Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Can any race be any class?

HI,

my friends and I have decided to play the empire, i'm gonna roll a sith marauder specialty. Can chiss be marauders?

Deleted
    They'll release the full race / class list later I suspect. I know vaguely what they can be in beta. But really, we aren't supposed to leak. So have a little http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=273eSvOwpKk&ob=av3n

I would imagine there would definitely be restrictions - I doubt they would let a Sith Pureblood play anything on the Republic side, for example. That is speculation of course, but I would be shocked if there was a Sith Pureblood Jedi Sentinel. Although I could totally see that going down on RP servers if it is allowed <.<

There's no confirmed list yet, but they have said in various convention interviews that some races will not be able to be certain classes because of overarching lore (Chiss force users basically don't exist) and they're debating some race class combinations based on the class story.

I suspect we'll get a final confirmed official list a little ways down the road.

Something tells me Sith Purebloods won't be able to be Jedi.

Wasn't it theorized that extra classes / races would be part of the legacy system?

(or is that me dreaming again)

Quote Originally Posted by Tomhvk View Post
    Wasn't it theorized that extra classes / races would be part of the legacy system?

(or is that me dreaming again)
    A lot of people are speculating that the Legacy system will unlock new races and new race-class combinations, but there has be ZERO word from Bioware on what the system is, how it works, or if there even still is a 'legacy system.'

I think there was a PC gamer (or some other mag) that had a photo of what the races could be. Event though BW has not confirmed it seemed like there were a few testers that said it was spot on at the time.

It could have changed but it might give you something to go by.

You can see it and a bioware response here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=294609

Deleted
    Think I'm going to go Pureblood for my Inquisitor, isn't it quite odd that they haven't officially released the race/class combinations yet this close to launch?

Well thanks everyone for the replies. My basic premise for asking is that I don't really like the other races. The Chiss i seem to like moreso than the purebloods but if i have to roll a pureblood i'll do so.

There's so much information in this forum and on the web that it takes up a lot of time so that's why i decided to ask here. Thanks again everyone for the replies.

I thought I saw the class/race combos on the swtor wiki. It might be placeholder info. But its worth checking either way.

15+ Year Old Account
    I believe the most "official" list of playable race and classes at this point, without actually using information gleaned from the betas, is the PC Gamer list from way back:
    PC Gamer UK printed an article featuring the "current" playable classes.

Human: Trooper, Knight, Consular, Smuggler, Agent, Inquisitor, Warrior, Bounty Hunter.
    Cyborg: Trooper, Smuggler, Agent, Warrior, Bounty Hunter
    Rattataki: Agent, Inquisitor, Bounty Hunter
    Chiss: Agent, Bounty Hunter
    Mirialan: Trooper, Knight, Consular, Smuggler.
    Twi'lek: Knight, Consular, Smuggler, Inquisitor.
    Zabrak: Trooper, Knight, Consular, Smuggler, Agent, Inquisitor, Warrior, Bounty Hunter.
    Pureblood: Warrior, Inquisitor
    Miraluka: Knight, Consular

Some things will likely change by launch, like Purebloods for Inqs since Bioware said it isn't going to happen, but as of right now I think this is the best anyone can do.

Right now the race/class combos are fairly limited and strict.

There is a rumored feature called a Lagacy system that supposivly will open up race/class combos and even add some new races to choose

I've heard that such races may include Cyborg, Sith pureblood for jedi (but this may have been an early misconception since a jedi companion is a SP)

They havn't released full details yet

Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    Think I'm going to go Pureblood for my Inquisitor, isn't it quite odd that they haven't officially released the race/class combinations yet this close to launch?
    Well technically they have was in a PC Gamer issue...see conscripts post

ofc this may of changed already

i saw on swtor official forums a poll about cyborgs being removed as a class.so i dont think they are around anymore.

im pretty sure the only confirmed things thru bioware so far is Miraluka,miralian are republic only. and chiss,purebloods, and rattatakis are sith only. Zabraks and humans can be everything.

(not in beta; speculation from the pc article and the official forums and videos)

Currently they are as follows.

Knight - Human, Mirialan, Twilek, Zabrak, Miraluka
    Consular - Human, Mirialan, Twilek, Zabrak, Miraluka
    Smuggler - Human, Cyborg, Twilek, Zabrak, Mirialan
    Trooper - Human, Zabrak, Cyborg, Mirialan

Warrior - Human, Pureblood, Cyborg, Zabrak
    Imperial Agent - Human, Chiss, Cyborg, Zabrak, Rattataki
    Inquisitor - Human, Twilek, Rattataki, Zabrak, Pureblood
    Bounty Hunter - Human, Cyborg, Zabrak, Rattataki, Chiss

pureblood inquisitor must make it to launch, I want to believe

Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    I would really like to have a Pureblood Inquisitor as on of my alts, but unless the Devs have changed their minds, you cannot play as a Pureblood Sith Inquisitor, as it conflicts with the Inquisitor class story.

Sources:
    In regards to a screenshot that was leaked, "...right now character creation is set to "dev mode" and allows all combinations. Some are much funnier and wrong than this--Pureblood Knight anyone? That doesn't mean they will be shipping. In this case, in a rush to get a screenshot done, someone goofed and made an illegal class-species combo. There is no confirmation of Pureblood SIs at this time."
    -Daniel Erickson SWtoR Official Forums

Watch this video,he talks about Purebloods at around 4:00. "Our Sith Inquisitor story, however, has you start as a slave. Obviously, you're not going to go and be a Sith Pureblood."

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo89 View Post
    I would really like to have a Pureblood Inquisitor as on of my alts, but unless the Devs have changed their minds,
    who knows, maybe they have?
    this has been a huge topic in the community, everywhere where people are talking about race/class combos it always comes down to pureblood inquisitors, even in this very thread here right now.

what is it about these pureblood inquisitors?

I hope that race will be more than just aesthetics, like in WoW each race has a couple of meaningful racials, they aren't powerful enough to dictate what race you HAVE to be, but they are a nice little bit of flavour. Rift racials are more or less pointless imo, and it just amounts to aesthetics... I'm hoping they go the WoW route rather than the Rift one, I like my race to mean something more than just that I like the pixels (tho that is often the deciding factor in what race I choose anyway...)

On topic:

No not every class can be every race, which makes sense.
    Last edited by Delia; 2011-09-27 at 08:43 PM.