Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Official: Ask Any Questions Here, General Discussion

Hey everyone. I just thought of starting a mega-thread for any questions, feel free to answer, I hope I'm not the only person answering. Please don't flame eachother for "stupid questions" or "stupid answers", you may politely refute an answer with information on why, but don't make it a flame-fest.

Just a little information about myself;
    I've played League since beta, I am the leader of a team, and although I never reached it, I have played with, know, and play at about the same skill level as 1900-2k players. The highest I've reached is roughly 1550, as low as it is. I have played in tournaments, and have a high skill level. I specialize in AD carries (specifically ranged), but I can play every role to a reasonable skill threshold. Well, lets hear the questions or discussion .

---------- Post added 2011-09-27 at 09:38 PM ----------

Shameless self bump D:
    Thanks to JustintimeSS for the amazing signature.

Deleted
    Isn't your signature way too big :P?

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I haven't heard anything about it . It may be, I have other signatures of champions that are slightly scaled down.

Deleted
    I believe it's 500x100 maximum!

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly have no clue. If there is an issue with it (its been this way for a month plus), I have no problems changing it.

---------- Post added 2011-09-27 at 09:56 PM ----------

I'm still open for any questions . Until I eventually go to sleep. :P

Why do you think your skill-level is the same as 1.9k-2k players?

how come when i go in for a game, and when i get in we always lose and im always trying to carry while the rest are just feeding, is there some way i can get in a group of people taht will actually play properly with me please answer
    "Anger dwells only in the bosom of fools" Albert Einstein

Chuckled a bit

is there some way i can get in a group of people taht will actually play properly with me
    Find some partners to play on a more regular basis till you (best case) five work really good in a team. Then work as a premade team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ais View Post
    Why? Because it is. In serious games, I have roughly a 90% CS ratio hits/misses, I don't often miss. I play at a level higher than Pia7, a player who, although a friend, is top rated 2050, if you would like to search him up, I have beat him in both laning phases and played with him on my team, getting more CS and a better KDR, as well as leading the team better than he did.

---------- Post added 2011-09-28 at 08:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PickleYoDaddy View Post
    how come when i go in for a game, and when i get in we always lose and im always trying to carry while the rest are just feeding, is there some way i can get in a group of people taht will actually play properly with me please answer
    What champions are you playing?

Is your whole team feeding? These are a few questions that must be answered first.

Having 1 feeder, or even 2 on your team may be bearable, although I doubt it. If you are playing hard carries that require late game, then you require late game. Mages like Brand or Annie can often carry a team if you get fed, but carries like Ashe, etc. can't really carry until 30+ minutes in when you have your core, for example Berserker Greaves, IE, Phantom Dancer, and Last Whisper type thing. I find that fed bruisers (Irelia, Jarvan) can often force a surrender at 20 minutes.

An alternate path to go, is to duo if not queue with a whole team. You cannot depend on other players to know what to do, such as group up at dragon and what not, but if you personally know a player or the team, you can sortof depend on them for certain things, IE warding, etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is Rammus a viable tank/jungler for ultra-high ELO play? (talking SR)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Is Rammus a viable tank/jungler for ultra-high ELO play? (talking SR)
    Yes and no. Rammus completely viable at high elo, but there are better picks, such as Amumu. The only place for Rammus if played, is the jungle, as laning as Rammus would both suck, and isn't very viable. So to answer your question, Yes, but he is not often played and there are simply better picks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thank you!

I just got done watching USA vs. Canada - Canada banned Zilean both rounds...is that because Reginald is known for his strong Zilean game...or is Zilean really that powerful on SR?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Thank you!

I just got done watching USA vs. Canada - Canada banned Zilean both rounds...is that because Reginald is known for his strong Zilean game...or is Zilean really that powerful on SR?
    Zilean was banned because of Reginald, as he is one of the best AP players out there, and his Zilean is quite scary.

---------- Post added 2011-09-28 at 12:40 PM ----------

Shameless bump

---------- Post added 2011-09-28 at 02:37 PM ----------

Hello. I'm now free to answer questions for the next while if there are any questions needing answers.

Deleted
    Zilean was banned because of Reginald, as he is one of the best AP players out there, and his Zilean is quite scary.
    While I agree with you, personally, I don't see what the big deal is with Zilean. As one high player to another, playing versus a Zilean, is like playing versus a Le Blanc, you play super passive and not allow him the kills, take a farmer like Cass/Karthus who can farm at range, and watch as you snowball hard into mid game, while Zilean falls off, because other than his 1-2 bomb (on a long CD), his only other utility is a Revive.

I get why he's strong, I just don't get why he's worthy of a ban. He's very easily countered.

(1950+ (peaked at 2.1k I think) Elo player last season on US as EU player, now transfered to EU :P)

(Totally not asking questions for lulz)

What are your thoughts on Urgots general job in games? With his only average damage end-game, low survivability (No escape tools, not the strongest self shield) and ultimate, which potentially puts him in the worst possible spot without flash?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    (Totally not asking questions for lulz)

What are your thoughts on Urgots general job in games? With his only average damage end-game, low survivability (No escape tools, not the strongest self shield) and ultimate, which potentially puts him in the worst possible spot without flash?
    IMO, he's an anti-carry while tanking damage. If you build him full glass cannon, you're going to fail. If you build him tanky after 1-2 dps items, you'll have the damage output to be considered a threat, while soaking enough damage to put yourself in the middle of their team. That's how, I've seen him played in tournament play, at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its Annie viable for high rated endgame?
    At which level can i start joining ranked games?

Deleted
    Why would you buy rylais for singed? It makes no sense as your job is to kite people. Why would anyone keep running after you if they know they will get slowed and probably never catch you? I just don't get why so many singed guides has rylais build into them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Antherios View Post
    Its Annie viable for high rated endgame?
    At which level can i start joining ranked games?
    There are better casters our there, still viable yes, high pick? no.
    You can start ranked games as soon as you hit level 30

---------- Post added 2011-09-29 at 10:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Abtul View Post
    Why would you buy rylais for singed? It makes no sense as your job is to kite people. Why would anyone keep running after you if they know they will get slowed and probably never catch you? I just don't get why so many singed guides has rylais build into them.
    Because, it's an excellent item for split pushing, as well as teamfighting. The slow from Rylais as well as toss (+the slow from toss) makes crowd controlling people very easy. While you're running around poisoning everyone, they will be getting to your carries slower. On top of that, it gives you a truck load of health up front, a lot of AP as well, to do that little bit more damage. If you play against a Singed who has Rylais, you need to commit to fights, because any second doubts, you won't be able to run away, and will potentially get aced.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StylesClashv3 View Post
    Because, it's an excellent item for split pushing, as well as teamfighting. The slow from Rylais as well as toss (+the slow from toss) makes crowd controlling people very easy. While you're running around poisoning everyone, they will be getting to your carries slower. On top of that, it gives you a truck load of health up front, a lot of AP as well, to do that little bit more damage. If you play against a Singed who has Rylais, you need to commit to fights, because any second doubts, you won't be able to run away, and will potentially get aced.
    Never thought of it like that. Though I still don't see any reason to rush it as teamfights (atleast at low ELO + norm games) won't be there till late game.