Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Patch 4.3 - 5-Man Dungeon - Hour of Twilight Strategy

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Hour of Twilight
    With the Dragon Soul retrieved from the past, the Heroes of Azeroth now prepare for the final confrontation with Deathwing. In the frozen wastes of Northrend, the towering spire of Wyrmrest Temple is under the assault of Deathwing's Twilight forces. In order to save Azeroth, Thrall must arrive safely at the temple with the Dragon Soul in hand.

Arcurion
    Horde and Alliance assaults against the Twilight's Hammer have slaughtered many of the cult's fearsome elemental ascendants. One exception is Arcurion, a formidable ice ascendant tasked to slay Thrall and retrieve the Dragon Soul. Should this twisted elemental being succeed, nothing will be able to stop Deathwing from ushering in the Hour of Twilight.

• Hand of Frost - Arcurion's icy grip reaches out and chills his target causing 50000 Frost damage.
    • Chains of Frost - Arcurion traps all enemies in Chains of Frost preventing them from moving.
    • Icy Tomb - Arcurion encases Thrall in an Icy Tomb. Free Thrall so that he can keep the ambushing forces at bay!
    • Frozen Servitor - Arcurion's minions begin to surround the canyon. Watch out for falling debris as they try to crush you into the ground with Icy Boulders!
      • Icy Boulder - Arcurion's minions assault you with tremendous blocks of ice dealing 20000 Frost damage.
    • Torrent of Frost - At 30% health Arcurion unleashes a devastating Torrent of Frost dealing 20000 frost damage each second to all enemies and reducing their movement speed by 50%.

Asira Dawnslayer
    Former blade-for-hire Asira Sunbright was initially leery of working for the Twilight's Hammer, but the cult's generous payments quickly won her over. In time, she succumbed to the corruptive influence of her dark employers, even going so far as to take on the name Dawnslayer. As one of the cult's deadliest assassins, Asira has been called upon to exterminate Thrall and his comrades.

• Mark of Silence - Asira marks enemy spellcasters. When a marked target casts a spell, Asira throws a knife in their direction.

• Throw Knife - Asira throws one of her knives toward an enemy spellcaster, inflicting 10000 Physical damage to the first player it collides with. If the knife hits a player afflicted with Mark of Silence, it also silences for 2.5 sec.
    • Choking Smoke Bomb - Creates a cloud of thick smoke in an 10 yard radius around the caster for 40 sec. Enemies are unable to target into or out of the smoke cloud and will take 5000 Nature damage every 1 seconds.
    • Blade Barrier - Assume a dazzling display of weapon mastery. Incoming damage below 30000 is reduced to 1. Effect ends when the caster is hit by damaging attack or spell above this threshold. Cast at low health.

• Lesser Blade Barrier - Asira puts up this weaker barrier when Blade Barrier is removed. Incoming damage below 25000 is reduced to 1. Effect ends when the caster is hit by damaging attack or spell above this threshold.
    • Thrall
      • Lava Burst - Hurl molten lava at the target, dealing 50000 Fire damage.
      • Rising Fire Totem - Summons a Fire Totem that lasts 30 sec and periodically increases the damage and maximum health of nearby players.
      • Healing Wave - Thrall calls upon Nature magic to heal himself.

Archbishop Benedictus
    Archbishop Benedictus is the revered leader of the Church of the Holy Light. For years, his wise guidance has been instrumental in seeing humanity through bleak times. Yet beneath his apparent benevolence lies the shocking truth that Benedictus has pledged himself to the eradication of all life on Azeroth through the agency of his dark master... Deathwing.

Stage One: The Betrayal
    Benedictus assaults Thrall with the powers of the Holy Light.

• Righteous Shear - The Righteous Shear inflicts Holy damage to enemies within 10 yards of the target per stack of Righteous Shear.
    • Purifying Light - Benedictus forms three orbs of Purifying Light and raises them above his head, sending them to assault a nearby enemy, causing a Purifying Blast.
      • Purifying Blast - The Purifying Blast inflicts 80000 Holy damage to enemies within 6 yards.
    • Wave of Virtue - Benedictus summons a Wave of Virtue to sweep across the platform which inflicts 100000 Holy damage to nearby enemies, knocking them back.

Stage Two: Twilight Transformation
    At 60% health Benedictus shows his true form, transforming into an agent of the Twilight and trapping Thrall in a Twilight Prison.

• Twilight Shear - The Twilight Shear inflicts Shadow damage to enemies within 10 yards of the target per stack of Twilight Shear.
    • Corrupting Twilight - Benedictus forms three orbs of Corrupting Twilight and raises them above his head, sending them to assault a nearby enemy, causing a Twilight Blast.
      • Twilight Blast - The Twilight Blast inflicts 80000 Shadow damage to enemies within 6 yards.
    • Wave of Twilight - Benedictus summons a Wave of Twilight to sweep across the platform which inflicts 100000 Shadow damage to nearby enemies, knocking them back.

Thrall
    Thrall will assist his allies, helping to combat Archbishop Benedictus.

• Cleansing Spirit - Thrall Cleanses the Spirit, dispeling one stack of a magic debuff!
    • Chain Lightning - Thrall lashes out at the Purifying Light, jumping to another nearby target, destroying them.
    • Water Shell - The Water Shell protects allies from the Wave of Virtue and increases damage done by 100% while inside the Water Shell.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Benedictus betrayed us noooo!

10+ Year Old Account
    that old man is gunna get it good
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    That old guy betrayed us?
    Alright, man, not even gonna try to take him alive. Just gonna kick his ass up between his ears.

15+ Year Old Account
    Darn that archbishop, we'll show him who is boss!

Im glad that its just one fight where thrall isn't disabled, and that the other 2 he actually helps us (and as I understood, its great help even)

I just hope Blizz implements that epic "...there is no good, no evil, no Light..." speech. Would be sooooooooooooooooo righteous. Iii|; )'
    Loaded like a freight train...
    ...Flying like an aeroplane...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DoomRyder View Post
    I just hope Blizz implements that epic "...there is no good, no evil, no Light..." speech. Would be sooooooooooooooooo righteous. Iii|; )'
    probably his RP deathspeech kael style?

Dammit, why do we have to wait, I KNOW WHERE BENEDICTUS IS. The church in Stormwind. GRAB YOUR PITCHFORKS MEN!!!!
    you are not your class,
    you are not how much gold you have in the bank
    you're not the mount you ride,
    you're not the contents of your bags,
    You're not your f***ing epics
    you're the all singing all dancing crap of the world....of warcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Heartattaq View Post
    Dammit, why do we have to wait, I KNOW WHERE BENEDICTUS IS. The church in Stormwind. GRAB YOUR PITCHFORKS MEN!!!!
    **forms horde raid to slay this traitorous dog** :P

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Why are people surprised at the fact that Benedictus is a traitor? It was even in the cataclysm beta sound files -_-

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's get back on topic ...no? ..Fine to Benedictus!
    OT: The second boss's shield seems pretty rad. I wonder how that'll work it. Aimed/Chimaera spam go go go.
    Howay the lads!

Quote Originally Posted by Heartattaq View Post
    Made me lol pretty hardcore

if you have a male gnome in your party, take off all your gear.

archbishop becomes distracted

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glinkle View Post

That just made my sides hurt from so much LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by glinkle View Post

wins the internet today

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobsagget View Post
    Let's get back on topic ...no? ..Fine to Benedictus!
    OT: The second boss's shield seems pretty rad. I wonder how that'll work it. Aimed/Chimaera spam go go go.
    Thrall summons a fire totem, so it's easier to make that high damage.

Rising Fire Totem - Summons a Fire Totem that lasts 30 sec and periodically increases the damage and maximum health of nearby players.

30k isn't exactly a big crit anyway...my tank can break that with shield slam/shockwave...maybe even a heroic strike crit. Any rogue finisher, almost any caster crit. I doubt you will even notice this ability getting activated unless you walk into the instance in greens. Not to mention execute/kill shot.
    Last edited by oricha; 2011-09-29 at 06:41 PM.

cant wait, gonna go DL the public test realm now

this is going to be epic!