CD-key before they mail it to you.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

I've had it on Pre-order for months and months at my Local EB games in Aus. yet today i went and revoked the pre-order and got my money back, because the manager of the EB i was talking to about SW:TOR said they wouldn't be getting hard copies for a couple of months after Release, and he told me if i wanted to play it straight away best bet would be import.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Make sure you ask them to look inside the box and email/message you the CD-key before they mail it to you.
    Why? I haven't preordered anything. I plan on just getting hard copies of things and just installing the old fashioned way. The way my connection is and my bandwidth limit, there's no way I'm downloading any client.