The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

The Middle-Earth Landscape

There is a Youtube multi-part video floating around showcasing a server with Middle Earth built in Minecraft. Does anyone happen to know if that world is available for download? Video below.

WARNING: the videos are like scraping fingernails down a blackboard to me, with all the inane comments from the twat who recorded it. Nice video, but he should mute himself.
    Well that's just typical. Ten minutes before the most important party of my life, and half the house has been destroyed by a giant sandwich.

At first i was kinda upset that you would bash on a commentator, but then i watched the video and i completely agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesse Cox from OMFGcata has also covered this map. Maybe you'll find him less irritating.

But I agree the map itself is very impressive. I was amazed at the Mines of Moria.
    Why is the shield generator always outside the shield?

Ofcourse I know that server! I'm a long time member and admin on the server.
    It's called Minecraft Middle-Earth and our website is http://www.minecraftmiddleearth.com/
    You'll have to apply for the whitelist though and it might take a while for you to get accepted for there are so many people trying to get on the server.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Impzor View Post
    Ofcourse I know that server! I'm a long time member and admin on the server.
    It's called Minecraft Middle-Earth and our website is http://www.minecraftmiddleearth.com/
    You'll have to apply for the whitelist though and it might take a while for you to get accepted for there are so many people trying to get on the server.
    Well it looks really good, give yourselves a pat on the back.
    Well that's just typical. Ten minutes before the most important party of my life, and half the house has been destroyed by a giant sandwich.

I'm on that server. It's nuts what has been built. I got whitelisted just so I can run around and see what's going on. Moria is really amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by deathleach View Post
    Jesse Cox from OMFGcata has also covered this map. Maybe you'll find him less irritating.

But I agree the map itself is very impressive. I was amazed at the Mines of Moria.
    This is amazing! There's so much to see on there, I want to go check that out now :-D

So amazing. Some people just have too much time on their hands

just amazing. im waiting to see azeroth be created

Deleted
    Heh, Would be fun, Especially if you create every mountain and the such

Quote Originally Posted by leith1337 View Post
    Heh, Would be fun, Especially if you create every mountain and the such
    now that's a massive timesink would be awesome to see regardless.

We did actually make mountains by hand before voxel

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Impzor View Post
    We did actually make mountains by hand before voxel
    are the mountains hollow or did you guys make them solid?

I've seen people build these individually, but a whole WORLD of middle earth?? Insane

Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    are the mountains hollow or did you guys make them solid?
    Nah, the mountains are hollow for the most part. We don't really dig into them anyways.

Deleted

Talking Progress

Heya! As a Huge Lord of the rings fan i am amazed by this project. Just want to know a couple of things, like.. how much of middle earth has been finished? And will it ever be public?